How's your draw? Sip, rip, or something else

Robert-in-YEG

When I first got into vaping, my initial thought was that I would need to vape more cannabis, to maintain the same psychoactive effect, so every time i vaped, I turned the heat as high as it could go, and tried ripping down as hard as I could. I then started researching and found lots of other ideas such as inhaling the vape for a certain number of seconds. There are lots of varied techniques to try.

After a couple of months of obsessive vaping, a voice in my head asked, "are you enjoying this?". The answer to the question was "No"; I was not enjoying obsessively vaping chasing the dragon. My decision was to take a break.

Things have changed now. When I want to vape, I vape. No one is saying how often and for now "when I want to" means a couple of times a day. That could be 2 times a day, or it could 6; I just relax. I treat it more like a cup of coffee. What is also different is having the first bowl at about 320, before turning it to 380. I haven't gone higher than 380 since my break.

I don't think about how I draw. Sometimes I just puff like a cigar or pipe. Sometimes I inhale like a cigarette, or sometimes I will have a very long deep draw. The point is that, I just do whatever feels natural and instinctive; I don't think. When I vape now it's a ritual, not an attempt to feel some psychoactive effects. Strange thins is, is that this more relaxed approach has some pretty effects that I never really explored before when I was so consumed with 'Chasing the dragon'.

A few minutes ago, I packed my Starry and ran one 4 minute session on 320. I tuned the heat to 380, and ran a second session at 380. Immediately, I started another , and got a few more puffs. The flavour was gone, and I turned it off.

I started writing this as soon as I was done vaping. I do not feel 'stoned', nor do I feel greatly intoxicated or medicated. I do feel tingles, and my legs feel something. I kind of get restless legs when I consume cannabis, but it isn't unpleasant. I find that my feet and legs just like to move.

So here is the question - "What's your style"? Do you use any specific way you inhale or use your vape? Are you a ripper or a sipper?

Robert-in-YEG

"And how is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?"
- Homer Simpson

vapirtoo

My draw rate varies with my mood, my vape and the herb.
Some days I want to rip it hard and I take out the Supreme.
Other times I want to sit and vape for a while so I use the
Vapbong or Launch box for sessions.
There are endless ways to inhale.

fitnessfighter

Honestly the only way to properly draw up vapor is by using the temperature around 390-401 degrees for dry herb. This is what I typically have my vape set on. I probably used every popular vaporizer online. You rip the thing with light sensitive puffs. Any harder and you're chasing concreate walls.

fitnessfighter,

Robert-in-YEG

What I'm discovering, is that every device is unique. Each draw is unique. There's no one size fits all answer.

Just like having sex, the better you know your partner, and the better you know yourself, the better the experience.

Robert-in-YEG

"I regret to say that we of the FBI are powerless to act in cases of oral-genital intimacy, unless it has in some way obstructed interstate commerce."
~ J. Edgar Hoover

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
It depends on the type of vape I'm using, as well as what kind of experience I want to get at that time.
It can differ widely based on just those two factors. And that isn't even all there is to it.
One can have different types of experiences using different types of draws using the same vape.

Hell, the temperature you use, the type of grind, and the draw-speed can all effect the experience you will get.

All the above is why I enjoy having a collection do different kinds of vapes, different grinders, etc. I can have a different experience, depending on my mood and what I am looking to get at that moment. The type of vape, the type of grind (or non-grind), the temp set, the draw type, the draw speed, the way I pack the flower in the chamber, etc. There are lots of factors to manipulate and combine to get whatever you want out of your vaping session.

Experiment, explore, and find/do what makes you happy. That's what makes it such a fun hobby for many of us :tup:
And ignore anyone who claims that you have to do it their way or you're doing it wrong.

Robert-in-YEG

At 62, coughing BAD, sipping GOOD.

Besides, with most modern vapes, drawing harder doesn't necessarily give you a belter hit. Also, if you want to actually taste your weed, slower and lower temp is the way to go. IMHO...
At age 56, I agree.

I've never liked smoke or smoking. Discovering dry herb vaping changed everything for me.

Robert-in-YEG

Shadooz

I draw just to get "mouth/lungfull" (fast and easy with my herborizer, less vapor with my crafty).
But my draw are the same for both. Only changing water piece differs the draw, of just a bit.
I can't enjoy dry, small stem of pocketable... which have different draw style. (Mouth to lung being insteresting for them)

But the thing i do is to breath back the vapor.
And for that, only a first small nose exhale, then breath again give me a second lung sensation.
It makes the heavy hitters, hitting even more :ko: :evil:
Best way to reduce consomation.
Some call that "secret breath", but i only do it once, more feels restrictive..

tgvp

For dry herb and hash, my favorite draw method is lungfull but slowly drawn from a volcano bag through a lukewarm waterpiece. Like taking a deep breath in a Weed Sauna :) Not scratchy 'cause the tiny plant particles are mostly filtered out by the bag and the water, and the lukerwarm water make the air more moist. And by having big draws, it means more taste when expelling.

Top Bottom