How Long Do Concentrates Stay Potent?

jay87

So I'm curious if anyone has any experience with the length of time concentrates will stay good for?

I know personally I've kept concentrates in sealed containers in dark dry places for say 3-4 months with no noticeable drop in quality, but that's as long as I've ever had them last before they end up getting used :lol:. I would think they could've been kept for much longer in the same conditions though, but that's just personal conjecture.

Anyone have any idea about the maximum amount of time you could keep concentrates like wax, shatter, sap, oil, etc. before noticing a loss of quality?

jay87,

Wizsteve

Depends on storage need to avoid heat and light avoid those like keep in the freezer well i would say forever. Place in vacuum pack bags and remove all air now you have a controlled environment.can even toss in a few keep dry packs. ((raid a few shoe boxes lol)) this will ensure moisture has a place to go if any is left to go in or out.

Wizsteve,

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
If you are gonna vacuum seal, I would not recommend putting anything from a shoe box or anywhere else in with the oil. When you apply the vacuum ,you run the risk of off gassing from whatever you added, thereby contaminating your oil or ruining the flavor. Remember, that water can boil at room temperature in a vacuum. Other more volatile compounds may boil off even at the slight vacuum from a sealer. :2c::science:

jay87

So I've read that materials like plastic or silicone are actually bad to store concentrates in as the terpenes in the concentrate interact with those materials in negative ways?

Is this true, and how does this affect concentrate storage in the popular small silicone jars for example?

jay87,

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
So I've read that materials like plastic or silicone are actually bad to store concentrates in as the terpenes in the concentrate interact with those materials in negative ways?
I hope it isn't the case as I just bought some no-goo silicon storage containers :shrug::hmm:

nogoo-containers.jpg

Why would they sell them for storing concentrates if they aren't fit for purpose?

Anyone?

1DMF,

420time

It should be fine as long as its the platinum cured ones. The normal silicone containers kind of leech the smell and flavor after a while.

420time,
Top Bottom