IBS, probiotics, and salt flushes.

mephisto

I wanted to post my challenges with some kind of gastro related nightmare. I will try and speak metaphorically
just to tame the details a bit.

So, I typically take a probiotic daily. It helps with my digestion and elimination. I also take several/many other
supplements, and digestive enzymes when eating spicy or heavy meals. Well its been about 2 weeks, and I still have not seen any sign of most of the solid things I have eaten. My stomach is tight and the whole length of the disposal system is clogged. From time to time, I will pass some water and fiber. I am convinced that there is a tennis ball, block of cheese, 3 nickles, and some gum from jr. high stopping the boys in shipping from getting their work done. I have used a salt flush in the past to help relieve the heaviness and bloating. This will cause a mass exodus of all of the inhabitants of your colon. Usually I eat an apple towards the afternoon and that gets the boys back to work sometimes as well. Trouble is....this evening I slammed down the 32oz. salt water flush and...................................I got nothin' literally. I use good quality Himalayan pink salt and I have never failed to break the strike, so to speak. Now I have the aforementioned couch cushion stuffed in my guts, with a salt Big Gulp laying on top of it. Between stroking out from the sodium, and passing out from overpacking, I don't know what to do next. Any response is welcome, aside from the obvious that I am full of shit.

Thanks FC!

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
Sorry to hear about your health woes @abracadaver.
I'm afraid I don't have any much experience with your situation, other than to say if your stroking and passing out than a doctor visit might be a good idea?

I wonder if @Alexis might have some knowledge/advice for you.

Sorry I can't be more help, I hope things get moving for you soon. Gut problems are no fun in the slightest. :(

sd401k

Your symptoms are identical to mine. Hang on tight, this was not good news when my gastroenterologist told me what he saw when he shoved that freaking camera down my throat and then up my butt. Hopefully in that order. Turns out I have a bad case of celiac disease. Unfortunately my intestines never have come back to life but I have found some relief with the use of CBD flower. I went from poohing once a month to poohing 2 times each week. Still full of pooh but not in intense pain anymore. For a few years I literally lived by drinking those meal replacement drinks. Now I'm back to eating low fat solid food for at least one meal everyday. I feel your pain. Give some CBD bud a try, vape it around 380 degrees Fahrenheit and give it a few days. You'll be amazed what comes out, quite disgusting and stinky, have a plunger handy. I plug up every toilet I use these days. I pray that you find some relief, I was about to to something drastic but I have adopted a gluten free low fat diet and with the CBD, have finally done what my doctor couldn't.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Damn.. You looked into colon therapy ? I've heard they found a barbie shoe inside some poor guys stomach and also some candy foil from his childhood with the labels almost intact.

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: GetLeft

virtualpurple

@abracadaver a few things you could try.

None of this is direct medical advice, these are suggestions that have either personally worked for me or have a long history of benefiting patients in my line of work.

from my personal experience, if you have a good blender try a Kale Shake. I have an old vita mix and would recommend one orca blendtec in a heartbeat but I have heard that for those on a budget that the ninja blenders do an okay job as well.

1 salad size handful of kale
1 cucumber
4 stalks of celery
1/2 a beet
A few tablespoons of mct oil (you can also use coconut oil if you can’t find mct oil)
16 ounces coconut water

- this is mostly lifted from a recipe that Joe Rogan made popular years ago. He also recommends adding 3-4 cloves of garlic and about a thumb sized chunk of ginger, but just what I posted above can be a tough sell and rough to get down. If it’s too tough on your tastebuds throw in some pineapple or an apples.

Side note - I don’t know if you remember the Kevin James movie Here Comes The Boom, these shakes were part of his daily routine and helped him drop 70 pounds.

it is worthwhile to try as a non pharmaceutical solution, and if you take these under normal circumstances you will feel incredible about an hour after drinking this healthy sludge. You will also have a monstrous vowel movement. There’s a pretty good chance this will release the kraken for you, along with that tennis ball.

now, from my professional experience:

One of the docs I would work with would swear by a coffee enema when circumstances were bad enough. Or a fleets enema. Most people resist the enema as long as they can, but when they achieve the desired outcome they don’t tend to complain.

1 last suggestion - go to your local pharmacy and buy a bottle of magnesium citrate solution. It’s usually lemon-lime or grape flavored, and it’s not expensive, and the bottle isn’t real big, maybe 10 ounces. When we gave it in the ER we usually recommended drinking half the bottle and waiting about 45 minutes, then drinking the other half if you haven’t had success.

