I have never vaporized before. Some questions..

Status
Not open for further replies.

wheezy_360gamer

Vapor Visionary
Its true.

I'm a virgin, when it comes to vaporizing.

I've been smoking about 8 years out of 23. I love herb. Where I come from it wasn't always the "quality of smoke", it was more about "Quanity." You could spend 25 bucks and get a decent amount 14g. Wich might last me 5-10 days depending on varibles. In my lifetime if I had to guess I've smoke the equivilent of an acre of farmland. Who knows maybe more. I've slowed recently my intake to about 1-3grams daily, medium or lower grade herb, by way of waterpipe. Being more health aware.

It's that time of year when I get bronchitis flare-ups and smoking is more of a nessecity, (to ease the sickness of coarse), than it is a joy. I love herb, but don't like being sick.

I have know about vaporizers for some time and only thought of it has a "novelty" type of experience. Recently i was looking at YouTube videos when i came across vaporizers, and a pipe even. Vaporgenie.

I started to take more of an intrest, considering the low price tag also. (I'm very cheap, unless i have my heart set on something) Its about what i would spend on other traditonal smoking devices. As it is I've had my cheapo plastic waterpipe about a year now and am defenitley needing something new. I hear lots of positive things about vaporizers. I also hear once you vape for awhile, you won't wanna smoke again.

I'm sold on that!

I stumbled across these forums soon after heavliy researching the web on vaporizors, about 2 weeks ago. I'm used to forums (video games) but these are different, thats for sure. You guys are all cool and prety knowledgeable. I feel like a "noob".

Ok so tommorrow Is payday and I'll be going online, without a doubt, and purchasing vaporgenie.

Question #1:
What seller to you recommend? Speed is more important than price, but i want the lowest price.
I see some sell for less, but probaly charge shipping. Some don't charge , but it cost 5 bucks more. Are they faster?

I'm comparing the Manufacture website, vaporgenie.com. And the Vaperstore.com

Question #2:
Vaporgenie, manufacture recommends a standard flame lighter. I've seen several sites recommend quite the opposite.
Flame or Jet? Wich is least likely to cause combustion?

Vaporgenie is just to get "my feet wet." Trying to turn others on to the concept 1st. I've already had discussions with others and they seem skeptic about not "burning". They're just afraid of change.
I a tad more concerned about long term health.

Question #3
If I find that vaporizing is for me, wich vaporizer (under $180), do you recommend? I really like the VaporBox. Classic and simple. Any others? Vaporbox.......ahh thats right, leads me to..........

Question #4
I've seen alot of the vaporizers that say "hands-free". Whats the difference? I'm not sure I understand the concept of "hands-free vaporizing."

After recieving my package in the mail in about a week from now, hopefully, I'll be testing it out with "top shelf material." But herb of that quality is not always in reach, i tend to normaly intake herb of a medium grade, sometimes lower. Its easier to come by and much "easier on the wallet"

Question #5 How well does Vaporgenie, and other vaporizers, consume Herb of "lower grade"? Is it worth the effort if thats all i could get, without robbing the cornerstore?

I appreciate any help or advice.

wheezy_360gamer,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Hola vapor virgin :wave:

As a fellow cannabis connoisseur I'm sure you'll be a vapor whore like us in no time. Short on time here so:

vaporgenie.com is in VA, not sure about vaporstore.com but max likes them so for sure they're a safe bet. Couldn't tell you which will be faster, but...

I think the general consensus is that jet flame lighters are harder to use due to the hotter temp. vaporgenie.com has some really nice refillable lighters that appear perfect for the VG. Nicest I've seen and pretty cheap.

Off the top of my vaporized brain...
Purple-Days
Vaporwarez
Da Buddha

'Hands free' means the wand(bowl) has a ground glass connection that plugs into the heater's matching connection. With a 'standard' wand you hold it up to the heater and it doesn't 'plug in'

Low grade bud is actually pretty decent in a vaporizer. Better than smoking it, judging from comments here.

Nice vids on your youtube page, I quite enjoy some cod4 (pc) + copious amounts of cannabis vapor. :tup:

Speaking of youtube here's a video with the ssv's standard wand setup. (First 10 seconds)

Take no prisoners, Comrade!

vtac,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Welcome, gamer! I'm sure you'll enjoy the Genie. If you haven't already, read the thread on this forum about it...there is a ton of info in there, including vtac's excellent tips that got me started on the right foot.

#2 -- I don't own a torch lighter but have used one with the Genie. I use a flame lighter due to cost, but I like it just as well as the torch anyhow. I recently got a refillable flame lighter that lights the flame at a 45 degree angle instead of straight up and i love it...no more burns!

