How long does THC stay in your system?

ginolicious

I strongly disagree with saliva testing for THC. Funny how it’s all about THC and brings nothing up about CBD.

I bring up CBD because in Canada with it soon to be legalized they are pushing these breathalyzer units to tell if THC is on saliva. If I vape some nice fatty CBD weed with minimal THC and then drive an hour later, nothing will come up.

ginolicious,

cascades

I think the basic assumption: CBD is not considered psychoactive or something that impairs driving.

I personally think CDB _is_ mildly psychoactive. I certainly feel more relaxed after ingesting CBD.

I have not seen any tests on CBD and driving impairment.

What do you mean when you say you disagree with saliva testing?

I strongly disagree with saliva testing for THC. Funny how it’s all about THC and brings nothing up about CBD.

I bring up CBD because in Canada with it soon to be legalized they are pushing these breathalyzer units to tell if THC is on saliva. If I vape some nice fatty CBD weed with minimal THC and then drive an hour later, nothing will come up.

cascades,

ginolicious

I struggle to see how saliva testing can show THC and signs of impairment. After how long are you impaired. There is no actual value

ginolicious,

grampa_herb

Epstein didn't kill himself
For those of us still in states where there is a drug test for employment can benefit from this very resourceful guide with a lot of insights for heavy smokers and beginners.

Enjoy: https://internationalhighlife.com/how-long-does-weed-stay-your-system/
Interesting.

I've done the herbal tea method 4 times and passed all.

Once I had to do a swab-test for insurance purposes. I used an insurance agent my parents knew. He actually asked me if I used pot and I said I had taken an odd toke at a party a couple weeks earlier. I did pass but chalked it up to the benevolence of the agent, but according to that article that may not have been the case.

Also did one blood test for life insurance. A Russian lady administered the test. I spent a week in her home town once and we had a great time talking and laughing. I feel pretty sure she helped me out that one. :)

grampa_herb,

Vaporware

Interesting.

I've done the herbal tea method 4 times and passed all.

Once I had to do a swab-test for insurance purposes. I used an insurance agent my parents knew. He actually asked me if I used pot and I said I had taken an odd toke at a party a couple weeks earlier. I did pass but chalked it up to the benevolence of the agent, but according to that article that may not have been the case.

Also did one blood test for life insurance. A Russian lady administered the test. I spent a week in her home town once and we had a great time talking and laughing. I feel pretty sure she helped me out that one. :)

Since swab and blood are the two where it shows up for the least amount of time, if you had taken a day or two off (even 6 hours for the swab) you were probably fine without help. If you hit something on the way in, then maybe they were helping you out. ;)

Generally though, the people taking samples are not the people testing them or reporting results, so unless they switched samples they probably couldn’t have helped you anyway.

Tranquility

Here's the study that the cannabis breathalyzer will be based upon.

http://clinchem.aaccjnls.org/content/early/2019/07/11/clinchem.2019.304501

Abstract
BACKGROUND: Cannabis use results in impaired driving and an increased risk of motor vehicle crashes. Cannabinoid concentrations in blood and other matrices can remain high long after use, prohibiting the differentiation between acute and chronic exposure. Exhaled breath has been proposed as an alternative matrix in which concentrations may more closely correspond to the window of impairment; however, efficient capture and analytically sensitive detection methods are required for measurement.

METHODS: Timed blood and breath samples were collected from 20 volunteers before and after controlled administration of smoked cannabis. Cannabinoid concentrations were measured using LC-MS/MS to determine release kinetics and correlation between the 2 matrices.

RESULTS: Δ9-Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) was detected in exhaled breath for all individuals at baseline through 3 h after cannabis use. THC concentrations in breath were highest at the 15-min timepoint (median = 17.8 pg/L) and declined to <5% of this concentration in all participants 3 h after smoking. The decay curve kinetics observed for blood and breath were highly correlated within individuals and across the population.

CONCLUSIONS: THC can be reliably detected throughout the presumed 3-h impairment window following controlled administration of smoked cannabis. The findings support breath THC concentrations as representing a physiological process and are correlated to blood concentrations, albeit with a shorter window of detection.

• Received for publication March 14, 2019.
  • Accepted for publication June 18, 2019.

Tranquility,
Reactions: bossman

vapenerd

I bring up CBD because in Canada with it soon to be legalized...
Wait, what? Is CBD weed not legal in Canada? Why? Funny. Where I live you can get CBD buds with like 25% CBD and <1% THC but everything with >1% THC is banned.

vapenerd,

Vaporware

Wait, what? Is CBD weed not legal in Canada? Why? Funny. Where I live you can get CBD buds with like 25% CBD and <1% THC but everything with >1% THC is banned.

I believe all cannabis flower is legal in Canada now, but it wasn’t yet at the time he posted.

Vaporware,
Reactions: vapenerd
Top Bottom