Idea for the ultimate vaporizer and a complete end to combustion.

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
I do not foresee rosin pressing to be miniaturized anymore by any huge degree any time soon.
Science prevents it.

Pretty much this x1000

Not only that but if you take a bit of time to survey the landscape of dabbing/vape/cannabis equipment in general, there are very few (if any because i can not name 1) products on the market that have whatever they do, down cold and do it very well with out issues (any product i can think of can be shredded apart with nit piks or "they shouldas" ESPECIALLY when it comes to portables) I mean just look at all the "on demand 100% convection vape" talk for yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaarrrrrrrrssssss. Would it be cool......maybe, if you love rosin something fierce i guess, but I still do not see someone being able to combine several devices(again especially the press itself), in the form factor your talking about, with the performance you've got worked up in your mind.......ANY time soon.

Do not get me wrong I'm not trying to stifle chat or ideas or anything but I think your swinging a little too far for the fences on this one for this to be serious in anyway, especially the "all we need is a genius and a 3d printer" theory or that any mfg would be interested in the slightest about "micronizing" a rosin press for your pocket and if thats 1 of your primary, if not the primary hold up, then this thread is either gonna die real quick or end up like some of the other "dream vape" threads and go in circles.

I do genuinely love the enthusiasm about it though.

Bumping Spheda

I mean, a hair straightener and common C-clamp can achieve passable yields for some people and neither of those is really all that big. A modified/custom C-clap somehow attached to an impact drill (possibly also custom) could provide sufficient torque to pressurize your custom heat plates? Maybe? It'd be noisy af... no way around the impact driver tech, really, right? (vibration damped housing?) I'm thinking the voltage of the impact driver would have to be pretty high, too, so it'd be one serious battery for this thing. Super not efficient. Much better to process rosin in bulk, I would assume, unless heater plate tech is crazy efficient somehow, like large thermal slugs attached to heater plates in induction field, passing heat to plates via conduction.

Last edited:
Bumping Spheda,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Bumping Spheda

Custom stuff designed specific for your purposes could maaaybe be shrunk, or at the very least reconfigured to fit your function more, like the motor and chuck could be completely detached from the battery sled and other electronics.

Last edited:
Bumping Spheda,

Mookie0608

If there’s a vape that can beat smoking a potency I will def make the switch but until then sadly I have to smoke on my bad nights. I do enjoy my vapes but they just can’t match smokings pain relief or drowsiness even if it is from the bad shit.

won’t lie though vapes do feel better then a bowl or joint but bings and bubblers is as well. I been meaning to get an adaptor for my mighty but lately my pains been so bad smokings the only thing that that really eliminates it fully more so with a bong.

Mookie0608,

virtualpurple

If there’s a vape that can beat smoking a potency I will def make the switch but until then sadly I have to smoke on my bad nights. I do enjoy my vapes but they just can’t match smokings pain relief or drowsiness even if it is from the bad shit.

won’t lie though vapes do feel better then a bowl or joint but bings and bubblers is as well. I been meaning to get an adaptor for my mighty but lately my pains been so bad smokings the only thing that that really eliminates it fully more so with a bong.

Have you tried the supreme yet? I have a SV3 that I heat with an enail coil rather than a torch. It is a crushing vaporizer and though I don’t recall the last time I intentionally combusted through a bong, but I can tell you that the Supreme is a top their vape that extracts effortlessly. It is absurdly strong.

Last edited:
virtualpurple,

Mookie0608

No I don’t but me that’s getting to the point I rather grab a lighter and smoke a Joint. I don’t want to spend all this money and have all this crap just to get high. I been wanting to try a dynacap but easiest thing to say is I should not be holding a torch if You know what I mean.

I need to get more bud though too. Stuff I have now gets me stoned just idk I’m stoned but at same time it’s like u can’t get much higher and it does not work as good. Smoke it for 2-3 nights and after that just not the same plus makes me talk to damn much and causes a lot of chest pain that I think is from anxiety. Smoke enough if it feels like I have weights in my chest and more I try getting up more right it feels and hurts and hard to breath.

unless I got a bad batch from dispensary and it’s all chemical I’m smoking/vaping because it’s not perfectly white as the joints I roll burn. More black than anything. Can’t think of the term people use for that nice even white color.

Mookie0608,

icloud

Cured ? Not properly cured or dried bud will burn to a black ash due to moisture content. Have you tried preparing your herb to eat and gaining relief from edibles ? An edible topped up with a vape does the trick for me without the need to smoke.

uncanni

I'm after perfection, just to do justice to the herb, and I think more are like me on this forum as well.
I've been using the sticky brick and have been enjoying it, but the learning curve to master this thing is too high for the amount of people it'll draw in, it needs to be simpler is all I really think about.
Let's get everyone's creativity going, especially if anyone reading this has any input, I'd love to get a good discussion on this topic.