Miralax also works wonders for a lot of people, and is a bit gentler than the mag citrate and the enema solution, so really the order should be reversed in terms of the pharmaceutical solutions.

Side note - how strong is your probiotic? One you have to store in the fridge with cultures at least into the billions? The best that I have ever used personally for a bad ulcerative colitis flare is VSL #3. I had to purchase from Amazon and it was quite pricey, but it was worth it for when I needed it.

there are some things you can try to promote a healthier microbiome in your gut.

also @Abysmal Vapor, I may be incorrect but I’m pretty sure stomach will take care of aluminum foil.

one last note for anyone considering any sort of colon therapy that involves colonic irrigation - don’t. Don’t even consider it. That is total quackery with zero medical science to support it. It is right up there with those foot soaks people claim to draw toxins out of your feet. It can also cause rectal perforation, bowel perforation, bacterial infection, electrolyte imbalances, heart failure, and a slew of other nasty problems.

and in all but a few states there is no actual training or certification required, so anyone from off the street can fill out an application and go right into shooting gallons of water up your butt without any basic medical knowledge or training.

Last edited:

Alexis

I wanted to post my challenges with some kind of gastro related nightmare. I will try and speak metaphorically
just to tame the details a bit.

So, I typically take a probiotic daily. It helps with my digestion and elimination. I also take several/many other
supplements, and digestive enzymes when eating spicy or heavy meals. Well its been about 2 weeks, and I still have not seen any sign of most of the solid things I have eaten. My stomach is tight and the whole length of the disposal system is clogged. From time to time, I will pass some water and fiber. I am convinced that there is a tennis ball, block of cheese, 3 nickles, and some gum from jr. high stopping the boys in shipping from getting their work done. I have used a salt flush in the past to help relieve the heaviness and bloating. This will cause a mass exodus of all of the inhabitants of your colon. Usually I eat an apple towards the afternoon and that gets the boys back to work sometimes as well. Trouble is....this evening I slammed down the 32oz. salt water flush and...................................I got nothin' literally. I use good quality Himalayan pink salt and I have never failed to break the strike, so to speak. Now I have the aforementioned couch cushion stuffed in my guts, with a salt Big Gulp laying on top of it. Between stroking out from the sodium, and passing out from overpacking, I don't know what to do next. Any response is welcome, aside from the obvious that I am full of shit.

Thanks FC!
Hey my good friend. Sorry for this current "inconveninece" lol. Im sure it is much more of a suffering than you are letting on, and I know you go through the mill with your "grains" (Im not meaning to be insensitive or cocky bro, just freely expressing have had tough tough timees myself recently and stress has overcome me, so just trying to let my hair down and joke a little in any situation.

I have had the severest constipation and digestive blockages to deal with myself. Now not many people are aware of this but serious constipation and blockage issues can occur when a certain part of our colon malfunctions due to some type of irritation or allergic reaction.

It happened to me recently when I took kratom every time I take kratom it causes the valves in my colon to malfunction they are basically like taps which can be turned off and prevent things moving through there is one on the right called the ileocecal valve which is better known and there is also a valve on the left at the bottom of the colon practically just above the waist.

Years ago I had some recurring issues with these valves annoyingly closing themselves and preventing the majority of waste from being able to make it through until it was forced through in diarrhea form long overdue.

I did not have any problems with my valves for several years although I did have to completely abandon drinking peppermint tea in about 2014 after I took some peppermint essential oil internally which irritated my valves at the time and sensitized them to peppermint so that the peppermint tea would cause my valves to tighten up leading to constipation and a weekenad chi and digestive potential as a result..

It's a horrible situation to be in really because it only gets worse until you can get those vowels to open and things flowing again.

I used to visit my chiropractor who practices the Chinese system of "total body modification" or TBM for short.

It's amazing legitimate stuff which everybody should know about and have access to regularly in the ideal non corrupt pharmaceutical elitist rule Judge Dredd world we are living in, where the genuinely amazing and beneficial alternative therapies are suppressed and certainly not encouraged or offered.

Anyway visiting my chiropractor for a TBM treatment would always resolve the issue and get the valves open again but you would still have two or three especially uncomfortable days as your system would slowly clear itself of the backlog.

So it is possible that you have caused some type of irritation to one of your valves and this is preventing things from moving through just something to consider.

