How often to change the coil in a sub-Ohm tank?

McDragon71

I'm new to the Vaping world and really launched (6 Mo) myself into it. I was unhappy with 510 cartridges because the plug up at half empty. SO I switched to Sub-Ohm tanks and commercial Sub-Ohm sauce from Cannavape. I've seen a bit on tanks and coils having to be replaced. How often should the Coils need replacing? BTW I use a Freemax 30w and a Freemax2 Sub-Ohm pens.
Still learning, not an easy thing to do @74 but doing it nonetheless.
A quick intro to me. As I stated I'm 74 Yo and started this Journey a long time ago in a far away land. I was 17 when I went into the Army. Spent two tours overseas, One in Korea, the other in Vietnam. I was 19 when I when I got to VN, and It wasn't long after getting there, I got high for the very first time. not to be the last while in country. I found out that booze and pot are bad bedfellows. It was either/or but not both. I was a drunk until 1989, when I went cold turkey. To this moment I still don't drink. I quit smoking Tobacco in 1995 after my Dad passed from Cancer.
I started smoking THC/CBD for the benefits for my health. I WAS grossly OW, and the CBD/THC has contributed to my weight loss of over 70#. I have a few other ailments that the Vaping has contributed to the releafe of.
Nuff for now. Looking for an answer to the question though.

McDragon71,

AlphaDeltaF1

Hey McDragon71,

Welcome to FC !! Very cool set up you have.

When I was using subohm coils for ecigs, I changed mine every 10 days or so. However, it really is based on the volume of material you use daily. I recommend taking the coil out and Inspecting it after about 5 days of use to see what it looks like. If you see the coil is gunked with carbon / taste bad go ahead and change it. A coil change is cheap assurance your flavor will be on point too.

AlphaDeltaF1,
Reactions: Izan
Top Bottom