How would I ship a vape to a friend?

sgavster

Hi, I am looking for the best way to ship a vape to my friend. I'm not sure if I can label it as a vape, if I should use UPS or USPS, and the best way to do it. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated

sgavster,

Mulchmaker

Veni Vidi Vapi
Speaking as a former UPS truck loader, I wholeheartedly recommend Brown for your vape-shipping needs. As long as you have it well-packaged (we didn't try to damage parcels, but when you're moving several thousand pounds per shift, sometimes damage just happens), and you fill out the shipping label legibly, UPS will get it there with no questions asked. I'd label it "toys" or "portable electronics" or something equally innocuous if you're really concerned about anyone giving your package a second look. Honestly, though, I don't think anybody in the shipping chain--from the receiving clerk to the delivery driver--actually cares at all about what you're sending.

USPS is probably the same, but I don't have first-have experience with them so I can't say for certain.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
While shopping battery cells on imrbatteries.com, i emailed them to know if could ship with usps rather then quoted ups fees. (usps is usually cheaper when ordering from USA) IMR answered me that usps didn't ship batteries being its illegal to export loose cells, that only options were ups or FedEx..

You are probably sending from USA to USA but still indication that what is illegal for some is "ok" to others .

sgavster

While shopping battery cells on imrbatteries.com, i emailed them to know if could ship with usps rather then quoted ups fees. (usps is usually cheaper when ordering from USA) IMR answered me that usps didn't ship batteries being its illegal to export loose cells, that only options were ups or FedEx..

You are probably sending from USA to USA but still indication that what is illegal for some is "ok" to others .
It would just be a vape with no batteries

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Several of us have had to send numerous vaporizers back to companies because of a faulty product. Just make sure you clean it well. Also pack so it doesn’t rattle around in the box. The plastic bubble wrap works well. I save mine when I get something shipped then I use it all over again. UPS and USPS will ask you what you are sending and you can just say whatever you want. The toy was a good idea. I said I was shipping an inhaler before. If it has a battery, I wouldn’t say anything about it. You don’t want more questions asked.
When I sent my Grasshopper back the company wanted a battery as well sent back. When asked by USPS I said no battery because I didn’t want any questions asked.
Sending a vaporizer in the mail is pretty easy. Don’t send any weed through the mail though. You could get in big trouble and not worth it.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Yes, you're cool man. Clean and common sense are your friends. Definitely listen to the members posting above mine, they're all good eggs. Even (especially?) @Slagzord is dropping science, his positive tek works on many levels of existence. I've used USPS to ship (used but clean) within CONUS and international, no problem. Maybe consider getting a flat-rate box from your local P.O., they're free.

1)Bubble wrap and packing tape!
2)Use BLOCK letters on the to/from
3)Describe as "personal electronics" or "aromatherapy device"
4)Smile Smile Smile!

Welcome to FC, @sgavster !!! What sort of vaporizers are you into?

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Every time I shipped my crafty in for repair I used USPS, I didnt clean the oven, I just bagged it about 7 times. Did this a total of 4 times no problems. If I were going to ship it to a friend I would clean the hell out of it, and bag it several times. They have bags that prevent odor from escaping, those can be useful. Biggest thing is, dont have resin or anything cannabis related on your hands when youre packing it up. I know that seems like a no brainer, but if you put in all the effort to keep the vaporizer from smelling, you have to take the same care during packaging.

If you dont want to deal with the USPS counter, just get a flat rate box and affix the amount of postage $ in stamps to the outside of the box.

Top Bottom