How vaping changed the type of Hashish I consume.

sativasam

NO SMOKING
I live in London UK. Living in Europe we get quite a bit of Hash. When I was very young, what was named Soap Bar was widely popular. It was essentially a hard block of Henna that vaguely resembled hash, often containing bits of plastic bin bag. You had to torch the stuff to get it too crumble. Today they have got better at faking Hashish. From the sticky Afghani kind, to the crumbly Moroccan kind. They have the texture and look perfect!! From total fakes containing no cannabis at all, to ones that contain a small amount of low grade hashish, while being largely mixed with something else.

Many people in the UK smoke what they think is "Pollen" or similar looking Moroccan/Lebanese hash; but is actually a poor imitation and it's not clean. You see a lot of it in France. You certainly wont see it in Amsterdam. After years smoking it you can become accustomed to the taste and think this is what hash really smells/taste like. At best it is Kief so low grade it is only worthy of the bin, mixed with loads of powdered stalks, clapped together with turpentine because otherwise it doesn't stick as theres too much plant material.

For much of my 'smoking' life I smoked Hash, nearly always in a spliff with Tobacco. When I first started vaping, I realised the hash I was consuming didn't actually taste good. Vaping brings out the taste so much that I noticed there was really no Hashish taste at all. This is the sort of hash that the overwhelming majority of UK pot smokers will think is of very high quality. I personally think it is dangerous.

I now only consume one type of Hashish that it so undeniably pure that I worry not. I honestly would not touch that supposed "Pollen" with a barge pole. I have dramatically changed what I think of as acceptable in terms of Hashish consumption, and I am a total snob when it comes down to what hash I consume. If what I've said is applicable to you and is making sense, then I urge you to become a hash snob too. Only the best will do.

NorVape

Vape Rictim
I'm close to you, Norway, and am also an old school hashish smoker (was, rather).

It seems most of the shit hash in Europe ends up in the UK these days. Vaping made me realize how good the hashes I've been getting actually are. And rosin tech proved it even more. Even the polms/pollens.

What vapes do you prefer to vape your hashish in?

sativasam

NO SMOKING
I often pack the hash in cotton to reduce the mess old school hashish can make.
In the mighty?

What sort of cotton?

My hash is real sticky. So I put my hash on top of the oil pad and then I use a spare gauze on top of that to stop it sticking and making a mess of the upper gauze on the cooling unit.

NorVape

Vape Rictim
I've never tried the Mighty, but I use this tech with many vapes.

I get hashish in many forms, and the one I have now is of the very sticky kind. I've only tried it in Da Buddah so far, and I must say putting cotton on the screen saves me a lot of cleaning of screens :)

herbivore21

If it don't bubble it ain't worth the trouble :nod:

Words to live by! :D

I'm close to you, Norway, and am also an old school hashish smoker (was, rather).

It seems most of the shit hash in Europe ends up in the UK these days. Vaping made me realize how good the hashes I've been getting actually are. And rosin tech proved it even more. Even the polms/pollens.

What vapes do you prefer to vape your hashish in?
I've also heard this from UK friends, consistently hear about the worst hashes being in the UK. Remember also that good hash can get a nasty taste due to bad handling and/or storage and not just from adulterants or too much contaminants.

Still, I stopped buying hashes a long time ago (different part of the world completely, but nonetheless ain't nothing more easily adulterated than hash!). My perspective is if you didn't make the hash yourself out of epic nugs and don't have access to a digital microscope (I find even a jeweller's loupe doesn't give enough resolution, especially if the unscrupulous dealer knows to screen the final adulterated material to get the particles fine enough and make it impossible to tell what is in there without a microscope!), then you shouldn't use hash. The exception to this that is reasonable is if you have a close trusted friend who is a reputable hashmaker and makes it for you out of similarly great nugs ;)

Sadly, this is not possible in most prohibition circumstances. Necessity was the mother of invention for me, ain't no place to buy hash around these parts for a long time now!

