Hitting the genie...

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
I haven't hit the VG for a few days. I get such nice big hits off the VD I have decided the VG is for outings and travel. But its late ... and the wife has gone to bed ... and the VD was turned off an hour ago. So I grabbed my VG and jet lighter and ripped through three bowls. Instant vapor ... no burn. Fucken love it!

>>> emoticon war!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :uhoh: :tup: :ninja::uhoh::mad::mad::mad::lol: :uhoh:

:2c::2c::2c::2c::2c:

:o:o:o:o

:disgust::cool::disgust:

:spliff: :spliff:

:puke:

:leaf: :leaf:

:cheers:

vaporcloud,

ozwiz

owner Vaporiser World NOW live Australia
Sounds good never tried one your experience making me think of getting one . So very portable is a very big attraction .I was thinking maybe to easy to burn the herb . No worries in this dept. by the sound of it.:/

ozwiz,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Well ... it is easy to bun the herb especially using a torch ... it takes some practise to get it right. And then I burnt a bowl this arvo :( But it still beats my old protopipe coz I'm able to have vapping portability.

vaporcloud,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
ya I agree with you vapour_cloud the only whickness of the genie is that herb is easily burnable (when your new to the genie) and the lil sour taste ....but with practice both of those wichness are nt trouble !!

Enjoy the genie !!! nice lil wood pipe

Clear_Dome,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Just been hitting the VG again and this time just with the bic. And I say dont fuck around with a torch/jet lighter. :brow: The bic works just as well and its somewhat easier to control the heat and therefore prevent combustion. And torch lighters seem to be very unreliable :disgust: or maybe its just I keep buying the crap $5 ones :rolleyes: $1.95 for 2 bics, the VG and some sister mary and your good to go. Just maybe pack the jet lighter incase its windy :lol:

vaporcloud,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Yeah, a bic seems to be the easiest... relatively consistent flame that bends into the suction.

Still, I like the idea of using a torch... just seems cleaner in addition to the wind resistance. Still looking for a good one, willing to shell out some dough... here's some criteria it has to meet:

- ability to adjust the flame size to very small
- consistent flame size
- adjustment dial that can't be easily moved in your pocket, etc.
- piezoelectric ignition
- ability to operate properly upside down and comfortably with the VG

Also, I guess it makes sense to use some good butane like Colibri or Vector, don't need that rotten egg smell chemical in there.

vtac,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Yeah I agree. A good quality torch that is consistant would work. But man I just hit 2 bowls using the bic and the vapor was thick and tasty. I so wish I had this thing 10 years ago!!!

vaporcloud,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
vapor_cloud said:
Yeah I agree. A good quality torch that is consistant would work. But man I just hit 2 bowls using the bic and the vapor was thick and tasty. I so wish I had this thing 10 years ago!!!
Congrats on the 2000th post. :party:

vtac,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
party_4.gif

vaporcloud,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
My friend knows his shit when it comes to lighters and he told me to not waste my time with anything other than a Blazer torch lighter. They are durable and have plenty of bells and whistles. The one I want is about $35 online. Here's a link to it on ebay, but for more money.

http://www.amazon.com/Pocket-Torch-...5?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1213876757&sr=8-15

I've had two cheap torch lighters and they are just that...cheap and break easily.

stickstones,

max

Out to lunch
I'm sure it's a good one, but it's not the only good one. I've got one of these, and unless you need pocket size, it's hard to beat for quality, availability, and price. This is a great lighter for the Supreme Vaporizer, which is still the best of the butane vapes, although hazardous for the high user. :lol:

http://www.handsontools.com/store-p...676045.html?thissku=SODPT200&site=google_base

Colibri makes excellent torch lighters too, and since you don't need a 'locked on flame' for vapes like the Genie or Vaporstar...

http://www.lightersdirect.com/Colibri.598/CX_Gear_Outdoor.138/

max,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Wow ... that certainly is the rolls royce of portable vapes!!! Bit pricey tho but a very cool product. Anyone know of anyone whose used one?

vaporcloud,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I've been looking at Blazer and Colibri among others. The Blazer pocket micro looks good because there's no flip lid to get in the way, but its minimum 3/4 inch flame seems larger than ideal for the application.

How about a Zippo?

:D

vtac,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I've used the Blazer with no trouble. But I've never thought about the flame size...you've got a good point there. Let us know if you find something better suited for the VG!

stickstones,

streetsofsurrey

How can you tell when you are burning the herb? I had mine for a week or so and I have not burn my weed yet. Do you guys light the ceramic filter? You are not suppose to.

I just follow this official guide ( http://vaporgenie.com/pointers.html )
and some of the tips that are posted on this message board.

I am getting good vapes from this product. /oh yeah i am using the classic one though...

keep on vaping...

streetsofsurrey,
Top Bottom