High potency edibles

bulllee

Agent Provocateur
After I make my cannabutter , and after I strain it, I take the dregs and make hot chocolate with it :tup:. I always had issues with straining no matter what I did . I figured there had to be some magic left in the dregs so I use whole milk, and a Dutch processed cocoa, strain it and season . The cannabinoids transfer nicely into the milk fats and I don't worry about getting all the butter out of the dregs as there is minimal cannabinoids left after a simmer. I add some vanilla, sugar, and cinnamon and it's a wonderful nightcap ;). I will then take my cannabutter as a base and add concentrates as needed. I can't do capsules, it's very hard on my hands ( arthritis ). But I do use MCT oil drops made with concentrates. I do think you get more of a full spectrum effect with plant matter. I use to love the high Firecrackers gave me, but it takes way to much weed now :rofl:.

sickmanfraud

All of the edibles I make are based on the freezer method of the late great PsychadelicSam. By using an ethanol extraction you get most of the cannabinoids into the ethanol. In this method, you do all of your strainings when the extraction is dilute. You then concentrate the ethanol to the desired concentration.

I use 6 grams per ( 1 gram per tsp 5ml) ounce of ethanol in my Green Dragon tinctures and 1 gram to 1ml for the Dragon Oil capsules.

I save up all of my "used" tincture and capsule dregs and use them in a very effective pain cream. So, very little waste and very little bad taste.

BTW, I do not make capsules before I need them. This way I can take the strain(s) I need/desire in the amounts I need at that time. I add CBD oil in various concentrations depending on the need.

@bulllee could your hands manage one capsule a few times a day vs filling 30+ capsules at a time?

bulllee

Agent Provocateur
All of the edibles I make are based on the freezer method of the late great PsychadelicSam. By using an ethanol extraction you get most of the cannabinoids into the ethanol. In this method, you do all of your strainings when the extraction is dilute. You then concentrate the ethanol to the desired concentration.

I use 6 grams per ( 1 gram per tsp 5ml) ounce of ethanol in my Green Dragon tinctures and 1 gram to 1ml for the Dragon Oil capsules.

I save up all of my "used" tincture and capsule dregs and use them in a very effective pain cream. So, very little waste and very little bad taste.

BTW, I do not make capsules before I need them. This way I can take the strain(s) I need/desire in the amounts I need at that time. I add CBD oil in various concentrations depending on the need.

@bulllee could your hands manage one capsule a few times a day vs filling 30+ capsules at a time?
I don't do alcohol. It's bad for you ;). And it tastes like caca :D.

bulllee,

bulllee

Agent Provocateur
I also don't drink alcohol. When I dose with the tinctures I put them in a hot coffee and the alcohol flashes off leaving the cannabis oil/cannabinoids bonded to the milk in the coffee.

For capsules, I make a solvent transfer to MCT oil w/lecethin.
I use to do Everclear extractions and keep my reclaim. It always tasted like Everclear, and yes I purged it . I also found it affected the integrity of the butter. When I do a MCT tincture I just decarb my concentrates and add to the oil, I don't need the alcohol .

Cooking With Alcohol

As a substance, alcohol is volatile, explains Harold McGee, author of On Food and Cooking: The Science and Lore of the Kitchen. Its molecules will evaporate not just when alcohol reaches its boiling point, a chilly 173 degrees Fahrenheit compared to water’s 212 degree Fahrenheit boiling point, but any time it is exposed to the air.

Despite its ability to dissipate, “it’s impossible to cook out all of the alcohol [in a dish],” says McGee.

There are a lot of people like me that stay away from the demon rum :rofl:.

pacogollo

I've been reading this thread for hours, and I've saved some of your recipes to try them in the future. I'm a fan of cannabis brownies as I prefer consuming these kinds of recipes as if they were sweet desserts that mellow out the high a bit.

The key to the recipe is making a good butter with potent and well-filtered buds. In a large bowl, you should mix the cannabis butter, sugar, and vanilla extract until you get a smooth blend. Then, add the eggs one by one, and finally, mix everything with the flour, baking powder, and cocoa powder.

Lastly, bake the mixture in a brownie pan for about 25 minutes at 180°C. The trick is to use potent marijuana like Cachalote, a version of Moby Dick with 23% THC, and let the brownies cool before cutting them into portions. I advise against vaping right after eating and suggest waiting for the high in case you've gone a bit heavy on the dosage xD.

Top Bottom