How many bucks you'll spend on your first vaporizer battery?

How many bucks you'll spend on your first vaporizer battery?

• Total voters

David1984

Unapproved commercial account.
HI FC,

How many bucks you'll spend on your first vaporizer battery? And which brand of vaporizer battery you'll be suggested to the freshman?

Thanks

David1984,

HughJass

Since most of my battery’s are non replaceable, I’m technically paying like $200-400 a battery 🤡
But jokes aside, for 18650s, Maybe 20-40$. (Really closer to $20)
Lithium Polymer/phone style battery’s-really depends but definitely go for quality, maybe 40-59$.

what type of battery’s specifically?
And for what device?
(For a cheap vape, cheap batteries will probably do just fine, it would be a shame to kill and expensive vape with crappy batteries)
It’s honestly been a while since I had to buy replaceable batteries so I don’t really have a particular brand, but I do like to stick to the well know brands as a safer option (Sony, potentially Samsung, and whatever is currently the best performer while also being safe for the device)

HughJass,
Reactions: David1984

HyDrOpOnIc1987

Over on Reddit and EFC, theres a guy caled "the battery mooch" and he does battery tests. Ill see if i can find a link. Is it against forum rules to link to another forum if its to provide good needed info?

This is the link to Battery Mooch's battery database. I linked to another forum as its where i access it.

Edited: typo and added link to Battery Mooch's battery database. If this isnt allowed, i apologize. Battery safety is incredibly important and as I am a nicotine vaper, i am mildly versed in battery safety and knew where to find the database for a ton of different brand, sizes or batteries used in vaporizers and other electronics. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

HyDrOpOnIc1987

Agreed, Molicel is one of the best most reliable 18650. Cant remember their 21700 cell, buts its also a good one for that size as well. From what i remember, Sony, Samsung, Molicel are the top 3 brands for 18650s. Make sure to buy from a reputable vendor though as some will rewrap crap cells with quality brand wraps.

HyDrOpOnIc1987,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I had assumed from the question this was asking about 510 batteries for carts. I have never cared for calling these little rechargeable pen things a "battery", but manufacturers and shops disagree with me.

However the answers on this thread make me think I got this wrong.

HyDrOpOnIc1987

I had assumed from the question this was asking about 510 batteries for carts. I have never cared for calling these little rechargeable pen things a "battery", but manufacturers and shops disagree with me.

However the answers on this thread make me think I got this wrong.
You may be right, but at least in my case I'm throwing out as much info about rechargeable cells as i can just in case. :)

HyDrOpOnIc1987,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
Hehehe I haven't done the math but I bought 56 EBL 2800mah AA for 19.99 with free shipping factory direct. My MFLB is set for quite so time.

Babylon Drifter,
Reactions: Unibonger

77carrera3

whatever the cost of 4 molicel P26 & a nitecore charger, around $65

Last edited:
77carrera3,

Vaporware

I think most of the good 510s for cartridges are in the $20-$60 range…I haven’t found one that I don’t have complaints about yet, but the most important thing to me is being able to use low voltage.

Adjustable voltage is good to have too, but I’m just using the 1.8v “pre-heat” option on the Yocan Uni Pro and occasionally the lowest normal setting of 2v. That’s enough for me, and anything too far above that just gets harsh and unpleasant to me.

I do like draw sensing if it’s an option, but if you don’t also have a button to manually fire it you might need another device with a button in case the cartridge gets clogged.

Top Bottom