Huge hit, choke, cough, little vapor

cawshook

Solod out.
What exactly happens when you take a huge hit, too big, so you choke and cough, but only little Vapor is exhaled? Where is the rest? Still caught in mucous in your lungs? Caught in the mucous in the throat? Combination of both?
Also do you think it gets you really really high ? Worth it?

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
What type of vape? This used to happen to me sometimes when I was using the stem on my MFLB. I think that was more to do with how the vapor was hitting my throat from the stem though. With my most of my vapes I can take monter rips without choking I perfer a water path usually though if possible.

As to getting higher, IMO I think that coughing in general gets you higher. My theory is that the expansion in the lungs causes a faster absorption, the temporarily increased heart rate probably helps increase absorption in that moment too. This all my theory and may be total bullshit. I don't enjoy coughing though so its not something I try and experience :lol: .

Last edited:

cawshook

Solod out.
What type of vape? This used to happen to me sometimes when I was using the stem on my MFLB. I think that was more to do with how the vapor was hitting my throat from the stem though. With my most of my vapes I can take monter rips without choking I perfer a water path usually though if possible.

As to getting higher, IMO I think that coughing in general gets you higher. My theory is that the expansion in the lungs causes a faster absorption, the temporarily increased heart rate probably helps increase absorption in that moment too. This all my theory and may be total bullshit. I don't enjoy coughing though so its not something I try and experience :lol: .
Makes sense. Nano and a honeycomb bong, Vapor is smooth but when its too much Vapor you just choke. I'm talking like a lung full hit, too much to hold in.

Jahannum

(。´∀`)ノ
Makes sense. Nano and a honeycomb bong, Vapor is smooth but when its too much Vapor you just choke. I'm talking like a lung full hit, too much to hold in.

Then logic tells me you may of swallowed a bit of the vapor. I knew a person that would sometimes swallow smoke when he would accidentally inhale too much.

I do not know where else the vapor could of went, if not back out your mouth. :shrug:

If this happens again to you, force yourself to belch right away and see if there is any visibile vapor.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Maybe it's because I had a nice nano session before work this morning, but here's my thoughts....

infrared-fart-o.gif

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

No no no no no a thousand times no! Coughing is the body's way of expelling things in the lungs. It does not help absorb anything, it is the natural reaction to prevent absorbing something. In fact, the velocity of a cough can be as high as 45 m/s (~100 mph). How does expelling something that fast promote absorption? Obviously it can't. A coughing fit will temporarily reduce oxygen flow to the brain and results in some giddiness that people mistake for the effects of cannabis. "Cough to get off" is one of those myths that makes me see red. :mad:

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
No no no no no a thousand times no! Coughing is the body's way of expelling things in the lungs. It does not help absorb anything, it is the natural reaction to prevent absorbing something. In fact, the velocity of a cough can be as high as 45 m/s (~100 mph). How does expelling something that fast promote absorption? Obviously it can't. A coughing fit will temporarily reduce oxygen flow to the brain and results in some giddiness that people mistake for the effects of cannabis. "Cough to get off" is one of those myths that makes me see red. :mad:

I understand what you are saying Pak. My train of thought was the expansion your lungs go under increases the vapor's pressure in your lungs which could theoretically increase up take for that moment, which given the short duration may negligible. You may be right and I am totally off base though Pak. I hate to spread any kind of misinformation that's why I said IMO and it may be bull shit. I am not trying to mislead anyone, nor would I reccomend anyone self inducing vapor coughing fits...

Puffers,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I understand what you are saying Pak. My train of thought was the expansion your lungs go under increases the vapor's pressure in your lungs which could theoretically increase up take for that moment, which given the short duration may negligible. You may be right and I am totally off base though Pak. I hate to spread any kind of misinformation that's why I said IMO and it may be bull shit. I am not trying to mislead anyone, nor would I reccomend anyone self inducing vapor coughing fits...

I understand that you're not trying to misinform. You're victim of a popular myth,which is often rationalized with exactly the sort of reasoning you gave, but consider: if coughing is the body's way of expelling something from the lungs, then why would another mechanism make it easier to absorb?

pakalolo,
Top Bottom