#3 -- take a good, hard look at the Purple Days vaporizer (again, see the thread on this forum).

#5 -- due to supply, I mostly vape mid to low grade stuff, and get more out of it than smoking it. I nailed the Genie exclusively last night and it only took me three bowls (they are small bowls) for the whole night.

You will most likely love the Genie. I get fantastic hits off it and recommend it to everyone as a first time vaporizer. It is cheap and will get you started right while you take the time to research the best electric vape for you. Take your time and get it right, as the Genie will take care of you just fine in the meantime.

BTW, do you play any games online? My son and I get into Halo3 regularly.

stickstones,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Welcome to the forum -- it looks like these guys covered most of your questions, but if you have more -- just ask.

I just received my Exotic wood VaporGenie yesterday and I couldn't be happier. In fact, I have barely touched my VaporWarez in the past 48 hrs. Most likely because it's a new toy and so fun, but it really is a very effective vaporizer. Not to mention it feels good in your hand and delivers excellent hits.

If you take in the vape with an open mind and continuously without smoking, you realize how nasty smoking is, and soon, you may just have no more desire to hit that nasty plastic bong..... :brow: I use to be a bong enthusiast, but have owned a Vaporizer for about a year now... I haven't become 'smoke-free' however within the past few month or so... my rather large glass collection is now collecting dust. ;)

Happy Vaping. :)

SpiralArchitect,

max

Out to lunch
I'd buy from greatvape.com -$49.95 w/free priority mail. They're a good dealer.

They don't recommend a torch lighter but also say not to let the flame touch the filter, and that's a lot easier to do by accident with a regular lighter. A torch gives a clean burn, while a lighter leaves some soot. But a regular lighter is easier to use with the Genie. :uhoh:

As for another vape, of the home variety, I think every serious vaporist should have a Purple-Days :). The smooth, predictable hits would be a nice contrast to the sometimes heavy hitting Genie. Hands free too. :cool: If you're looking at the VaporBox check out the Vaporcannon deals on eBay and 7th Floor's DBV.

Read some threads (we got all the answers ;) ). Take your time and have fun figuring out which new toy to buy. :cheers:

max,

wheezy_360gamer

Vapor Visionary
max said:
I'd buy from greatvape.com -$49.95 w/free priority mail. They're a good dealer.
Read some threads (we got all the answers ;) ). Take your time and have fun figuring out which new toy to buy. :cheers:
Yeah I wish i had known that before hand. I went through Vaporstore and got the Bat colored one. $49 bucks. I figured it was just as good as manufacture price wise (Vapor store charged 5.95 regular shipping), but for 3 bucks extra to get priority. Oh well its only 3 bucks and i went for it.

Should be here by Monday, no later than Tuesday. Yea!
Also I got the suggested pack of screens for 2 bucks. Wich is good, cause the nearst place to find screens is gonna cost me more than 2 bucks to drive! I also threw in an acrylic grinder ( I know its a bad choice, but up until now I've been using fingers, and sometimes having to separate whole OZ, at mid quality or lower, compact shit.)

When I upgrade my Vaoprizer, I'll upgrade my grinder, possibly a 3 part system. Thanks for the suggestions, I'l defenitely research them all.

And i have been reading threads, trust me. I gotta say the more i read, the more "laid back" this place feels.
This is my 1st forum of this subject matter. I would have thought it be more strict, but its reasonable, maybe too good to belive sometimes.

Well i gotta say I've had a long night soon to be shortened. I gotta be up in 5 hours for work.
I waited awhile to get my Hygrade. Sorry I don't know what its called, its excellent though, its not often i know whats its called. Much better than the last couple times wich were disapointing.:(

Then i waited til about 9'0clock to download the Xbox 360 Call of Duty World at War BETA, just realesed. Since I'm an uber nerdy dude and a hardcore COD fan i got early access. I'm well known at the Xbox.com forums in the Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare section. (also WaW section) I know some high profile game developers through Blogs and Forums. I've only had HSI for a year and am sort of an "underground insider" within the Gaming community at Xbox and Developer sites. I'm only 1 of a handful of adults that frequent the sites. I have to deal with teenage guys, and sometimes prepubescents. Its a drag but I meet some cool people,some stoners. I have a handful of "fans", mostly kids, they like my Vids on You Tube.

I'm just a regular dude from Texas man. I've loved games all my life and MaryJane since i was a teen.
Thats pretty much my life. I never realized i was a game nerd till i got HSI.

