I'm back!

Mark

John Brown
After years of smoking I am trying to quit again. Hopefully I will be active again on the forums too, such a great community!

My issue is I smoke tobacco with every hit on the bong I take. I have gotten to the point where it is a 50/50 mix of weed and tobacco.

I am trying to quit again, I've tried various vapes to force myself to quit the tobacco, but end up making an aqua lung out of desperation. Finally I've found that vaping extracts on a rig is finally making that urge to smoke less noticeable. Before that basically I couldn't smoke weed at all if I didn't mix it with tobacco, my mind just wouldn't allow it due to the addiction.

Any suggestions to help myself quit?

I took all my bong resin and extracted it with ISO, I also extracted several grams of keif from my grinder and some AVB in this ISO mix. I put a couple drops of shatter and butter in to increase the thc content a touch too and add some flavor. I plan to smoke this mix to get my nicotine when I am craving really bad, as the resin is hiiiiigh in nicotine content due to my 50/50 mix of smoking on the bong. This stuff leaves a horrible residue though so I have a banger just for it.

Is that 'black oil' a bad idea to smoke? I have not vacuum purged it either but I have it on a hot plate with a magnetic spinner and it's been working the last 24+ hours to purge it. Will it eventually purge enough with the heat and spinning?

VAPEHUNTER

After years of smoking I am trying to quit again. Hopefully I will be active again on the forums too, such a great community!

My issue is I smoke tobacco with every hit on the bong I take. I have gotten to the point where it is a 50/50 mix of weed and tobacco.

I am trying to quit again, I've tried various vapes to force myself to quit the tobacco, but end up making an aqua lung out of desperation. Finally I've found that vaping extracts on a rig is finally making that urge to smoke less noticeable. Before that basically I couldn't smoke weed at all if I didn't mix it with tobacco, my mind just wouldn't allow it due to the addiction.

Any suggestions to help myself quit?

I took all my bong resin and extracted it with ISO, I also extracted several grams of keif from my grinder and some AVB in this ISO mix. I put a couple drops of shatter and butter in to increase the thc content a touch too and add some flavor. I plan to smoke this mix to get my nicotine when I am craving really bad, as the resin is hiiiiigh in nicotine content due to my 50/50 mix of smoking on the bong. This stuff leaves a horrible residue though so I have a banger just for it.

Is that 'black oil' a bad idea to smoke? I have not vacuum purged it either but I have it on a hot plate with a magnetic spinner and it's been working the last 24+ hours to purge it. Will it eventually purge enough with the heat and spinning?

Luckily I've never had the issue of tobacco to deal with so I can't help you there. Sounds like you need to stick to extracts. If you don't have access to extract but if you have regular access to flower maybe pick up a hair straightener and some parchment paper and begin your journey into rosin.

VAPEHUNTER,

Mark

John Brown
I got as much access to extracts as flower around where I live. The bigger issue is my overpowering addiction to the tobacco which is to the point it I can't even smoke weed alone anymore. Only extracts

Mark,
Reactions: Prolusio

herbivore21

Is that 'black oil' a bad idea to smoke?
Man it sounds like that is the worst possible thing that you could dab. You are dabbing residue from tobacco smoke. Tobacco smoke is teaming with toxic, carcinogenic compounds. Any residues from it should never be extracted, should not be consumed in any way and should be disposed of safely, in a way that doesn't get to children, pets, waterways or the environment. You are very likely to concentrate harmful compounds by extracting stuff like this. The additional heat you are applying to purge is also going to further decompose the content of the residues.

Were I in your position, I'd be seeking to separate my cannabis and tobacco use. I would not dab anything tobacco derived and stick to cannabis concentrates, as these seem to have the least association with tobacco for you. Ween yourself off of tobacco in whichever way you find most comfortable and be prepared for the hell that is tobacco withdrawal. Good luck man, tobacco addiction is one hell of a dragon to slay!

YungLeaner

I don't think you'll be helped very much by dabbing resin from smoking weed and tobacco. I'm not sure if it's unsafe, but I definitely wouldn't smoke it.

Bonging tobacco is going to be a very difficult addiction to stop. Just because it isn't cigarettes doesn't make it easy.

I would worry a lot less about the nicotine content and a lot more about the awful tar and shit that you are coating your lungs with.

Because of this, I would get an E-Cig kit with high levels of nicotine, clean the shit out of your bong with ISO, and then take bong rips of the E-cig. This will give you the exact same nicotine high, and while you will miss the harsh hits, the addiction will fade over time. Then you start to lower the levels of nicotine in the E-Cig, and eventually make the jump to entirely free of nicotine. That could take as long as a year, but you need to stop putting tobacco in your lungs if you care about your pulmonary health.

