Homemade vape carts

tokenknifeguy

Anyone have any success with it? I'm wanting to give it a try as I have some extract, crumble and wax (thinking of doing my own BHO extraction), that I wouldn't mind putting in a vape cart. I'm pretty new to this, but seen where you add some drops of some terpenes or other stuff to get the extract more liquidy for the cart. Anyone with personal experience on which is the better method? Also I've seen where you want to decarb the extract beforehand too. Any other tips or recommended products would be appreciated.

tokenknifeguy,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

DillGaff

You do know that it is pretty dangerous messing around making hash oil with butane at home?

BHO can be unhealthy due to solvent leftovers in the final product.

It is also one of the most dangerous concentrates to make because of Butane’s flammability.

Remember to stay safe and practice safety precautions while performing the process.

DillGaff,
Reactions: shredder

3illmesmart

I got the "Wax" kit. You add their juice to your product, just thins it out. Terpenes would be the way to go, but I haven't tried it yet.

3illmesmart,

cptofnthng

Ive tried some different combinations two years ago.
Rosin+terps+peg, Rosin+liquidizer+terps, Rosin+liquidizer.
I used 4 dollar atomizers. the taste starts good, but got progressively worse and there is always some chemical sidetaste, because of that liquidizer, which had PEG i think. Ive never tried using the atomizers more than once. They clog fast. But it was too much of a hassle compared to the outcome and taste overall.

There was a product called pyur thinner that was supposedly tastes neutral.

I ended up with vaping weed, not carts and never looked back.

tokenknifeguy

Yes I have heard of the pyru thinner but not sure which is the best to use. I would be leaning terpenes to dilute with. I also do like to vape weed which is my main method of consumption but a vape cart would prove to be the most discrete and easily portable. Plus needing less hits since it is an extract. I'm mainly wanting this for work to take a quick hit or two when I got time.

florduh

I tried and gave up. My best efforts weren't as good as cheap carts.

I think @invertedisdead had some luck.

I was gonna say. Haven't tried it yet because hash rosin is too expensive here, but his method makes perfect sense to me. Why add terps to a concentrate that's already clocking in at 9+% terpenes? Just do a low temp decarb. You'll lose some terps in the process but you got plenty to play with. I've theorized you could do the decarb in a sealed glass syringe, submerged in water to retain terps. But I've never tried it.

Here's how a company does it:

cptofnthng

Why add terps to a concentrate that's already clocking in at 9+% terpenes?

Here's how a company does it:

I think its simple, you wont be able to put pure rosin up a syringe and its too solid to be taken up by cotton filled coils. It needs a certain viscosity (not sure If that is the right term, i mean "liquidness").

florduh

I think its simple, you wont be able to put pure rosin up a syringe and its too solid to be taken up by cotton filled coils. It needs a certain viscosity (not sure If that is the right term, i mean "liquidness"

You get the right viscosity by decarbing. Not by adding more, likely non-cannabis derived, terps to hash rosin. HR is already very terpy.

Now if you’re taking about flower rosin, don’t think that’s ideal for carts anyway.

Top Bottom