I currently alternate between the Pax3 and the MV1. I'm also still on a quest to find the best vaporizer for me. The MV1 is a magnificent machine in my opinion, but I find myself turning to the Pax more lately because the MV1 is definitely a bit complicated to use.
Pros: Excellent, outstanding extraction and flavor. Top notch. Pax3 can't hold a candle to the flavor extracted by the MV1.
Cons: Batteries are expensive and don't last as long as Ghost says they do.
Loading and cleaning the crucibles can get tiresome.
I have to grind the bud to use it in the MV1, which I don't have to for the Pax3.

Here are the components of my ideal vaporizer:
  1. Ability to vape a bit of bud that doesn't have to be ground, and ability to use more or less bud. Pax 3 has both these abilities, and can comfortably get 3 people high with max bud amount. I can do this twice, but then I like to charge it up.
  2. Top notch extraction and flavor, like MV1.
  3. Efficiency like MV1: amazing how high you can get on 1/10th gm.
  4. Lifetime warranty on battery, like Pax3. I wouldn't mind if it were plug-in. I had a Storz & Bickel Plenty (plug-in); it just wasn't anywhere near as efficient as the two vapes I use now.
  5. Fast and easy to clean, like Pax3.
  6. Set my own temperature, like MV1.
  7. Ability to sip or take long rips, like Pax3. You can't sip on an MV1 at all and get a cloud of vapor.
I don't mind complicated: I had to do some research on the MV1 from various sources because Ghost's info was sketchy, and I didn't want to have to listen to their videos over and over. A serious machine should be taken seriously, so keep it away from milennials who love to break their phones.

Nok21

I know you rosin lovers folk pretend everything is in the trichomes, but I still think there is stuff inside the flowers that is desirable for taste (i.e. I don't find concentrates do taste the same as flowers)

Also even if taste was exactly the same, using concentrates yields a shorter session, as well... the actives are concentrated right? It's not an issue for most North Americans who tend on average to enjoy killing their bowls in very few rips, but it's not something I like for instance. I love the taste and I want my session to last 10 to 15 minutes, like my joints did back then.

When I combusted I also found that the American way of consuming the herb in glassware was not satisfying to me, with sessions that were super short and constantly having to light the bowl as it extinguished itself (unless you killed it fast in a few rips that is) I much preferred the European way of rolling joints, yes that's awful with tobacco mixed in, but at least you could pass them around, they lasted a long time and you didn't have to constantly re-light them on.

So different strokes, all of that to say that your proposal wouldn't probably be ultimate for everyone.

American here, this is how I like my joints too- with A little pipe/organic and chemical free tobacco rolled in with the bud.

In the states I’ve been in we call this style a “Spliff”. Herb to Tobbacco ratio is usually 40/60 or 50/50 & we would use pipe tobacco and organic cigarettes without -any- additives but pipe tobbacco seemed much smoother.

Maxxx Stone

Let's make this a growing bed for what I believe will be the ultimate device to extract the medicinal substances of the cannabis plant.

This is a place to share ideas, let me start.

What we're all after is a device that extracts rosin from bud and then acts like a traditional vaporizer, to deliver the honey to your lungs.

We are now going into the era of rosin extraction at home, which is a new way (And the best really) of processing cannabis bud into human consumption.

Now all it will take is for someone to "micronize" the rosin press into a device that fits on a desktop, then eventually into our pockets. If there is a manufacturer reading this, your best spent money on research is how to get a rosin press into a small form, and eventually combining that with a traditional vaping delivery system.

This is the killer app for the ENTIRE vaping industry, and probably why we've gathered here on this forum, we are looking for perfection in a world where everything is scattered.

I have always thought the techies should try a heated oxygen free gas such as nitrogen as opposed to air. Is rosin pressing really part of a vaporizer?

For me a vapcap vong and a glass weed style bong are as powerful and about the same efficiency as one hit bong. I don't think anybody has ever beat the brass one hit bat for efficiency. vaping does have as powerful effect for me, however that is with a butane Vape and running it a little bit on the hot side I noticed a slight difference and there is a very slight stacking effect of smoking and vaping but very slight. I have a battery Vape but don't use it never tried one that worked well enough to consider really.
I do roast dark

Last edited by a moderator:
Maxxx Stone,
Top Bottom