how do you deal with the pain of the wait?

almost there

As an amateur vaporist the wait and and suspense about when your first purchase will arrive is both exciting and agonizing. For 2 weeks I paced nonstop checking my email every 10 minutes and then finally listening by the door for every footstep that goes by when delivery day arrives. This process was repeated a few times and it got no easier. With some experience under my belt and a few toys in the drawer already I still find my "I have to have it now!" attitude hasn't changed and the painful wait is no more bearable. How do all you vets with whole collections deal with the wait? Does anyone have a personal anecdote or method in coping with this recurrent discomfort?

almost there

I do know one thing that doesn't help and that's following the thread on FC of the purchase you've just made, lol. Every post about a problem filled me with dread and every photo of the product filled me with longing. It is the worse kind of tease but it helps pass the time too so I'll keep with this method until someone offers a better solution.;)

Squiby

As soon as I get the much anticipated shipping notification, I try to get busy, with anything, doing anything.

Try to forget that it is making its way to you. Clean out the garage, prune some houseplants, get into your stash with other vapes. Rearrange closets, get out and about. Sprout some seeds. Plan a garden.

Try to forget about it and the delight you experience when you discover that your special package has finally been delivered will be that much more intense and pleasurable. Sort of like a surprise present!

Or you can compulsively check your tracking notification, refreshing it constantly and make the whole process seem longer than it actually is.

blackstone

I've had funny ones where I've tracked the package going to the wrong country, then back to them, then to me!

I'm not bad with the waiting now, but I do get a fear of missing a delivery. Especially if it's a nice vape and the weekend is coming or some holiday!

Ricardo

Waiting for OmniVap + DynaStash - unreasonably hoping it would arrive in just a few days although I know standard post from USA to Europe is going to take 2 - 3 weeks at best - more if it's held up at customs... Making an effort to be at home for when the postman arrives, not going to the gym because of this. :nope::shrug::doh::ugh:

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
Still waiting on a device I paid for... 18 months ago I think? I was even told by the manufacturer it would be ready to ship about a year ago, then he decided the device wasn't catching on enough and decided to work on a simpler device that seemed to be catching on more... to hopefully eventually fund the rest of the device I and others paid for....

I flipped out on learning about that, with the obvious result...

So I learned the hard way how to wait here indefinitely at that time.

Either you are patient, and things hopefully arrive, at which point, you are finally (hopefully) allowed to be happy... Or you freak out, get your money back, lose respect on these forums, and get nothing in return....

And that my friend, is how you deal with the wait!

Last edited:

almost there

thanks for all the input everyone. In any case my FC-188 freshly arrived from China today, yay! The waiting for this wasn't so bad at all, my confirmation email estimated delivery to be at the end of the month so I had completely at the back of my mind. Well, no more new toys for a while. It's time I start putting away my money again for more serious goals or till the next best thing comes out. With any luck I won't be dealing with the emotional ups and downs of buying a new vape for a while, there'll be time to build up that anticipation again.

almost there

^^^^^ Famous last words...... Good luck with that! :lol: :cool: :rockon: :ko: :p :D ;) :cool: :rockon: :ko: :p :nod: :ko: ;) :tup: :ugh: :cool: :D :lol: :rockon: :ko: :p :D ;) :cool:
Ha, @Squiby, you were right again, my first water piece came in this week. We were searching for bubblers around the same time and we had similar specifications about size and simplicity, did you ever buy your piece? Well as I have mentioned I finally got mine. Having tried the vapcap thru water I must say I have very mixed feelings about it. Though I enjoyed the cooler vapor it required way more lung power to take a draw and there is a very big drop in flavor. Overall I have to say it's not something I'll be using overly much. I don't know how long the average person goes before changing the water but I found the odor unpleasant enough where I would empty it out after each "session" however short it is.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The water tool cools the vapor with any vaporizer but there is a trade off. You trade the cooler vapor with higher temperatures for less flavor. I usually wait to use a water tool until evening when I use higher temps for sleep and pain.

I don't have a lot of glass just a couple DHgate pieces, 2 water tubes and a Hydrobomb for the EVO but it works with other vaporizers. I also have a couple j hooks from @PlanetVape. I use the j hooks more often and they don't steal the flavor.

almost there

The water tool cools the vapor with any vaporizer but there is a trade off. You trade the cooler vapor with higher temperatures for less flavor. I usually wait to use a water tool until evening when I use higher temps for sleep and pain.

I don't have a lot of glass just a couple DHgate pieces, 2 water tubes and a Hydrobomb for the EVO but it works with other vaporizers. I also have a couple j hooks from @PlanetVape. I use the j hooks more often and they don't steal the flavor.
What about cleaning habits? Is it typical to use fresh water after every bowl? I'm not sure if I'm too finicky but after the one bowlful I find the water too stinky to use again, is there a method of keeping the glassware from accumulating odor? I clean it constantly but there's always a lingering smell.

almost there,
Reactions: Squiby

almost there

Keep yourself occupied. Think about other things. I know it's hard. And track the damn package every 5 minutes to see where it's traveling haha.
every 5 mins? u are a patient man, my finger never stops clicking refresh on the tracking page:shrug:

almost there,
Reactions: Squiby

ginolicious

Ah it'll get here soon. And when it does you will be very happy. The worst part is charging of batteries and doing burn offs. That drove me nuts with my Haze V3.

ginolicious,

Katnip

I'm hurting from the wait to even click the "buy" button for my VapCap M. Today I have ONE MORE WEEK to go and I'm fucking pumped but I'm also fucking anxious and I want it yesterday and I do NOT. DO. NOT. want my mother to get curious about the package. Which means I'll be leaving a trail of fire from the door to my room when it comes. ......because. Even though she's usually okie dokie about not opening other peoples' shit, I wouldn't be surprised if she had to choose that one. That's my biggest fear about this purchase--discovery.

virtualpurple

I too am agonizing right now. Waiting for a MVT, a used Tubo I snagged off the classifieds, and the slew of vapcap products I ordered to celebrate my independence.

The MVT and vapcaps I think I can slowly integrate into the house unnoticed, as the MVT looks similar enough to my Milaanas that my girlfriend will likely not notice the differences. The tubo however will be harder to sneak in!

Like @Katnip I will be very prompt in trying to get to the mailbox first!

almost there

I too am agonizing right now. Waiting for a MVT, a used Tubo I snagged off the classifieds, and the slew of vapcap products I ordered to celebrate my independence.

The MVT and vapcaps I think I can slowly integrate into the house unnoticed, as the MVT looks similar enough to my Milaanas that my girlfriend will likely not notice the differences. The tubo however will be harder to sneak in!

Enjoy all your new toys, let me know how u like that tubo, been eyeing that but I picked up a Mi instead

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
As many have said, getting busy with something else can help. Or, order something (hopefully a little more practical) from Amazon to get some of the jonesing for the mailman out of your system.

Best thing to do? Get vaped and go enjoy something - be it a hike, your fav fishing hole, or just some good tunes!

Think you'll love the MVT. Is very much like the Mi, but I like MVT a little better because it is a bit more refined. You don't get the huge vape wallops you do from the Mi, but find it much easier to control heat and hits.

Surely will do! I am interested to compare it with Zion and the Project, I snagged @Zow237's unit...but the wait is killing me! I am hoping it'll surprise me in the next few days.

Zion...... UGH, a whole different thing here. Hoping mine is to me very soon, as I heard it was due to be completed this past weekend. Still anxiously awaiting the email confirmation it has shipped. Who knows with Ryan, though? May show up in the mailbox first!

flotntoke,
Reactions: KeroZen
Top Bottom