Higher temperature = more smell of weed?

MLark

If you vape at 400 would it smell more than if you vape at 350? (Im considering a temperature set vaporizer or a controlled one.)

MLark,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
i've found that my herb smells no matter what temp it is vaped at if it isnt fully dried out. With herb that if fully dried the smell factor seems to be reduced a bit.
now there can be more smell at really high temps if your scorching your herb, thats because your getting close to burning it.

DevoTheStrange,

momatik

I think more or less smell is controlled most significantly by the size of hits you're taking.

If you're taking smaller hits out of something like an MFLB, or a PD/MZ/WDZ and holding in that vapor then it'll stink less. If you're taking monster style hits out of a VG SV SSV etc. you're much more likely to stink up the place.

momatik,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Yes and Yes

From experience, I know that I can get away with hitting something like my Zap, LB or Lotus when I am in the other room. If I fire up the SSV, I get the "I can smell that!!" comments coming from inside.

AGBeer,

Nycdeisel

It depends where you start and how high the temperature ends up being.

There is a certain point where some chemicals will be released that smell more, or are coming closer to combustion(which often does smell a bit more)

How do you think you will be able to control the temperature so accurately? hmm?

Nycdeisel,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I've always felt like the hotter I go (MFLB in this case) the more stench there is.

I'd really like to know if this is correct or just all in my head.

darkrom,

Deadhead101

I am the Vapor King--I can do anything
darkrom said:
I've always felt like the hotter I go (MFLB in this case) the more stench there is.

I'd really like to know if this is correct or just all in my head.
IME thisis also what I've noticed. All other things the same, when temperature is raised my room smells stronger and for a longer period of time. Not that I don't like the smell--it's like having a really awesome air freshener, but if you're trying to be stealthy it can be a problem.

Deadhead101,
Top Bottom