How about some "Completed" or "Answered" flair for Ask FC?

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I'm not staff and not trying to poll or do anything semi-official, it's just that over the years I've noticed a lot of people posting to Ask FC threads that are effectively closed/solved.

With the vape threads it makes sense for them to just get sorted by activity, but with the Ask FC thread an OP will return to say something like "thanks for everyone's advice! I bought a vapcap" and it'll groundhog day the whole topic when users see the thread (now effectively Completed) promoted to the top.

This happens to threads that are years old sometimes and you can't even chime in to say "hey guys, this isn't a live question for anyone anymore" because your post will just bump the thread and helpful new replies are even more apt to follow.

Not complaining of course: the flair on the Classifieds sub just seemed like it might sidestep some of this misunderstanding.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
This is the sort of idea that belongs in Community Discussion and should tag @vtac.

pakalolo,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Fair point. To some extent it's an age-old forum dilemma. Some feel that old threads should never be bumped. On the other hand, useful discussions can and do take place when an old thread is "brought back from the dead". While we have sometimes moved threads to the ABV section, generally speaking it's not a priority.

In the future we may try out some new features such as voting on the best answer and/or allowing the thread starter to choose the best answer. Ask FC seems like the place to do it.

Top Bottom