Your E-cig can double as a battery for a concentrate atomizer, which you can also rip out of the bong. Taking huge rips of wax followed by huge hits of nicotine vapor should get you where you want to be way more effectively than weed and tobacco, and WAY more safely. If you have a nail you can just use the concentrates like that.

I also would never put butter into a concentrate. No offense but it just doesn't make sense. Butter is meant to be melted for eating, and no one that I know happily smokes/inhales the fumes of butter.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Trust @herbivore21, he knows what he is talking about.

Also what @YungLeaner suggested is a great idea.

Atomising PG isn't without its risks but it's a hell of a lot safer than inhaling tobacco smoke.

I'd look at getting a decent mod that will offer a satisfactory hit. Don't get a shitty device and then wonder why it's not hitting the spot. I know what it's like trying to quit smoking, it's had me bad. I found I missed more than just the Nicotine, I missed the process, the smoke break, the physical hit of the smoke in my chest. Using a decent mod helped far more than patches or gum.

I wish you the best if luck bud, now is a great time to upgrade from combusting to vaping.

https://abillionlives.vhx.tv

HD Springer

I also would never put butter into a concentrate. No offense but it just doesn't make sense. Butter is meant to be melted for eating, and no one that I know happily smokes/inhales the fumes of butter.

I bought some "butter" concentrate(from a CO dispensary) that looked like peanut butter. At least that's how it was labeled was butter concentrate. I've yet to really find out how it's made. But it tasted better then most of the wax and other shit that I've seen and tried. I used it just like I do my other concentrates.
When I go back to MY mother land and grab some more I will definitely be on the look out for more of this. I've just never been able to find just exactly what or how it's made.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I bought some "butter" concentrate(from a CO dispensary) that looked like peanut butter. At least that's how it was labeled was butter concentrate. I've yet to really find out how it's made. But it tasted better then most of the wax and other shit that I've seen and tried. I used it just like I do my other concentrates.
When I go back to MY mother land and grab some more I will definitely be on the look out for more of this. I've just never been able to find just exactly what or how it's made.

You can make it at home with a hair straightener and a vice.

ambertrichome

I conquered smoking 50/50 for 18 plus years by changing up to combusting 100% green for 18 months, then on to vaping. Unfortunately the 50/50 mix is the norm here in Australia. I've been vaping for about 18 months now :sherlock: and regret not doing it sooner. Good luck with the tobacco quitting thing :) it was pretty rough for me:evil::bang:

Mark

John Brown
I don't think you'll be helped very much by dabbing resin from smoking weed and tobacco. I'm not sure if it's unsafe, but I definitely wouldn't smoke it.

Bonging tobacco is going to be a very difficult addiction to stop. Just because it isn't cigarettes doesn't make it easy.

I would worry a lot less about the nicotine content and a lot more about the awful tar and shit that you are coating your lungs with.

Because of this, I would get an E-Cig kit with high levels of nicotine, clean the shit out of your bong with ISO, and then take bong rips of the E-cig. This will give you the exact same nicotine high, and while you will miss the harsh hits, the addiction will fade over time. Then you start to lower the levels of nicotine in the E-Cig, and eventually make the jump to entirely free of nicotine. That could take as long as a year, but you need to stop putting tobacco in your lungs if you care about your pulmonary health.

Your E-cig can double as a battery for a concentrate atomizer, which you can also rip out of the bong. Taking huge rips of wax followed by huge hits of nicotine vapor should get you where you want to be way more effectively than weed and tobacco, and WAY more safely. If you have a nail you can just use the concentrates like that.

I meant budder like the extract not cannnabutter. I appreciate the advice though I tried a vape before but I wasn't dabbing. Maybe it'll work this time. I also got an enail and I love it. I wouldn't use this black oil on it just the banger.

Mark,

Mark

John Brown
I conquered smoking 50/50 for 18 plus years by changing up to combusting 100% green for 18 months, then on to vaping. Unfortunately the 50/50 mix is the norm here in Australia. I've been vaping for about 18 months now :sherlock: and regret not doing it sooner. Good luck with the tobacco quitting thing :) it was pretty rough for me:evil::bang:
Vaping never did it for me but vaping these extracts on my enail is so much better.

10 years now and the hardest part is stopping the tobacco use. Thank God I don't have the other associations with it other then smoking weed. Like I never actually smoke cigarettes.

I have the yocan torch. Anyone know what I should run it at if I use my mod? It is 200w but the battery on the torch has no wattage control.

Also this feels like smoking. Is "dabbing" really vapor and not smoke? Even if I use my enail which is just a quartz coil and the same as a vape I still feel like it's smoke.

Mark,
Top Bottom