• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

I a going to get evicted for pot smell

Dynanuts

I can't believe it has come to this, but I have to leave my old home and find an new apartment that allows pot smoking. Our state says it's legal, but apartment says can't smoke in the room (vaping isn't smoking, no compution) they won't never straight up tell me this is about marijana, it is always about "the smoke". My God I spent $200.00 in air purifier & various ordor elimnation carbon bags and using smoke buddy and always covering bong isn't enough I guesss. Oh I got this ADHD thing going so I often forget to put towel underneath the door (duh). This went on for quiet while (almost 2 mo) then got the letter, penanalty, and next breaking lease agreement meant evictioon.

If anyone walked into my room right now, all they smell is Fabrise clothline.

I know all you are Cannabis lovers. You alll smoke. How do you do it? Unless I am millionair and own an house there is no way to enjoy this plant. I mean reallly, what do you do? Are you always out on the walk with portable? Someone please share your story of how you ended up where you are. Please educate me on how to fiund 420 friednly housing

Tranquility

I can't believe it has come to this, but I have to leave my old home and find an new apartment that allows pot smoking. Our state says it's legal, but apartment says can't smoke in the room (vaping isn't smoking, no compution) they won't never straight up tell me this is about marijana, it is always about "the smoke". My God I spent $200.00 in air purifier & various ordor elimnation carbon bags and using smoke buddy and always covering bong isn't enough I guesss. Oh I got this ADHD thing going so I often forget to put towel underneath the door (duh). This went on for quiet while (almost 2 mo) then got the letter, penanalty, and next breaking lease agreement meant evictioon.

If anyone walked into my room right now, all they smell is Fabrise clothline.

I know all you are Cannabis lovers. You alll smoke. How do you do it? Unless I am millionair and own an house there is no way to enjoy this plant. I mean reallly, what do you do? Are you always out on the walk with portable? Someone please share your story of how you ended up where you are. Please educate me on how to fiund 420 friednly housing
What state are you in? Does your lease have a restriction on "smoking"?

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I can control the smell since I stopped smoking and turned to vaping. I've vaped in all kinds of restricted circumstances by taking something like Febreeze and spraying it on a towel and breathing the vapor into the towel. As an added precaution you could position a fan as an exhaust in a window to pull air into the room from under the door and out the window so there are no leaks into the house past your room.

Covering up MJ smoke is never going to work.

Even with vaping instead of smoking you may still have a problem with opening a bag of weed and the associated hang time. I can vape just about anywhere with a homemade filter/towel/napkin/etc. to exhale into but opening a bag of herb 3 rooms way and that wonderful aroma is picked up by my family.

Dynanuts

What state are you in? Does your lease have a restriction on "smoking"?
yes, it clearly states that smoking is not permitted on the premise and got this email. next one and I am off to street or quit vaping.

"This notice is to inform you that you have breached the NON SMOKING agreement on your lease. Please pay the smoking fee by the EOD Tomorrow to avoid further notices and incurring more fees.

If you cease to comply with the terms of your lease or this notice, you will risk being sent to evictions."

My neighbor made a nice letter posted all over the apartments, except that some kind person slipped it in my door.

https://imgur.com/a/3M7DqgU

Last edited:

Exsmoker

Plant Manager
My wife doesn’t partake but is OK with me, as long as she doesn’t see or smell it. We had some windows replaced recently and had to hole up in my room in the basement for a few hours. This is where I vape, and she didn’t say a word, didn’t notice any smell, and believe me, she would have said something, she has a good sniffer. She didn’t even notice my e-nano mixed in with my work stuff. I knew that I couldn’t smell anything, but she confirmed it. Vaping is odor-free in this house.

namasteIII

Dude honestly its a good thing. Fuck that place. Most apartments in illegal states aren't going to treat you like that. Just do some research and find a better place to live, after the stress of moving, you will be glad you did. You can be free in your home, not have to do all those silly smell covering things and you can just vape your weed at peace.

Tranquility

yes, it clearly states that smoking is not permitted on the premise and got this email. next one and I am off to street or quit vaping.

"This notice is to inform you that you have breached the NON SMOKING agreement on your lease. Please pay the smoking fee by the EOD Tomorrow to avoid further notices and incurring more fees.

If you cease to comply with the terms of your lease or this notice, you will risk being sent to evictions."

My neighbor made a nice letter posted all over the apartments, except that some kind person slipped it in my door.

The state would be important as some states have excluded vaping from the definition of smoking while others don't opine on the subject at all. Also, it might depend on WHY you are vaping. If you are vaping on the recommendation of a physician, you might have some protections under your state's version of the ADA. (Regarding reasonable accommodations. Of course, you can't use the federal statutes as it is still illegal federally.) That federal issue will have you be SOL if you have Section 8 or other, like, federal guarantees for rent.

If money is tight, look up renter's assistance or legal aid for your state. You might get better information for your specific facts.

If you want to get all Perry Mason on your own (Old guy TV lawyer, even for me.), go to scholar.google.com and choose your state and try some searches. I might start with something like:

"unlawful detainer" smoking vaping "written lease"

On your first pass, if you get a lot of results to read, add in marijuana. (Or, however it is spelled, legally, in your state.) Good luck! While I don't want to give you a ton of hope, landlord-tenant law tends to be very procedural. If there is actually a real-life legal question, as here (probably), tenants often get a pretty good shake in courts that are used to people having little or no real legal issues and who just use the court to delay the inevitable.

Reading the letter edit:
The letter you posted is pretty close to defamatory per se. While it might not quite rise to that, it certainly seems you are being accused of two crimes, in writing, published to the community you live in. Seek and attorney if you want to fight things.

Last edited:

Brewervapesalot

Blow tube. Take 32 ounce wide month plastic soda bottle. Rinse it well. Stuff it with dryer sheets. Lots of em. Drill or poke holes in the bottom of bottle. Blow your vapor through that.

Worth a try. Worked with combustion bongs in the dorms.

Brewervapesalot,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Dynanuts

Today, I got MV1 ( still slow charging) so I can use it like a one hitter, take two puff and your're high. Guess What, on the same day I got MV1, I got another email that says,

"As smoking continues in your apartment, I will have to post another notice for you to comply to the smoking policy of the XXXXXXXXXXX apartments. $40 Smoking fee has been added to your account again as this issue has not stopped and you still have been smoking in your apartment. Please pay the fee by the EOD today.

Thank you,

XXXXXX Peterson I XXXXX Property XXXXXI Property Manager
29XX XXXXXX Ave N. Suite XXX/XXX XXXXXXX, WA 98109"I

I was using dyavap and had a two burnt bowl, that might be what sent it off. But timing is unusual as today was the day I get my freedom to do as I see fit without bothering neighbors. But they set ALL of my neighbors against me so I better move ... before I get eviction notice...

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
Today, I got MV1 ( still slow charging) so I can use it like a one hitter, take two puff and your're high. Guess What, on the same day I got MV1, I got another email that says,

"As smoking continues in your apartment, I will have to post another notice for you to comply to the smoking policy of the XXXXXXXXXXX apartments. $40 Smoking fee has been added to your account again as this issue has not stopped and you still have been smoking in your apartment. Please pay the fee by the EOD today.

Thank you,

I was using dyavap and had a two burnt bowl, that might be what sent it off. But timing is unusual as today was the day I get my freedom to do as I see fit without bothering neighbors. But they set ALL of my neighbors against me so I better move ... before I get eviction notice...
Dude just go to a different apartment. Or buy an RV. RV's aren't all that bad and you can find a decent used one fairly cheap. Or if you're rich, get a lawyer and go to court and prove that you don't smoke but vape. I doubt the lease says anything about vaporizing. But it may say no cannabis, which they can still say even in a state where it's legal. If it says that in the lease the lawyer wouldn't really be an option unless you're REALLY rich lol. I've lived in multiple apartments in legal as well as illegal states and never once have I had an issue with anyone complaining about cannabis smell. And I've NEVER been careful about it. You have asshole neighbors it sounds like. Except for the one dude who tipped you off to them :p

Brewervapesalot

Thank you,

Washington law: https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=59.18.240

Brewervapesalot,
Reactions: macbill

Alexis

Also things like Febreeze only make combustion smoke MORE obvious.

Using any such toxic artificial fragrance product is an absolute cardinal sin, and an act of total insanity, most of all a measure of a total lack of sense and intelligence to allow such an obviously insanely poisonous and harmful substance into the surrounding, breathed air. Sorry I just feel so strongly about this crazy, mental delusional worldwide craze of mortal imbeciles being hooked on these smelly chemicals (VOC's), not only thinking that they are harmless, but that they are necessary, a real priviledge and pleasure.

While they poison and toxify their babies, animals, NEIGHBOURS (Yes, that would be me! Fucking glade plug-ins and ghastly fabric conditioner pouring in the windows 24/7. Fresh air? What's that, where can I get some? :rant:) :lol:

I have human rights- to NOT be friggin poisoned by my neighbours. My neighbours DO NOT have the right to be permanently filling my breathing air, totally unnecessarily, with proven toxic carcinogenic, endocrine disrupting shit which makes me feel physically sick the more I inhale.

Yet- it seems they think they do have such a right! The whole world seems to be at it. Those TV commercials work magic ob all the dumb fucks who buy into this Febreeze culture.

A mark of no awareness, a totally lacking ability to sense and perceive. Okay sorry, this mad delusional craze really drives me mad.

@Dynanuts sorry for your unjust treatment. But come on let's just be realistic man. You were NEVER going to get away with smoking in that place and it was totally naive to assume you could. So in terms of the eviction, I have to say you brought this upon yourself by sheer naivety (I dont mean that as a citicism or judgement btw, its all extremely unfair).
A PITA but you just gotta relocate if you wanna smoke in peace (wel you have to now no matter what.)

Thats good to hear you are now exploring vaping options. Too little too late for this place but Im sure you will find somewhere and really wishing you the best of luck with that. Please keep us updated. We are genuinely caring community here and I for one definitely want to hear a happy ending. :):popcorn:

Alexis,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I realize it's too late for you, but a new device on the market claims to minimize vaporous clouds and smell. It's called a Philter https://philterlabs.com/. It's only $15. I just ordered one, because I'm a gadget guy. I don't NEED one but concerts may be a tad easier. Still, folks notice if you go into a coughing spasm during say, when the fat lady starts to sing or family gatherings.

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
You can take my Fabreeze bottles from my cold dead fingers, Ha ha ha! :razz:
I must admit, that if my neighbors complained about me using air fresheners in my own home, I'd tell 'em to go fuck themselves :lol:
I can't imagine any benefit to staying where you are likely to get evicted for doing what you are going to continue doing. You might try renting a room in a cannabis friendly household, if you don't want another apartment complex. Better to move now before there is an eviction on your record. I'm not saying it should be this way, but it is, and it could get worse. That, or switch to edibles and tincture. What other choice is there? Stay and get evicted ?

Madri-Gal,
Reactions: Squiby

Grifo

they won't never straight up tell me this is about marijana, it is always about "the smoke".
So they are not saying its marijuana then keep denying it and tell them they have to prove it if you haven't already admitted to them about vaping. Its really simple to prove that some one is smoking indoors. Idk depending on what you have told them i would lawyer up.

Alexis

I can't imagine any benefit to staying where you are likely to get evicted for doing what you are going to continue doing. You might try renting a room in a cannabis friendly household, if you don't want another apartment complex. Better to move now before there is an eviction on your record. I'm not saying it should be this way, but it is, and it could get worse. That, or switch to edibles and tincture. What other choice is there? Stay and get evicted ?
I believe you may have the wrong person in mind here. The culprit in question (or victim rather), and the OP, is another member entirely. I expect he will surely still see your reply however.

Alexis,
Top Bottom