Well the only vapes I've used are the ones I own. So the volcano and the mighty. Im really impressed with how the mighty deals with hash I don't even need to turn it.
The Mighty is great with hash and the only vape I prefer to it for hashes is the dnail flower adapter (tastiest way to vape hash, hands down! I've used all of the megaexpensive vapes too, except the herbalizer but I don't do whips). The vapman is great for hashes too but it is possible to go overboard with the heat if your hash is lower quality/more contaminant (plant material) in it.

In the mighty?

What sort of cotton?

My hash is real sticky. So I put my hash on top of the oil pad and then I use a spare gauze on top of that to stop it sticking and making a mess of the upper gauze on the cooling unit.
SS Oil pad > cotton. You are already using the best thing to keep hash tidy in using those oil pads IMO and IME. Don't change a thing about that ;)

I've never tried the Mighty, but I use this tech with many vapes.

I get hashish in many forms, and the one I have now is of the very sticky kind. I've only tried it in Da Buddah so far, and I must say putting cotton on the screen saves me a lot of cleaning of screens :)

Most definitely, but please do try SS pads instead or even ti if you can brother, so much nicer than cotton. I find cotton does degrade and add a weird texture to vapor compared to using something inert.

herbivore21

Anyone have a good source for SS or ti wool or pads? I couldn't find them anywhere locally.
Hmm depends what you're using to vape bro, I usually just cut up S & B Mighty oil pads these days, but I have some 316L medical grade SS wool too which is perfect! Still, can't recommend a vendor since it was gifted by a friend!

BigJohnny

I'm from the UK as well (up north), never been able to get decent hash, therefore I'll only ever consume hash I've made myself. Luckily I have plenty of material to work with...

BigJohnny,
Reactions: sativasam

RastaVapa

HomeGrownLogs UK log maker
Manufacturer
Many people in the UK smoke what they think is "Pollen" or similar looking Moroccan/Lebanese hash; but is actually a poor imitation and it's not clean. You see a lot of it in France. You certainly wont see it in Amsterdam. After years smoking it you can become accustomed to the taste and think this is what hash really smells/taste like. At best it is Kief so low grade it is only worthy of the bin, mixed with loads of powdered stalks, clapped together with turpentine because otherwise it doesn't stick as theres too much plant material.

I ave just swapped hash contacts because i thought i was getting not so good stuff, apart from the bubble test and smell what would be another way to make sure its not contaminated ?

i have made rosin from it and i get a good 50% return that dabs well, i thought i had seen the last of all the crap hash in the uk..... i get some red leb sometimes that seems legit how i remember it long ago but i thought it was only that soap bar shit they fucked with

RastaVapa,

sativasam

NO SMOKING
I ave just swapped hash contacts because i thought i was getting not so good stuff, apart from the bubble test and smell what would be another way to make sure its not contaminated ?

i have made rosin from it and i get a good 50% return that dabs well, i thought i had seen the last of all the crap hash in the uk..... i get some red leb sometimes that seems legit how i remember it long ago but i thought it was only that soap bar shit they fucked with

I'm pretty sure I've seen bad hash that can bubble. So it's not foolproof.

All I can say is Hashish should be a pleasure to consume. If it does not taste and smell delicious then really what is the point?:shrug:

You can become so accustomed to cheaper hashes that the familiar smell can lure you in. They often put other scents in these fake hashes so don't be fooled by that! Personally I brake it open and smell the hash. The stuff I get basically smells like skunk/weed, real fruity. There is no question of its quality as it is clear as day. For me smell is the biggest indicator.

If there is ANY question of it's quality then it is not worth buying. You shouldn't have to convince yourself of it's quality. It's quality should be waving at you :wave:

Basically be a total snob. That's my only rule.

sativasam,
Reactions: RastaVapa

RastaVapa

HomeGrownLogs UK log maker
Manufacturer
This lot is def a pleasure to consume and i just went and opened my tub of it to have another smell (like i had forgotten) it does smell like fruity herb and old school puff where as my last supply i had to return.

would making rozin be a worthwhile test for oil content/contamination ?

i grow my own medicine so its not the only thing i have to vape and i make my own hash but there is something to a nice bit of landrace that has always attracted me.... :):leaf:

RastaVapa,
Top Bottom