How have your consumption habits changed since vaporizing?

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
It kind of hit me today as to how drastically my consumption habits have changed since I gave up combustion over a year ago.

When I combusted, my norm was mids. Not schwag mids, but not the greatest in the world mids either. When I got some of the 'good stuff' it was a small amount, and it was only on those 'special occasions' as it was quite a bit more expensive for a whole lot less.

I used to love to roll joints and smoke them as they were portable and there was 'nothing left' to be discovered afterwords. But they stunk. And they made me stink. From there, I (re)fell in love with my pipe. Used less than with smoking joints and it stunk a helluva lot less.

FFWD to the world of vaping. Of course we all know that vaping tastes 1000% better than combustion any day of the week. On top of that, it is rather conservative by contrast to burning. Which gets me to my point that I thought of earlier. Nowdays, even mids are a thing of the past. Most everything I get nowdays is high-upper-class mids (although in my circles it would be considered killer) or the straight top shelf shit (when I can find it) Especially because I know this same small amount will last me 3x as long as if I burned it.

There are even occasions in where I grow BORED with my 'high end' shit, and thats when it gets kinda depressing :/ I guess the next logical step will be to grow my own when it finally gets closer to legal.

So my question is - Have you always been accustomed to getting top shelf? Or just mids? Have your tastes changed since vaping, or are you pretty much on par with how you were when combusting (now with a different tool)

AGBeer,

OO

Technical Skeptical
my habits have hardly, i still only buy what i like, but now i buy indicas too, because i can control the ratios with variable temp vaping.

OO,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
My usage has consistently decreased over the years. When I was combusting, I used about a gram a day. Now, I am using a gram a week. This was constantly using high grade herb, not mids.

Vicki,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Vicki said:
My usage has consistently decreased over the years. When I was combusting, I used about a gram a day. Now, I am using a gram a week. This was constantly using high grade herb, not mids.

Pretty much my exact situation only some weeks I'll use 2 grams when I don't particularly care about my tolerance never going down. 1 gram on weeks when I feel bad about having a high tolerance. Either way my tolerance stays the same so lately it's been 2 grams a week.

Nothing like the 1 gram a night EVERY night for years and years while combusting. I don't even think about the cost of weed anymore because it used to be so expensive that no matter what I use now it is pennies compared to then. I can vape far more often and still use a fraction of the bud.

Headies the whole time in both scenarios. I vaped a friends KB for the first time in years and I have to say while I appreciated a new taste, I am not planning on getting the cheap stuff ever.

darkrom,

mlo4sho

Consumption dropped greatly. Went from smoking a gram in one session (rolled in a cigar) to having a gram last me a week, if I wanted it to. Not to mention the taste, oh man. Most of the time I'm getting good bud, though I wouldn't say the same as the medical quality stuff some of the FC members can get. I haven't tried lower grade in the vape, yet, but I did notice the better the bud the almost exponentially better it gets in the vape. I'm not sure how much of a difference vaping lower grade would make. I can get kind bud/dro (what they call it around here) but usually just stick to the "headies". Perhaps one day I will try some of the lower stuff in the vape, since I can get a good amount for a good price (what you californians would probably call 'mids' :/ ) How do you guys classify your bud? Around where I live it's usually mids, then KB/dro, then the higher grade stuff we call piff or sometimes just headies (I don't make the names :rolleyes: ) Curious to what mids are like for you all. Mids around here almost always denotes decent, middle grade quality most likely with seeds. The kb/dro I refer to is nice and crystally with orange hairs, but with no seeds or distinct smell/taste. Enough rambling, fuck combustion. :peace:

mlo4sho,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I find that I, too use a lot less since converting to vaping full-time. I know that I medicate more often now that the stench of smoke is no longer a factor, but I still find that I go through less bud. I only get quality meds from my dispensary, so I can't really speak to the variations of quality herb.
:peace:

Stu,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Ahhh yes! I forgot about the KNOWLEDGE aspect that I gained from it as well!

Honestly, before I started with vaping there were 2 kinds of weed.
Killer and Mids. (Schwag would fall loosely into the mids category)

I was familiar with the terms 'Indica' and 'Sativa' (Hell, I had a cat I named Sativa) but seriously I thought they were just both 'scientific slangs' for the same plant. Holy fuck have I done some serious crash course osmosis learning about my beloved plant! Ive always known on some level its about much more than the 'high', I just never imagined that I would get this 'connisseur(ish)' with it all :)

Its a great feeling :brow:

AGBeer,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I seem to be the exception around here. I use about twice as much weed now as I was when I was still burning it. And that takes me tons of restrain, I would love to vape a lot more then that if I could only justify spending that much money on weed to myself.
I'm only 3 months in though, so there's still hope I hope :)

I blame it on the joints I'm transferring from. Just smoking Mary Jane rolled in a paper or through a pipe could never really satisfy me when I still smoked. I always mixed it with tobacco, which I quit using entirely when I started vaporizing. Using the tobacco also became my method of conservation, when I was low on MJ I just mixed in a little more tobacco and voila. I still feel a little lost without that way of conserving MJ now, but growing a little more willpower isn't necessarily a bad thing I guess. I just hope this hunger inside of me goes away eventually.

OhTheAgony,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Not to derail my own thread :p But do you still use nicotine/tobacco?

I just recently quit smoking cigars (again) but almost felt as if my high wasnt 'complete' unless I had a cigar right after. (I swear its the fucking nicotine...) The nicotine might be what you are missing and making it more difficult. :( Try an e-cig in conjunction? LOL Or try several different strains if you can to help keep you in the zone.

Nicotine fucking sucks man... Cocaine aint got nothing on nicotine Rick.

AGBeer,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
No more tobacco, but I've started using an e-cig about a month after I started vaporizing :)

It helps a lot, I'm pretty sure I would've gone back to smoking joints without my trusty Ego-T. Before I got it I needed about 3 times the amount of weed I use to smoke instead of two to get where I wanted to be. I don't even need to use it that much, 2 to 3 ml of PG juice with 8mg's of nicotine a week is where I'm at now. That's about one hit on every 2 SSV hits for me :lol:

OhTheAgony,

djonkoman

the kind of weed hasn't really changed, the amount has
before starting vaping and now I mainly vape/smoke my own grown outdoorweed, altough I'm only growing for 2 years so the quality is already increased last harvest, and hopefully will lso increase coming harvest
but if I buy(rarely) it has always been the same, the potency is probably what would be called dank/dro/topshelf in the US, but I like my own grown(with less ptency) more because the coffeeshopweed is often not properly flushed(wich is even better noticable in the vape, once I had some that was just as hard on my thoroat in my vape as smoke would be, eventually I mixed it with own harvest to make it bareable)
and most weed you buy here are standard commercial strains, wich are mostly indica and anything that is indica dom with the indica couchlock effect can't get me high(if I'm by myself)

djonkoman,

sunsett70

i have been using less since vaping, and i use brick weed. after i got my dbv, i was initially using more cause of the testing, novelty value and what not. now though, i think my usage may be slightly more than half of what i was using when i smoked. even less when i mix the herb with blue lotus or damiana, or when i use the modded dbv dome screen. can't wait to try with the mini wand when (if) i get it!

sunsett70,

Nycdeisel

I have become a bit more picky with things in some ways(if you want to call it picky, anyway) like I always try to get the best bud possible, I use a lot less, and therefore am able to use more often, which is not always a good thing :lol:

I buy a lot less though, at a time, then I did when I was mainly smoking. so in volume, and in weight, I use a lot less herb.

Nycdeisel,
Top Bottom