how to search properly

the ob

all good in the hood.
this is going to sound like a newby question but here goes:

when I try to search for something using the search method it brings up several threads. It does not however highlight the page/person who discusses the topic I am searching for.

maybe this could be a thread where someone will teach me/us how to search so you can find exactly what you are looking for. even going through one page can be a nightmare.

thanks in advance.

the ob,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I had trouble getting the hang of it too. The very last choice, bottom right side... Change results from topices to posts. This does help narrow it down a bit rather than give you threads to search.

32703971.gif

There isn't a red circle but you can see that last choice I'm talking about above. Change that to posts and see if that helps :)

Lo,

the ob

all good in the hood.
lo,
thanks for the great screen view and answer, but for some reason that still does not do it.

the ob,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I don't think we have the capability to get highlighted words in search. Hmmm... maybe change the "search in topic subject only to search entire posts. Not sure what you're trying to narrow down but I have been frustrated before trying to find a little nugget of info. I feel your pain :) Hope you find what you're looking for. If not.... Ask FC :D

Edited to add:

Just had another thought. Once you get your search results page you could use your browser search function to 'find' the words you're searching for on your results page. Damn I wish I had thought of that back when I was struggling lol.

Lo,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
You can press Ctrl+F to search/highlight words within a page using your browser.

vtac,
Top Bottom