Ice hash ?

MinnBobber

For making ice hash, is it practical for small starting amounts?
Do you need to do pounds or is something like 4 oz doable?

What do you recommend for a good YouTube ice hash video?
Thanks

btka

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL668WdsJxoe0E6kgjt7tqId32EN3u9jEk

4oz should be enough...

I recommend you to buy good bubblebags... there are huge differences quality wise... cheap ones the filter screens are not good... worst plastic coating of bags flake from bag (this happens with cheap chinese bags they are using cheap fabric with less thread count and therefore coat with plastic - which stinks also chemical)

I would recommend this:

https://www.bubblebag.com/

https://pollinator.nl/

I read you are searching for cbd ice hash... I want to remind you if you not living in a legal place... when you have on flower 10 %cbd and 0.3% thc you are concentrating with this method and at the end you will get ice hash with lets say 20%cbd and 1%thc which is above the normal > 0.3 % thc which is legal... I think that is why ice hash is not sold...

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
For making ice hash, is it practical for small starting amounts?

Not really. Honestly you're better off to just press flower if you aren't swimming in starting material. Keep in mind that bubble hash was originally a way for growers to get a little something extra back from their "worthless" trim. Now a days with the big concentrate boom, nobody is giving away trim anymore, so it's hard to get the right starting material to make bubble unless you grow yourself.

I love water hash, but I'd recommend building up more confidence pressing flower first. For example you can do a small 1-4g test press with flower to get a ball park on returns, with bubble, once you soak that plant there's no going back. The bubble hash process takes practice to really figure out what's going on, it's just not cost effective if you don't have material you can sacrifice towards experimenting with.

chris 71

I just made some nice bubble hash. i have a 4 bag set , but end up just mixing it all together or just using 2 bags for a more full spectrum hash .

Last year i grew 2 plants and did fresh frozen with the whole crop. i did weigh it all before i ran it . but can remember exactly what it was .

i ended up with about 22 grams of nice hash from i would guess about what would have been 5 or 6 onces of bud and sugar leaf dried .

This year i just finished up a grow were i just used the sugar leaf fresh frozen weight was 500 grams . I got 11 grams of nice bubble

I would say it was about the same size grow this year but as well as the 11 grams of bubble i also got 5 ounces of premium buds dried .

So yes you can for sure make bubble hash without having pounds to work with but its not really worth it to run buds unless you really just love hash

MinnBobber

One main reason I want CBD ice hash is It squishes into rosin with less pressure and lower temp vs flower squishes.
I also want a cbd product that can be easily squished with a hand press, especially the Rosin Tech Go.
I’d like to enable folks to have fresh squeezed rosin .

The Rosin Tech Go, IMO, can be a little underpowered for flower.
GO owners: will a little more time under pressure help make up for a low pressure max?

Another reason I am thinking of ice hash as a step is that I really want to experiment with CBDA and ice hash should be maximum CBDA as no heat to de carb it!!! Maybe even use ice hash as easily dosed edible ?

Trying to have a CBD/ CBDA option for our MN medical patients vs our obscenely priced state programs.

Edit: after a very small scale ice hash extraction, any goodies left in the bio mass?? No massive equipment/ a hand operation

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I also want a cbd product that can be easily squished with a hand press, especially the Rosin Tech Go.
I’d like to enable folks to have fresh squeezed rosin .

Wouldnt it be better to just press it out yourself on your full blown Dabpress for folks if you're also supplying the ice hash?

Have you considered dry sift or cold tumbling instead? You could fill capsules with that as is for acidic cannabinoids, way less work. And nothing gets wet so no drying, you could even do an alcohol tincture or water hash afterwards lol.

invertedisdead,

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Not really. Honestly you're better off to just press flower if you aren't swimming in starting material. Keep in mind that bubble hash was originally a way for growers to get a little something extra back from their "worthless" trim.

I would love to try this type of hash again. It's been 30 years since I last had this type of hash while visiting Amsterdam. I had reviewed the ice hash techniques and decided that it would be too risky for me. By that time I had already thrown away a 1/2 oz of good herb while trying to make Qwiso.

As @invertedisdead mentions in another post, maybe consider a kief extraction using dry ice and sifting? It looked like a safer bet at maintaining the Law of Conservation of Weed. If you wanted, you could then load some sift in a 37 um bag and press some nice rosin.

I have gotten some nice yields just pressing CBD flower from Cascadia Blooms. Better yields than what I usually get from regular :freak: buds.

MinnBobber

Hmmm, dry ice and sifting is interesting.

If one took the same starting cbd 22% product, for example, how would ice hash yield and dry sift hash yield compare??

I assume dry sift hash would also need less press pressure if making into rosin??

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
It looked like a safer bet at maintaining the Law of Conservation of Weed. .

:rofl::rockon:

Hmmm, dry ice and sifting is interesting.

If one took the same starting cbd 22% product, for example, how would ice hash yield and dry sift hash yield compare??

I assume dry sift hash would also need less press pressure if making into rosin??

It's hard to guess yield with dry sift as it depends on what quality you're going for, some people sift so long it basically turns into ground herb and not really hash. If you're going for yields, gram for gram, pressing flower is going to be hard to compete with. If made right. The hash rosin will be better quality though IMO. Remember there's technique involved in all of these processes, I wouldn't expect to get best case scenario yields for a while; these are all art forms, some of it practiced for thousands of years. Keep in mind 5% yield is considered good with fresh frozen bubble hash.

I wouldn't necessarily do dry ice for sifting though, never had good luck with it, its so easy to create lots of contaminant with the dry ice method. I've seen some good looking results online but haven't been able to achieve it myself. Instead I would deep freeze the starting material and then tumble in something like a pollinator. Some people just load the frozen herbs in a bubble bag and shake it for a minute, using the bag as a sieve to dry sift. I'm gonna run some trim this way soon cause I've been dying to test this method out.

As long as it's decent sift and not just pulverized flower it will express with less pressure.

Top Bottom