How is M.A.P. Pricing determined?

JDUB619

Does anyone know how they figure out the retail pricing on these Vaporizers?

For example, I purchased a Hot Box Vaporizer at my local smoke shop for $150 aka MAP pricing according to the salesmen. However, now I can look on amazon & find my same unit for $105.

I know all of the main online retailers have a price match policy, I think Got Vape's Price Match is the easiest, but why don't they just make the Amazon price the MAP?

JDUB619,

max

Out to lunch
A lot of sellers on Amazon or eBay aren't really authorized resellers for that product. Sometimes it makes a difference in whether you get a manf. warranty or not. When in doubt contact the manuf. and ask.

I think Got Vape's Price Match is the easiest, but why don't they just make the Amazon price the MAP?
I don't know that Gotvape will match a price that you can get from several dealers that offer FC discounts of 10-15%. http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/retailer-discussion-discounts.1802/

There is no "Amazon price" on vapes. There are resellers and/or distributors that sell there for less than the price that the manuf. wants the product sold for. The manuf. doesn't always have the control over retail pricing that they'd like to have. You can get a particular vape cheaper there sometimes, but you may also end up with no warranty from the vape maker. That's why you need to ask what their policy is if you want both the best price and a solid warranty.

max,

JDUB619

That makes a lot more sense, basically these resellers are not sticking to the set price put forth by the manuf.

JDUB619,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
exactly the case, warranty repairs are a lot higher than normal on these sort of products so they need to have a pretty big margin built into the prices to be able to cover their asses.

CentiZen,

SD_haze

A lot of sellers on Amazon or eBay aren't really authorized resellers for that product. Sometimes it makes a difference in whether you get a manf. warranty or not. When in doubt contact the manuf. and ask.

I don't know that Gotvape will match a price that you can get from several dealers that offer FC discounts of 10-15%. http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/retailer-discussion-discounts.1802/

There is no "Amazon price" on vapes. There are resellers and/or distributors that sell there for less than the price that the manuf. wants the product sold for. The manuf. doesn't always have the control over retail pricing that they'd like to have. You can get a particular vape cheaper there sometimes, but you may also end up with no warranty from the vape maker. That's why you need to ask what their policy is if you want both the best price and a solid warranty.
Looks like the gotvape price match definitely exceeds the FC discount, but maybe not on all the vapes.

First I tried a WISPR @ 20% discount -- accepted
Then I tried a Extreme-Q @ 30% discount -- accepted
Was feeling ballsy so I tried an original iolite @ 40% and got a rejection :(

Whats pretty weird about the price match thing, is you have a 5 minute countdown timer after you enter in a value, otherwise it expires. (keeps counting down all the way to the end of the transaction)

SD_haze,

max

Out to lunch
Good prices, but that's not price matching, which is matching or beating another seller's price, and it normally has to be confirmed, since they're not just gonna take a prospective buyer's word for it.

What you're describing is what you see on some eBay auctions- 'make an offer', and the seller will either accept or decline.

max,

SD_haze

Good prices, but that's not price matching, which is matching or beating another seller's price, and it normally has to be confirmed, since they're not just gonna take a prospective buyer's word for it.

What you're describing is what you see on some eBay auctions- 'make an offer', and the seller will either accept or decline.
I did think it was weird you didn't need to confirm the price match, but if you did enter a price that was lower than they were willing to accept, they gave a form/phone # to use if you are indeed able to give a specific price match.

When you compare the "making an offer" aspect to the ebay auctions, are you just using that as a comparison of how it works, or that the warranty could possibly be invalid because you're paying too little?

SD_haze,

max

Out to lunch
the warranty could possibly be invalid because you're paying too little?
If you're buying from an on-line dealer that's solid (like our recommended dealers) and has been around a long time, I'm sure you get the manuf. warranty for any product you buy. Where you get iffy with the warranty is buying on eBay or Amazon, where SOME manufacturers won't honor the warranty if you buy from some of the low ball sellers there.

max,
Top Bottom