Important SpaceX launch today

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Around 6:10 EST today SpaceX (Elon Musk's company) will be launching a Falcon 9 rocket with the climate watching satellite that Al Gore pushed in the 90s. As fascinating as that all is, this will also be the second attempt to land the first stage on a platform in the ocean. THAT is worth the cost of admission...

This is very exciting for us Space geeks. This will change everything if it works. It will save millions in launch costs...

Should be live on nasa.gov and space.com, or if you are lucky enough to have the NASA channel, which I don't. (grumble grumble grumble)

No Launch. A couple small problems. Next chance is tomorrow night... :(

Mod note: back to back posts merged.

Last edited by a moderator:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Delayed another day due to bad weather at the Cape. Currently planning TUESDAY at 6:05 p.m. EST (2305 GMT).

Sorry if I got folks juices flowing but this is how launches go, very weather dependent and everything needs to be perfect technically for the flights to go.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
If anyone is into this as much as I am, the Dragon capsule just separated from the ISS and will soon be headed home with old or finished experiments, trash, and items no longer needed on the station. That should splash down around 7:44 EST tonight.

Launch of DSCOVR is still scheduled for just after 6:00 PM EST tonight.

Edit: Grammer (again)

Mission scrubbed again. Upper level winds were too high.

Try again tomorrow at 6:03 EST.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
On It's Way!!!! First stage has dropped away. Anyone want to bet on whether they can land it? :)

Stage 2 engine shutdown...

Rough seas have scuttled the plan to try and land the first stage. Bummer. Will have to wait for the next launch.

Last edited:
cybrguy,
Reactions: 421

Where is there coverage of this? Wanna see the landing

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
It would have probably been available on NASA.gov or Space.com, but they had a bad weather cancellation of the landing attempt.

There is also spaceX.com, their own site.

cybrguy,
Reactions: 421
Top Bottom