How do i make 18mm Bowl Screens?

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Do you guys know the old style Milaana screens? Not the rimmed ones but the screens that fit internally in the stem. Would like to be able to make them.

I use them at the top of the stem to hold hemp fiber. Someone used to sell a punch to make them, (maybe 420 edc?) but cant see that anymore. Living in the UK its a long way to ship when your just buying screens.

Anyone have any hints tips to make them? Starting screen size? Something to mold them round?

Cheers

little maggie

Do you guys know the old style Milaana screens? Not the rimmed ones but the screens that fit internally in the stem. Would like to be able to make them.

I use them at the top of the stem to hold hemp fiber. Someone used to sell a punch to make them, (maybe 420 edc?) but cant see that anymore. Living in the UK its a long way to ship when your just buying screens.

Anyone have any hints tips to make them? Starting screen size? Something to mold them round?

Cheers

Here's a link to the press
https://delta3dstudios.com/basket-screen-press-bp465/

Flower of empathy

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
Accessory Maker
Cheap DIY solution would be to drill a hole with the needed diameter through a piece of wood, lay screen on top and push/hammer it through with a bolt (smaller diameter than hole, to leave room for the screen)
To get rounded bottoms it needs something with a rounded top, maybe a pen...

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Cheers little maggie. Ill consider getting this. However it makes the screens with a flat top. Anyone know how to make the round ones?
Just grab a pen and a screen. Place the screen on your palm. Then use the blunt back end of the pen as a forming tool, applying gentle pressure while you move it in circles over the screen. It should form a very nice dome shape after a few passes.

There’s no need for fancy presses.

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Thanks all. This is all super helpfull. Think ill try the hole in a piece of wood idea to get the basic shape and finish with some manual moulding.

That is the best screen size to use?

oddjobold,

sickmanfraud

After using @DDave screens for a few months I just got the screen press from Delta3dstudios.

The screens are formed using 1 inch flat round screens. Unlike the rimmed basket screens, these are single use and disposed of. Which does not mean dispose of after 1 usage, it means dispose of when fouled or it refuses to stay where I want it.

I then wash the used screens in ethanol to reclaim any cannabinoids before disposal.

So far, It seems that the screens have more "spring" in the sides when freshly made, which makes placement in the stem easier.

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: DDave
Top Bottom