Well sorry to take my thread off topic, I just thought I'd introduce myself abit more, and answer some questions about my gaming life. But also to thank you guys for your input, while updatng my situtaion. I'll be back to bump my thread with Vaporgenie stories. I'll be Busting my cherry soon. I want it deep inside me..... the vapor that is :lol:

Until then feel free to check my videos out at YouTube. All video game related (except for a cat video). Also some Guitar Hero stuff, I'm good for an adult that only used 3 FINGERS! Its just for fun. Look at some of my favorite videos too, some good stuff.
2 Hour long video on Aliens and the government (thats where all the $$ is thats missing IMO). And also watch A video titled How to Get the Best High smoking Weed. Its not whats its about, but if you watch it while high, you just might freak out like i did and watch more of that shit on the website provided in the video. I highly recommend getting high and watching all the videos on the realated website. If you like science vs. theology, and you like to "use your brain" you might find it intresting as hell.

wheezy_360gamer,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
LOVE the avatar, wheezy!

Don't buy anymore screens, as the Genie manufacturers will send you all the free screens and mouthpieces you need if you go to their website. I still don't know why I would need another mouthpiece, but they got my free screens to me within four or five days...and I didn't buy my unit directly from them...they don't care.

Help me out here...I don't know what HSI is. And I would love to check out your videos and stuff, but am too lazy and need links! ;)

I'm 40, have three kids, and my wife and I have been gaming since the beginning. My boy is pretty good at Halo 3 and I can hold my own sometimes, but my favorite game is the Rainbow Six series. A few years ago my wife and I had Rainbow Six 3 on two different XBOX's so we could play in clan matches together. I can't tell you how many nights we were up til 4am playing together...met some great people online there. Even one here in town that we had a few cookouts with!

Glad you're here, and please get me some links so I can check out your stuff!

stickstones,

wheezy_360gamer

Vapor Visionary
LOL silly. Were you baked during that?

The links are on the side next to my post that says "website." Under my avatar
It goes to my You Tube. You can browse from there, its pretty striaght forward.
HSI is just short for High Speed Internet.
ISP is Internet Serive Provider. They go hand in hand. I use 6.0 Mbps Att DSL. I found out they got faster now up to 10.0, when we signed up 6.0 was the fastest.

The faster the connection the more you can do, the better response you get in Online games. You get hosting privledges more often. Since I'm big on FPS's (1st person shooters) you want the best you can get. Up until a year ago I had dial-up. Can't do anything with that.

Oh and I just found out, Monday is Colombus Day :lol: USPS Holiday, Its gonna be Tuesday before I get the Genie. *crosses fingers*

Trippy You Tube Movie Read descpitions and click link to halos
UFO DISCLOSURE 2hrs. Supposedly lots of $$$ gets dumped in TOP SECRET UFO Projects
Much better when nice and Toasty! I get fascinated with stuff like this, its not everyones kinda thing. Other people would say boring. Or its all BS.

I don't make opinions on it, I just like to think. Very open minded.

wheezy_360gamer,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Thanks! And no, I wasn't ripped when I wrote that. However, that is a good assumption around here! :lol: Gotta make things easy for the stoned in this forum.

stickstones,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Stickstones, we should game it up man, I play XBL often.

Add me; Spiral Architek

Hope you enjoy the VG wheezy. ;) Let us know what you think in the VG thread once it arrives. :D

SpiralArchitect,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Cool shit. So what are your impressions of COD5 so far?

I've been blowin' heads off online since '99. Played the shit out of the original COD. Don't game as much these days but for FPS's it's all PC here. Just can't give up a 2000dpi mouse for a thumbstick when it comes to twitch reaction. ;) That said, I can definitely appreciate the advantages consoles have.

Some cod4 'pwnage' :D

What do you mean by 'Bat colored'? Baseball bat? Hope you get it soon.

P.S. Out of curiosity, what are you using to capture the 360 vids?

vtac,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
does COD4 have any specific video card requirements?

I've got a new, decent PC, but it doesn't have any name brand card in it. In fact, I bought BioShock for it when I first got it to see what it would do, but that game had specific vid card requirements that wouldn't work on my PC. I would love to get a good PC game, especially a FPS, but am not going through that mess again.

stickstones,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Yep, you definitely need a good video card and system in general to run cod4 or pretty much any recent pc game. It runs fine on 360 though. :) You should check it out if you haven't, same for Bioshock. They really should start adding native support for usb mice/keyboards into 360 fps's. Although, people using the normal controllers might not be too happy about that. ;)

Recommended requirements:
CPU: 2.4 GHz Dual Core or better
RAM: 1GB for XP and 2GB for Vista
HD: 8GB Free Space
GFX: 3.0 Shader Support, Nvidia Geforce 7800, ATI Radeon X1800 or better.