That may not be the case but if so should you be able to access treatment from a chiropractor who uses the TBM system they would certainly be able to diagnose and help even if there is a completely different issue I can guarantee they would be able to help you with it and possibly find the root cause there and then and fix it with several acupressure points taps over your spine it really works I promise you and it's not quackery.

That may not be easy or possible for you I realise in which case I would very strongly suggest acupuncture treatment as something which could radically help to improve the situation I would aim for two treatments if possible in two weeks to really get things rolling and resolve whatever blockage has occurred as well as many additional benefits and a general boost in health and vitality.

I make these suggestions first and foremost in case there really is a valve issue which you could address with treatment but otherwise I will simply going to suggest an amazing product for clearing the digestive system and literally getting you out of jail when you have really stuff yourself up with improper eating and blockage.

It is called "colosan powder". It's basically a form of magnesium oxide which works similarly to a laxative but not with the laxative downsides colosan powder releases masses of oxygen in the intestines which has lots of benefits but in particular it breaks down everything undigested into individual components and water so that you actually absorb the nutrients and and the wastage is flushed out sometimes in a very dramatic and sudden and thorough fashion.

Depending on how much and how frequently you dose and to the extent of the blockage and backlog you may want to be near to a toilet for the initial period.

But honestly I have never known anything supplements wise in my life to be more of a rapid lifesaver when you are really suffering with digestive upset from undigested food or general blockage.

I cannot tolerate the colosan powder myself like virtually all amazing supplements and remedies I have tried over the years. The thing is you need to chase it up with lemon juice or lime juice or apple cider vinegar. I can't tolerate any of those items in the least otherwise I would be using colours and regularly because I suffer from frequent digestive upset and undigested food and intestinal blockage.

Something you could possibly look into though but if your valves are playing up you will not get as immediate and comfortable relief as you might otherwise so keep that in mind as well in case you can access some acupuncture which would massively help with that particular problem.

OK mate that's all I had to share sorry I can't give more helpful advice really hope you start to feel better soon and get to the bottom of this.

Alexis,

mephisto

Good Morning, and a tremendous Thank You to each of you who took the time to respond.
@virtualpurple I really appreciate your advice. I drank the whole bottle of Mg. citrate Sat. evening and it
was not as moving as I had hoped. Passed some more fluid, but no solids. I drank the kale shake you recommended yesterday and it was not bad. Still no real strike breaker. @Alexis, hello my friend, I believe your statement about kratom is the exact cause of my shutdown. I have been using small amounts to combat my migraines. I had noticed a slight dehydration after kratom, but I was only using 3 grams, with a pinch of extract as well. I am finished with Kratom for good. There are several yoga positions that I am using to try and loosen the knots. @sd401k I also consumed a giant bowl of Blueberry pie CBD flower this morning
before work. I did cut a nice fart to greet the morning, and it was just a fart....(rare for me...). I also started
taking a different probiotic yesterday. The only other change I could say might contribute is the tea pouches that I like to use during my day. They are small, like snuff pouches. They contain green tea, rhodiola, peppermint or spearmint and glycerine. Great for a dip like experience without tobacco. @Alexis I also have to wonder if the essential oils have some negative impact on those intestinal valves......

All of your responses have helped me avoid an emergency room visit. I believe I am on the mend. No solid food for a few days, just yogurt and those kale shakes. FC is such a kickass place.

I am very grateful to have contacts like you kind folks.
Have a great Monday!

Deleted Member 1643

To keep yourself regular, consider psyllium husks, which are completely natural and inexpensive. As a vegan for 40+ years, constipation has rarely (never?) been a problem, but psyllium works both ways. It seems to be an ideal fiber source and is the basis of over-the-counter remedies. Adding it to massive whole-vegetable shakes was a remarkable improvement.

virtualpurple

@abracadaver im glad to hear you have been making some headway. As much free stuff as you’ve given out in this forum I am beyond happy that I was able to provide any help (although boy do I wish we had gotten you completely in the clear!).

I had forgotten a few things worth mentioning and trialing.

Any foods rich in pectin will be beneficial. Apples are a good source and contain a decent amount of fiber. The other neat thing about pectin is that it is beneficial for both constipation and diarrhea. Plus you can buy jars of the stuff to make things like jams or jellies.

chia seeds are another great source of fiber, and because they absorb more than 10 times their weight when soaked in water they create a gel basically that can really help soften up stools and make them easier to pass.

I imagine you could buy some pectin powder and mix it with chia seeds and the fluid of your own choosing (I would probably try sugar free jello as an experiment of sorts) and come up with a real dynamite combination.

I will mix chia seeds in with my drinks and shakes sometimes.

also, Navy beans may be a great dark horse, a cup of them is around 80% your daily fiber intake. So that is also quite noteworthy!

hope you continue to improve my man!

Azn2101

@abracadaver

Sorry If this is a long post but I think I know what your going through, especially since I had very similar symptoms and tried a lot of those same things to help pass what feel like immovable objects on some occasions that come out really hard then swinging the other direction and having...not diarrhea but loose stools that only keep form until they hit the water then basically disintegrate into the water.

TR;DR they just found out that the issue had nothing to do with my GI Tract but with my Sacrum having a divot or large crack combined with "Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction" and rheumatoid arthritis that inflamed all the muscles and tissue that surrounds and helps the GI tract do it's thing.

The SJD made every area that food would naturally follow it's course inflamed and give me the sensation of "almost" ready to go or like I really need to go but when I went to go sit, the sensation/feeling might still be there but then nothing will feel like it's ready to come out. This would go on for anywhere from a few days to a week while taking laxatives like Metamucil or Docolax along with a Probiotic/Prebiotic supplement and a Vegetable Pill at night with a Fruit Smoothie with Vegetable Protein powder and that still didn't stop the feeling that there was an area that felt like it had shut down in my intestines if that makes sense.

------

On Jan 13th of '18 I got C. Diff and after that bout I was left with extreme back pain and fecal inconsistency along with mild Anal Leakage of clear Large intistine fluid but before they could really get into in-depth testing like a Colonoscopy I caught another bout of C. Diff less than 2 1/2 months after the first.

From there they just assumed whatever GI issues I had were directly linked to the after effects of the C. Diff which can last for a few months after each bout so we went down the Gastrointestinal road and did a Colonoscopy and biopsies on the hemorrhoids with nothing conclusive that could explain why things weren't moving at all or all coming out at once. What they found strange though was that "going" itself wasn't a problem once material entered the anal cavity it was just the matter of getting it there without feeling like something was gonna burst inside me or in a manner that didn't cause pain/a level of discomfort that required anything from Gentle Laxatives to Enemas and Mag Citrate to empty what felt like...rocks or the food I ate was just snowballing into itself making something that would cause blockage enough to take some of the more severe methods to clean out but when it came out would be anything between super hard, large ones to diarrhea.

Skipping 9 months of trying this or that from homeopathic remedies to Yoga to larger doses of what I listed above and other meds they finally did an MRI as a last ditch attempt to find anything and they found a fairly large Divot in the Sacrum that after a few more tests were able to confirm it is a neurological disorder and the root of the Gastrointestinal issues.

I used to do Salt washes and anything that would pull water from outside the tract to inside but it eventually stopped working and that's when I made the switch to Magnesium Citrate but for some people I understand that isn't an option for other medical reasons so I'd check with a physician before making that an option but it became more of a "last ditch" type thing instead of a daily thing like the Salt water flushes that I did every evening.

I really hope this helps man, I'm still going through this myself so if it's anything similar I'm sorry you have to deal with this man.

Edit: Does it feel like you have hypersensitivity when anything starts moving in the bowls?

Last edited:

GetLeft

When my son was young he had constipation issues. His dr. recommended miralax, which we blindly gave him for some time. From there, a string of years of motor tics that confounded us and which I researched morning noon and night until we managed to work our way through it. In my research I found that miralax was not necessarily risk free and may very well have been at the root of my son's tics. I'd avoid it. Natrual Calm is a magnesium product (not mag citrate) that we swapped to and which we found to be not only safe but effective. Eventually we found a powerful vitamin that was mostly magnesium with some sulfate and the standard antioxicidants voila winning combination. So magnesium, yes; miralax no. Magnesium's good for purging crap from your body. Have you done Epsom salt (= magnesium sulfate) soaks? Another winner for detoxing. Hoping for your improvement.

GetLeft,
Reactions: Azn2101

Azn2101

When my son was young he had constipation issues. His dr. recommended miralax, which we blindly gave him for some time. From there, a string of years of motor tics that confounded us and which I researched morning noon and night until we managed to work our way through it. In my research I found that miralax was not necessarily risk free and may very well have been at the root of my son's tics. I'd avoid it.

