How do you define health?

Nosferatu

I agree with OO and Sessnet that vaping CAN be more harmfull than smoke. People say there are carcinogens in the plant that vaporize off at a certain temp, so anything but low temp vaping is counter productive to your health. Well I disagree, there are "carcinogens" in almost everything, the skins of fruits and vegetables, and half the shit we eat. Before anyone here discovered vaping you were probably all raving about the healthiest way to smoke and why its not bad. Inhaling anything is gonna be bad, so its a question of "do the positives outweigh the negatives." Vaping is like making a cold brewed coffee overnight to avoid the cancer causing carcinogens of a hot brew. But either way is arguably healthy. Smoking weed has never caused anyone cancer so I think people need to realize vaping is only slightly healthier than smoking, and it still depends on factors like ythe persons current state of health.

Edit: VWFringe, whats this lack of dopamine you speak of, do you mean the inability to get pleasure out of things?

Nosferatu,

crawdad

floatin
I'll continue to listen to my body as to which is healthier.

that sums it up pretty well for me, along with many hours of reading online of course. i take this course in all things related to putting things into my body be it water, food, vapor or knowledge.

i consider health to not only be that function by which life is extended (typical to show of proof of health in our society) but also to that which enlightens and expands the usefulness and expression of life.

crawdad,

vape4life

Banned for life
Smoking weed has never caused anyone cancer so I think people need to realize vaping is only slightly healthier than smoking, and it still depends on factors like ythe persons current state of health.

Highly disagree with that statement. Vaping is miles healthier than smoking... how can it not be when 95% of the tar and carcinogens are eliminated?

vape4life,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
People need to realize that cancer is not the only ilness caused by smoking.. there is COPD, wheezing, coughing, and much more. Combusting any substance, whether it is your steak, your toast or your herb will result in the formation of tar and carcinogenics that bring health complications.

So, maybe cannabis smoke does not cause cancer like tobacco does, because of the properties of the plant itself. That is not the same as saying it is innocuos on your body.

I am much better since i stopped combusting tobacco or joints and only vaped.

No more coughing, shortness of breath, bad smells, wheezing, and that feeling of ansiety when i needed to smoke, although the ansiety was due to nicotine.

The difference is not slightly, is a 95% change, minus 5% if you don't use water filtration and are a former smoker. :2c:

vorrange,

Nosferatu

Highly disagree with that statement. Vaping is miles healthier than smoking... how can it not be when 95% of the tar and carcinogens are eliminated?

I agree vaping is healthier but the way everyone smokes and vapes isn't the same. And I wouldn't say 95% healthier, besides wheres the research.

People need to realize that cancer is not the only ilness caused by smoking.. there is COPD, wheezing, coughing, and much more. Combusting any substance, whether it is your steak, your toast or your herb will result in the formation of tar and carcinogenics that bring health complications.

So does that mean we shouldn't eat these things? No, because the health benefits far outweigh the negatives, besides everything has small amounts of "carcinogens", fruit, vegetables, meat, almost everything. Just because the EPA or whatever the fuck organizations label an organic chemical toxic in high amounts, doesn't mean the chemical in small amounts is bad. The body gets rid of these types of minor toxins in a day or two. I still think one man can have better overall health including the lungs while smoking compared to a man who only vapes, it would depend who leads the healthier life(diet, exercise, environment, toxicity...etc) But I agree the heavy daily user might as well vape because it seems about twice as efficient and smoking heavy everyday will catch up to most people like you said(COPD, wheezing, or just coughing). But I have had wheezing when I had been exclusively vaping in the past, so IME its not HARMLESS. To the people experiencing harsh vapor that makes you feel ill; clean your equipment, get a water adapter if you don't have one, cut the whip SHORT, and find that perfect temp where you get milky hit after hit but dont get any popcorn taste, and blow hits out almost immediately.

Nosferatu,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Nosferatu, i did not say we should not eat these things, don't read into what is not there.
I was just stating a fact, people get often concerned about cancer and are relieved that cannabis is being said to not provoke cancer unlike tobacco, and forget there are other issues that combusting brings.
I also said the same about using moisture i.e. some water adapter so i think we are on the same page about this.

About the 95% change, it is from my own personal experience, all my combustion problems vanished in less than a month after only vaping coupled with exercise and good sleep and good meals.

vorrange,
Top Bottom