How Much Usage Have You Gotten From Your Vapes?

hunterthompson

So I was originally gonna make a thread asking what was the longest anyone's log vape has functioned for but I thought why not widen it to all vapes. So what's the longest functioning vape you all have had?

Note: Title changed to better reflect question.

hunterthompson,

OF

hunterthompson said:
So I was originally gonna make a thread asking what was the longest anyone's log vape has functioned for but I thought why not widen it to all vapes. So what's the longest functioning vape you all have had?

Interesting question, depending on exactly what you're considering. Years of ownership or hours of use. I think the latter is a better measure as it gives a guy a better handle on 'which will serve me best'. After all, the vape that's so foul you can't stand using it is sure to last a long time unless you throw it out.

That said, I think the volcano my be the champ. There's a bunch of them that get run hot and hard all day long in cafes. You pay a lot, of course, but you can probably expect the ability to run the most pounds of bud through it before it dies?

OF

OF,

SD_haze

OF said:
hunterthompson said:

Interesting question, depending on exactly what you're considering. Years of ownership or hours of use. I think the latter is a better measure as it gives a guy a better handle on 'which will serve me best'. After all, the vape that's so foul you can't stand using it is sure to last a long time unless you throw it out.

That said, I think the volcano my be the champ. There's a bunch of them that get run hot and hard all day long in cafes. You pay a lot, of course, but you can probably expect the ability to run the most pounds of bud through it before it dies?

OF

I definitely don't disagree that the volcano is a tank of a vape, but when it comes to longevity, I can't help but remember this picture.
No idea how long this was used or if the picture has been tampered with, but I don't like :/

volcano9.jpg

SD_haze,

OF

SD_haze said:
I definitely don't disagree that the volcano is a tank of a vape, but when it comes to longevity, I can't help but remember this picture.
No idea how long this was used or if the picture has been tampered with, but I don't like :/

A mess inside, for sure. Looks like LOTS of stuff got spilled in sloppy loading (who'd thought users might not be at their best motor skill wise?) A lot. Musta been owned by a guy with a lot of weed to waste.....

I'm not at all sure there's really anything wrong? How did the dust kill it? I bet a blow out and it's good for another few POUNDS of bud? I guess a guy could pull the cover and take the vacuum to it from time to time?

It's like noticing that everything on the road still running in a remote corner of the world is a Mercedes Diesel. It might be ugly, smell bad or otherwise not be your first choice, but hard to argue with the results over time.

Fun stuff.

OF

OF,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
http://silversurfervap.com/silver-surfer-vaporizer-information/warranty.html

It looks like they expect there ssv's to last at least 10 years....
Three models have been on for 6 years.

If you have a vapocane, and don't break it, it will last forever. Same with a glass vapobowl, but you may need to replace the lid every once in a while. If you have metal vapobowl it will last forever as long as you don't lose it.

Omicron - replace batteries, catridges, and it will last forever too however in twenty years it won't be the same exact vape you started with because all of the parts will have been exchaned for new ones.

I could see Vaporgenie lasting a long time too but you'll need to replace the filters eventually.

So I think almost any vape can last an extremely longtime - it's just a question of maintenance, and how you feel about replacing parts - do you think that the Vapes lifespan ended once the original part failed?

notmyrealUSERname,

hunterthompson

OF said:

OF

Very true OF, I didnt think of that! With that in mind currently the winner is lwien's PD which has about 26,000 hours on it.

hunterthompson,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
I guess you didn't read all of the responses then...

Edit: nevermind lwiens vape is the longest running vape among fc members, but not the longest running vape ever!

notmyrealUSERname,

lwien

For me, if longevity was at the top of my vape priority list, I would look for a vape that had no mechanical moving parts, no digital displays, no variable temp controllers and no glass. To me, logic would dictate that the more I can take out of the equation those things that "could" break, the better. Of course, if longevity was not at the top of my priority list, then "better" takes on a whole other dynamic. ;)

lwien,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
lwien said:
For me, if longevity was at the top of my vape priority list, I would look for a vape that had no mechanical moving parts, no digital displays, no variable temp controllers and no glass. To me, logic would dictate that the more I can take out of the equation those things that "could" break, the better. Of course, if longevity was not at the top of my priority list, then "better" takes on a whole other dynamic. ;)

Then why not get a wooden vaporgenie? You don't even have to plug it in!

notmyrealUSERname,

lwien

notmyrealUSERname said:
lwien said:

Then why not get a wooden vaporgenie? You don't even have to plug it in!

I agree. Why not? The VG was my very first vape. It sure does fit all the things I mentioned above, even though longevity was never at the top of my priority list.

One thing with the VG though. If you're not careful, soot can build up on the ceramic filter which really hinders the taste and performance and being that you really need to get your technique down so that this doesn't happen, new users have been known to ruin a few VG's in the process of learning.

lwien,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
I would definitely say any log vapes out there :) Iwien hit it on the nose with the comparison to other vapes that have more "breakable" parts, especially ones that move.

I just got a log and plan to have it for YEARS, lets see how long it lasts :p

Elluzion,

nicelytoasted

Vaked Chemist
I've been running a herbalaire as my daily driver for almost 4 years now, and it functions just as well now as when I first got it. Nothing loose and beefy power cord with strain relief. Superb flexibility, reliability, functionality & ruggedness, with variable temperature control and maximum extraction efficiency, and so easy to use.

nicelytoasted,

hunterthompson

Sorry if I wasn't clear in the original post. this is just out of curiosity and I was wondering which FC member had the longest lasting vape. I don't really trust theoretical time frames posted on the manufacturers website :lol:

hunterthompson,

scottio19

scotty
never had a vape break on me. while volcanoes ARE considered very durable, there are much less parts to break on simper vapes like the mflb and box vapes. so i think if any go first, it will be my beloved volcano :uhoh:

scottio19,

jaynick

mm my mflb my aromed my vapolution and my vaporbros box all broke. my newest and most solidly built one *so far* is my arizer xtreme 4.0, its been on like half the day for about a year no hiccups. lovin it. half the price of my aromed.

jaynick,
Top Bottom