Minimum requirements:
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.4 GHz, AMD Athlon? 64 2800+ processor
or any 1.8Ghz Dual Core Processor or better.
RAM: 512MB RAM (768MB for Windows Vista)
HD: 8GB Free SPace
GFX: NVIDIA Geforce? 6600, ATI Radeon 9800Pro or better

Maybe we need a games forum. :p

Moving this to the lounge.

vtac,

Purple-Days

Games...
Programmed a tape drive Sinclair to play a couple of simple shooter / tank games. Damn I'm an oldie. :o

I had a TV hook-up Pong for two in the early days. :lol:

Got a Texas Instruments game console / Basic Language computer :rolleyes: and had a couple of game carts. One of them was the original Flight Simulator.* Terrible graphics and landing was a complete coin toss. :lol: But the tech side, learning the 'book' side of being a pilot was so cool.

Pammy was into Mario (Nintendo) when I met her and she got me hooked for a while. :/

Civilization (PS2 and later a PC version) was big in our house for a while.

Gran Tourismo on PS2 (an embarrassing number of miles/ hours behind that wheel)

Grand Theft Auto was fun for a while. But I'm not into 'fighting' and lost interest pretty quick.

* The only 'game' I play now is Flight Simulator (on PC). Extra planes and copters and add on freeware scenery that I use. Like a Bell Huey that is a challenge to land cleanly on Los Angeles rooftop heliports. Planes (commercial jets) are still fun but I prefer copters and sailplanes.

Purple-Days,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Damn vtac. That is some pwnage right there, 90-19. damn.

COD5 is out? World at War or whatever? Hrm... Prolly just a typo. I got COD4 for the 360 and am OK. I can be crazy at times....

I have a really nice computer (quad core 2.4 ghz, nvidia 8600GTS 512mb, 2 gig ram) but the only PC game I play is Dawn of War, a RTS game. I occasionally play WOW but it's been months since I last logged in TBH. Team Fortress on the PC is really nice too, I have to redownload it though.... shouldn't be a problem if anyone plays that game though. I love it. :D

I never got into Flight Simulators, but I should try and get a few hours under my belt so if I ever have to start piloting a plane for whatever reason, not everyone will crash into the mountains. I mean,,, you never know...

SpiralArchitect,

Purple-Days

Yeah, if nobody else spoke up, I would take the stick in an emergency. Funny, having flown the sim I fear flying more. I won't fly, matter of fact. No way. :lol:

Purple-Days,

wheezy_360gamer

Vapor Visionary
Okay guys, vaporgenie made it in Tuesday morning. I'm impressed with what this little guy can do.
I thought i might be able to pack the bowl a bit more, but its pretty much a one hitter, maybe 2, thats cool. Don't need much anyway, i just thought i could get a great big giant hit, but that aint happening.
I'm just used to big foggers from the waterpipe.

When i got mine, I think theres a small, but not scary imperfection, I could be wrong. Here goes.

In the bottom where the screen goes, do you have a piece of metal obstucting a clear shot at the wood? My first thought was, its there to keep the screen in place, but upon further inspection, it looks as though a piece of metal is attached where it should have been removed from when they threaded the bowl so it can screw.

Now it doesn't affect anything on how the pipe functions, Its just a bit annoying. I can only figure if it wasn't in the way, the screen might depress into the bottom of the bowl, making it to where i could pack a little more Herb.
Link to photo

Just tell me if it sound like i got something flawed, if it is oh well, its not anything to make a fuss over. It looks as though if careful i could remove it, but i don't want to risk it at this point. It will just be annoying when it come to cleaning.

Ok so far I've vaped about a gram or so today without any combustion, but I don't seem to be getting as big hits as a thought. Also I am not too sure if I'm finshed vaping it.
before
after

Well overall though I'm happy with it. I will try to use nothing but that for awhile.
Any tips are appreciated.

My Latest recorded Free-For-All on the Call of Duty World at War BETA, for your viewing pleasure

wheezy_360gamer,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Don't sweat that metal thing...it is in mine as well. It spins a little bit and I think you are right as to why it is there. At first it was an annoyance when cleaning, but otherwise you will not notice it.

Make sure you read the VG thread here, but I'm sure you have. Looks like your herb is appropriately spent. I usually get mine a little darker. I'm pretty good at mine and still get some blackening and a little popcorn taste towards the end, but that's because I like to get mine completely spent.