Oh man dude I'm sorry. That's definitely something I need to look into as I take it once per day just to keep the pipes moving.

On another note I just got done with a 4 day stand of the thread topic and Mag Citrate'ed out at @virtualpurple 5oz recommendation since the standard size is 10oz and it worked without completely breaking down everything to the point of looking like a dirty bomb blew out in the toilet.

I forgot to mention a really important aspect though, I'm on 40.5mg of Methadone 2x a day since I'm an addiction risk for conventional pain meds so everything is going to process and breakdown slower in my body. That being said I asked my Neurologist if Dabs/Gaping "Could" have anything to do with the issue of fecal matter not passing thru and his response was to the tune of Most likely no but he explained a common combination for this feeling iis, if you have no pain or discomfort after emptying or being ok until you ate "too full" and start feeling like whatever just isn't going around specifically what most people imagine as the bends (sides) of your GI system and feel thats where the poop gets stuck is very often from the muscles surrounding Sacroiliac Joints tightening and not allowing the hips to expand into a position that's easier for large things to come out the back end, very similar to woman and birth. That combined with any sort of mild to severe inflammation will create a very similar sensation to "Blockage" and doesn't need a disease or huge medical issue like me. All it takes is...a hard chunk of food to go thru the Pyloric Sphincter for inflammation to flair up and by the time it gets to the area that lets us know we might need to drop the kids off at the pool sometime soon that we begin to feel that discomfort cause that's where majority of nerve endings are.

Any progress @abracadaver ?

mephisto

To all who have contributed to this thread, Thank you very much. @Azn2101 I have rounded the bend, excuse the pun. @Alexis shared his information about the effects that Kratom was having on the
"valves" of the small intestine. I started a daily routine of working to relax the lower iliac valve manually
through moderate direct pressure. The point is easily located, albeit rather sensitive if you are not regular with the "BM's". I stopped taking the probiotics and located an awesome herbalist that sells a tincture of ginger and artichoke heart. This helped calm everything down. I started eating Sauerkraut a few times a day to promote good intestinal flora. This provides some bulk/fiber as well. After the tincture ran out, I began taking an Ayurvedic supplement called Tryphalla. It is used to promote bowel motility, and it does a good job. I have eliminated nuts from my diet. Too hard to digest, and too difficult for me to eat them slowly and chew them well. Finally, I did not stop using Kratom. I located a different vendor and after 3 separate
occasions, I have not found the Kratom to cause the lockdown as it has in the past. I also found a different brand of Turmeric that is combined with ginger and astragalus. It really helps with the overall inflammation.
So I hope there is some helpful info in this response. Again, my deepest thanks for all of the suggestions.
FC is a priceless resource well beyond Cannabis. Please be safe, and here's to proper elimination!

Azn2101

To all who have contributed to this thread, Thank you very much. @Azn2101 I have rounded the bend, excuse the pun. @Alexis shared his information about the effects that Kratom was having on the
"valves" of the small intestine. I started a daily routine of working to relax the lower iliac valve manually
through moderate direct pressure. The point is easily located, albeit rather sensitive if you are not regular with the "BM's". I stopped taking the probiotics and located an awesome herbalist that sells a tincture of ginger and artichoke heart. This helped calm everything down. I started eating Sauerkraut a few times a day to promote good intestinal flora. This provides some bulk/fiber as well. After the tincture ran out, I began taking an Ayurvedic supplement called Tryphalla. It is used to promote bowel motility, and it does a good job. I have eliminated nuts from my diet. Too hard to digest, and too difficult for me to eat them slowly and chew them well. Finally, I did not stop using Kratom. I located a different vendor and after 3 separate
occasions, I have not found the Kratom to cause the lockdown as it has in the past. I also found a different brand of Turmeric that is combined with ginger and astragalus. It really helps with the overall inflammation.
So I hope there is some helpful info in this response. Again, my deepest thanks for all of the suggestions.
FC is a priceless resource well beyond Cannabis. Please be safe, and here's to proper elimination!

Hell ya man, I'm glad things are perking up!

And isn't it so relieving to know our habits aren't the cause of these issues =D.

Turmeric! Oh my gosh I totally forgot how helpful that stuff is when used in tea or a smoothie, Etc. My Uncle who"s not so much against "western medicine" as he is about Chinese health care and to be honest looking back all the things he would try worked for my bowels in making them really...easy to come out but my hips/back just wasn't gonna let material thru the pipes.

I'm glad you were able to find some solace in this man, I thought I'd go to my grave saying "Tooth and back pain are the worst!" But then dealing with this for 15 months and it's definitely topped any expectation I had of it's boundries of inflicting pain lol.

Again I'm glad everything is working itself out again, no Joke.

Azn2101,
Reactions: Alexis

Alexis

That's excellent news in general bro, thanks so much for sharing that with us.

Just on the nuts- how do you eat them? Plain raw? They are indigestible that way and weigh and wear on the digestive tract. Roasting, soaking/sprouting or both is necessary, just like with whole grains to break down the anti nutrient phytic acid which is an enzyme inhibitor which hinders absorption of nutrients.

That's really good as well to hear that you have been able to continue using kratom without it blocking you up. I would really like to try the kratom myself but I'm hesitant for this reason of course when my bowels are moving fairly really currently with the help of the kava.

Wheat bran is an amazing pebiotic too btw. One of the best. Prebiotic foods have been argued to be just as important if not more than probiotic intake. And the wheat bran is one of the best sources of fibre with additional nutrients.

Im well cained bro on Kava and herb edibles so I won't try and make any more sense lol but I just wanted to respond a little and say I'm really glad you're doing ok and thanksagain for sharing. Take care mate, stay pisitive.

Btw, can I ask which Kratom vendors you try now? Maybe I need to p.m. you for that?

Alexis,

Azn2101

Not to lead the thread off topic but I was wondering how about 2x use of Mag Citrate weekly (3x in 12 days) would effect my body other than possibly becoming dependent on it for Bowel movements and dehydration?

The Cortisone shots arent helping the pain anymore and that pain seems to keep me from being able to release the tightness and go so I've been having to Mag Citrate out every few days or just eat soup or non doughy things to avoid blockage.

Any advice would be helpful.

My current list of medications:

Morning- 40.5mg Methadone / 20mg Diazepam / 1x million+ Probiotic/Prebiotic/ Mens Health Vitamin (extra calcium brand for the methadone turning my bones to jelly) / 100mg 5-HTP to replace 20mg Lexipro

Afternoon- 5mg Valium / Home Physical therapy

Evening- 40.5mg Methadone / 5mg Diazepam / 200mg Vegetable Pill.

Azn2101,

virtualpurple

Not to lead the thread off topic but I was wondering how about 2x use of Mag Citrate weekly (3x in 12 days) would effect my body other than possibly becoming dependent on it for Bowel movements and dehydration?

The Cortisone shots arent helping the pain anymore and that pain seems to keep me from being able to release the tightness and go so I've been having to Mag Citrate out every few days or just eat soup or non doughy things to avoid blockage.

Any advice would be helpful.

My current list of medications:

Morning- 40.5mg Methadone / 20mg Diazepam / 1x million+ Probiotic/Prebiotic/ Mens Health Vitamin (extra calcium brand for the methadone turning my bones to jelly) / 100mg 5-HTP to replace 20mg Lexipro

Afternoon- 5mg Valium / Home Physical therapy

Evening- 40.5mg Methadone / 5mg Diazepam / 200mg Vegetable Pill.

Mag citrate is great for occasional use with constipation, but it is not something you want to take often. Taking it (and this goes for a lot of medications) too often will form a dependance and your body will begin to have more trouble having bowel movements without it. There’s also the potential to cause dehydration and electrolyte imbalances because it functions by pulling water into the intestines.

Using magnesium citrate too often can also cause decrease the absorption of some medications.

it is a great medication for occasional use, but I would not take it as often as you report for your recent use. I’m sorry, I know that probably isn’t pleasant news and it’s a very unfortunate effect of a few of the medications you’re taking.

Have you spoken with your providers about your issues with constipation? They may have suggestions for an alternative medication that would be more appropriate for more regular use, or they may have seen certain food combinations that have worked well for patients in the past.

If you haven’t given chia seeds a go you may find them helpful. They absorb quite a bit of water and form a gel of sorts. I often would take a few tablespoons of chia seeds and let them soak in a cup or so of water for about 15-20 minutes to let them fully bloom and either mix them into a smoothie/shake or sometimes just down it real quick.

You can also add them to yogurt or oatmeal or any other inherently moist food. Quite a few recipes for chia pudding on the internet as well.

I wish you well and hope to hear that you find some reliable relief soon.

virtualpurple,
Top Bottom