endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Strains you might like for cerebal effects are:
- AMG haze
- Amnesia haze
- Mr nice guy
- Mexican haze
- Hawaian haze
Probably off topic but I grow a pure Indica land race strain thats highly cerebral with zero couch lock,
sleepiness or stonyness. It's the original Hindu Kush, not a highly commercialized for bud size hybrid named the same, thats lost all of it's native magical/spiritual properties.

daoist

I actually had a blueberry kush. That was pretty good. But still does not cut it compared to most hazes in the cerebal department.

daoist,
Reactions: endof3d

uncanni

Probably off topic but I grow a pure Indica land race strain thats highly cerebral with zero couch lock,
sleepiness or stonyness. It's the original Hindu Kush, not a highly commercialized for bud size hybrid named the same, thats lost all of it's native magical/spiritual properties.

I always say, "THC by any other name, gets you high as fk."

My understanding is that couch lock is not a result of any combo of THC and terps, but rather of the degradation of THC into CBN. Therefore, any Indica harvested at just the right time, will have just as much cerebral impact as any other strain. At least, it does for me...

uncanni,

daoist

thc to cbn conversion only occurs when decarbing. I learned it from Frenchy Canolli.
it may happen naturally over time, but usually you need to apply heat for fairly long time before it degrades to cbn.

daoist,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
thc to cbn conversion only occurs when decarbing. I learned it from Frenchy Canolli.
it may happen naturally over time, but usually you need to apply heat for fairly long time before it degrades to cbn.

Frenchy claims CBN forms readily when smoked, that's why he decarbs his hash first.

invertedisdead,

daoist

Frenchy claims CBN forms readily when smoked, that's why he decarbs his hash first.

Actually Frenchy says you need to get rid of the co2 molecule. He decarbs the crystals to get rid of 70% of the co2 molecule attached to the thc-a molecules (everything with "-A" behind its name has this co2 molecule). because the co2 molecule is basicly "preserving" and locking the terpenes. Also it will cause a gas curtain that will block the terpenes from entering your bloodstream. Decarbing the thc-a will transform it into thc. the rest will go when smoking it.
So after decarbing you should have 30% thc-a and 70% thc.

As a result of the decarbing some cbn will form, which is an oxidant if i am correct, therefore your hash looks brown (And also old degraded buds looks brown, because degradation happens over time). The darker your hash the more terpenes are in there, the higher the quality.

You don't want cbn, but you dont want co2 either, so you have to balance it out.

I am not hashmaker myself but i have experimented with keef from my grinder. it is fun and you can learn from it. you can actually see the crystals changing color and become sticky.

I don't really use numbers. just how soft and sticky the hash feels in your hand. It also depends on the amount of keef you have vs how much time you need to spend hot pressing it.
You can see it, feel it, smell it, etc.....

Not really sure if this is even on topic anymore... lol.

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Actually Frenchy says you need to get rid of the co2 molecule. He decarbs the crystals to get rid of 70% of the co2 molecule attached to the thc-a molecules (everything with "-A" behind its name has this co2 molecule). because the co2 molecule is basicly "preserving" and locking the terpenes. Also it will cause a gas curtain that will block the terpenes from entering your bloodstream. Decarbing the thc-a will transform it into thc. the rest will go when smoking it.
So after decarbing you should have 30% thc-a and 70% thc.

Frenchy also says rosin is inferior cause it's heated, but then decarbs his hash with a wine bottle full of boiling water lol. I've watched every presentation and lecture he's done, but one thing he fails to mention is that when you heat hash to decarb you're disrupting the enzymes (pasteurizing) which also affects the biological pathway of these chemicals. So decarbed material is possibly more bioavailable in one way, but probably less bioavailable in other ways.

The darker your hash the more terpenes are in there, the higher the quality.

80%+ of terpenes are gone after the plant dries for a week at ambient temperature. Generally the darker your hash the more oxidized it has become (some plants also just make dark hash) Keep in mind even THC itself is an oxidized degraded byproduct of THCA.

Quality of hash is typically based on the melt and how much exogenous plant material has been successfully removed. Actually if you follow Frenchy then you already know he has a whole scorecard for rating hash based on various categories such as taste, terroir, aroma, melt, effect, etc.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: endof3d

endof3d

I always say, "THC by any other name, gets you high as fk."

My understanding is that couch lock is not a result of any combo of THC and terps, but rather of the degradation of THC into CBN. Therefore, any Indica harvested at just the right time, will have just as much cerebral impact as any other strain. At least, it does for me...
As I always say, “So many strains, so little time.”

This is an in depth discussion for a whole other thread. I agree that the length of flowering time can determine the THC to CBD ratios.
As I’ve gotten older Sativa strains have a way of keeping me awake all night even if consumed at sunrise. Even the mostly sativa Harlequin strain, with a 17% to less then 1% tested CBD to THC ratios causes sleep difficulties for me. Love the clarity, but love sleep more. Was simply trying to communicate (not very well) that for me native HK provided excellent clarity and focus with out most of the other effects normally attributed to indica or sativa. Of course, your experience could be different.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
As I always say, “So many strains, so little time.”

This is an in depth discussion for a whole other thread. I agree that the length of flowering time can determine the THC to CBD ratios.
As I’ve gotten older Sativa strains have a way of keeping me awake all night even if consumed at sunrise. Even the mostly sativa Harlequin strain, with a 17% to less then 1% tested CBD to THC ratios causes sleep difficulties for me. Love the clarity, but love sleep more. Was simply trying to communicate (not very well) that for me native HK provided excellent clarity and focus with out most of the other effects normally attributed to indica or sativa. Of course, your experience could be different.

I'd sure love to try it! :love: Old school genetics are where it's at. I miss that psychedelic kind of effect, instead of all the modern sedative strains.

endof3d

People definitely need to start focusing on preserving the landrace strains, without mixing their genetics. Almost everything on the market, these days, is a hybrid of some sort.
Some may disagree, but sadly I think that ship has long ago sailed. Even stable/strong 1st generation bred hybrids that had all the outstanding qualities of the original land race strains, have been all but lost to time and avarice. Fortunately, I lucked upon a 2nd (3rd) generation breeder who came onto the scene just in time to have collected a handful of these outstanding foundational hybrid strains from those early years.

I would ask every gardener to please support the very few small breeders left. Find a stable strain that will thrive in your part of the world and pass the genetics on. It would be truly tragic to have this magical/medicinal plant recklessly bred into oblivion by the greed of Investment Bankers and big Pharma.

EverythingsHazy

Some may disagree, but sadly I think that ship has long ago sailed. Even stable/strong 1st generation bred hybrids that had all the outstanding qualities of the original land race strains, have been all but lost to time and avarice. Fortunately, I lucked upon a 2nd (3rd) generation breeder who came onto the scene just in time to have collected a handful of these outstanding foundational hybrid strains from those early years.

I would ask every gardener to please support the very few small breeders left. Find a stable strain that will thrive in your part of the world and pass the genetics on. It would be truly tragic to have this magical/medicinal plant recklessly bred into oblivion by the greed of Investment Bankers and big Pharma.
Why would it be too late, when there are still wild Cannabis plants from which seed can be collected?

EverythingsHazy,

uncanni

Cannabis has been hybridising naturally for centuries, and with the help of humans who carried seeds with them to plant when they moved elsewhere.

uncanni,

endof3d

This is a very worth while discussion to have. Maybe more people would consider the consequences of what a century of global prohibition and government eradication programs did to a species that almost entirely became cultivated and controlled by drug/criminal cartels. This continues right to this day. However, this is not the thread to have it in.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
This is a very worth while discussion to have. Maybe more people would consider the consequences of what a century of global prohibition and government eradication programs did to a species that almost entirely became cultivated and controlled by drug/criminal cartels. This continues right to this day. However, this is not the thread to have it in.

We definitely know indoor grows stomped out the sativas cause of the long maturation time. I've long been intrigued with the fact that the majority of landrace genetics were pure sativa considering how difficult it is these days to find those pure sativa effects. Every once in a while I'll get a nice racey high, maybe once or twice a year. Last time I got it from some scissor hash rosin, pretty gross flavor but the effects were out of this world! Scissor hash intrigues me since it's the closest thing we see in America to old school charas hash.

uncanni

We definitely know indoor grows stomped out the sativas cause of the long maturation time. I've long been intrigued with the fact that the majority of landrace genetics were pure sativa considering how difficult it is these days to find those pure sativa effects. Every once in a while I'll get a nice racey high, maybe once or twice a year. Last time I got it from some scissor hash rosin, pretty gross flavor but the effects were out of this world! Scissor hash intrigues me since it's the closest thing we see in America to old school charas hash.

I've grown Malawi indoors; it just takes a little longer. You want pure Sativa effects? Try either one of these, and be prepared to train the crap out of them.
https://www.seedsman.com/en/malawi-gold-feminised-seeds
https://www.seedsman.com/en/purple-haze-x-malawi-regular-seeds

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I've grown Malawi indoors; it just takes a little longer. You want pure Sativa effects? Try either one of these, and be prepared to train the crap out of them.
https://www.seedsman.com/en/malawi-gold-feminised-seeds
https://www.seedsman.com/en/purple-haze-x-malawi-regular-seeds

Oh yeah definitely, I live upstairs in a nosey apartment, but I very much wish I had an appropriate place to garden so I could finally pick my own seeds and get away from a lot of the diluted mainstream hybrids!

uncanni

Oh yeah definitely, I live upstairs in a nosey apartment, but I very much wish I had an appropriate place to garden so I could finally pick my own seeds and get away from a lot of the diluted mainstream hybrids!
I haven't done any recent research, but what about short Sativas like Lily that's always sold out?

Last edited:

daoist

I don't grow any plants myself. But i read that it takes at least 5 generations before the plant becomes stable. The so called F5 version. But i have seen F9's out there as well.

Why is an F1 better? because i tought that was what you guys are saying.

daoist,
Top Bottom