As of now, I can go through two bowls back-to-back and I am cooked! Probably go through four bowls in about three hours...it's pretty efficient.

stickstones,

max

Out to lunch
Ok so far I've vaped about a gram or so today without any combustion, but I don't seem to be getting as big hits as a thought. Also I am not too sure if I'm finshed vaping it.
before
after
Your first vaping experience, right? You'll have to experiment with it. Take some quick hits, where it seems like you're not getting any vapor at all. You'll probably find you're getting an effect (as in 'high') even though you can't see any vapor. Also take some long hits. Go ahead and blacken a bowl or two (as in 'overdoing it'). You need to find the high and low range with any vape. Unfortunately, it's more difficult with a butane vape, since you have to control both heat and airflow with every hit. Your pics are a little out of focus, so it's hard to tell the condition of the remains. They should be an overall brown though.

As for your preconception of hit size, all we can tell you is that the Genie can hit pretty damn big (Vaporstar too, which is what I mostly use in a butane vape). If it never meets your expectations for hit size, you'll have to lower them. I suspect that you'll get the hang of it though, and get the big hits you're looking for. ;)

I'll second stick's comment on the metal sticking out below the screen. It's supposed to be there, and probably is intended to keep the screen from getting pushed down.

max,

wheezy_360gamer

Vapor Visionary
Okay you guys, I've had about a whole week to play with the vapor genie. I didn't get as much playtime in before though till today. I went out and got some regular, mid potent herb to get some experimenting, but at a low cost, 25 for a half an O. Not bad either, has a spicy, almost a light minty flavor, very earthy.
I vaped two bowls in the genie. But it didn't end how i thought, although i learned a little cool trick to employ.

The 1st bowl I got some great vapor, I packed it real well. My grinder got a good workout. I'll need like a coffee grinder or something IDK? The 1st draw is always weak, i gotta get it started. My technique goes, I start off slow, and end up high. :lol: The air flow that is. I always find I must mix it all around after the second draw, to continue to a much more unpleasing 3rd. That was my technique thus far

I think I pinpointed my problem and found a solution. After the 1st inital draw of vapor, wich really isn't anything much, I took the top off to inspect the "damage" so far. I noticed how much more dry the herb became. I unloaded the bowl and further ground up the mix, got a little finer. Simple reaction, herb lost moisture. I started off for a second draw, and this was truely amazing, huge hit! :ko: I started coughing and feared combustion, but none occured. SO now before the 3rd i further inspected and noticed a good browning, but not quite done. I ground it up a bit more and back in, another smaller hit but pretty much spent.

I continued the technique of regrinding after each draw. 1st draw will just just dry it out, very little vapor. 2nd, after regrinding turns out to be massive. Upon inspection i noted a very deep browning. No combustion, just pure consumption. I went for a 3rd hit, but knowing it wasn't really worth the effort, wich ended up being true, very little, next no vapor was produced.

So after that I'm just waitng. And getting more medicated, time goes on, about 6 minutes, and i fired up another round. After that I was toast.

A third round wasn't at all nessesary, but hey, its Saturday :D
So I'm just sitting there, pretty much floating now and I get a little creative thinking. That happens sometimes, but this was the best idea yet, And some how the best ideas always come when I'm stoned. :lol:

I have in my cheap and old collection of pipes and spare parts, a standard brass bowl that fits a 4 dollar pipe, with the little rubber o-ring. Common knowledge, the cheap plastic, acrylic, waterpipe stems fit these bowls. I fit the vapor genie on a voila, vapor through the old waterpipe. I'm feeling at home now. Put a little water in and didn't work as I thought. I tried ice and that did it. Just a little tap water in the bottom to get a good melt going and pack about 6-7 cubes in, draw off all water.

Took me about 20 mintues to find and clean all that, while pretty stoned. The bowl was CAKED, with resins. Took me 15 minutes with 91% alcohol and 3 papertowls almost all covered in resins. So about 30 minutes passed inbetwwen the 3 bowls and now my "VaporGenie waterpipe Experiment". I still think its a success, and now I'm super thrilled about it. I'd take a pic, but my waterpipe's pretty nasty right now. And I won't find time to clean it this weekend. Maybe by next weekend I can have a nice clean pic to show. :D

Anyways, I won't know for sure how well the set up works, I can't really give it an unbaised judgement at the moment, for obvious reasons :lol:. Well the nights still young and I've got a beta to play, they just uped the level cap in Online MP. Lots of work to do, and I'm still very much in the mood.
C-ya

wheezy_360gamer,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Wheezy, have you read vtac's tips on using the Genie? They are in the first two pages of the Genie thread, I think. I highly recommend it.

stickstones,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom