High-end vaporizer that emulates joint session

Clueless

Hey guys,

I've just registered here because after reading many threads (and being wonderfully amazed at the kindness and knowledge here!), I can't seem to decide on a high-end, desktop vaporizer. I've been using the Crafty+ and enjoying it, but really missing the feeling of a joint (spliff). And I don't mean the tobacco or type of high but..

Rolling a fat one and being able to light it up / vape at any time and not worry for the next hour or even two, always having a "hit ready". With my crafty+ I only get a couple of hits and all within a few minutes. I definitely want a desktop vape and budget is no issue. I believe due to my demands, something like the Volcano is out of the question I think. Although it is a "session" vape, unless I start removing the herbs between hits, I believe it will continue to burn? I'd love to get something that requires not much maintenance during my session.

Something like a Herborizer (or Flowerpot weedeater?) seemed better, but the TI models appear to be designed for just one or two hits, not sure that is what I am looking for either. I'd love to just fill up a bigger load and be able to take many puffs over a lengthy course. The XL seems more designed for this, but this might be too outdated? Could I achieve the same with a TI but a lower temperature eg? The Sherlock model has caught my eye as this requires no water, which is my preferred method.

I know a Dynavap seems like an obvious suggestion too as it physically feels like a joint. But I think this might be a bit underpowered? Although in combination with a log vape, it might be able to fulfil my needs? Being in EU might be a hassle as most log vapes are in the USA it seems, but okay, I would rather wait and get the ideal product. Just not sure if they are meant for heavy users, albeit always solo.

Does anyone got any suggestions or thoughts? Or should I change my mindset and are single, bigger hits better?
Thank you in advance, really appreciate it!

Clueless,
Reactions: Farid

BestBuds

The Dude
Hey guys,

I've just registered here because after reading many threads (and being wonderfully amazed at the kindness and knowledge here!), I can't seem to decide on a high-end, desktop vaporizer. I've been using the Crafty+ and enjoying it, but really missing the feeling of a joint (spliff). And I don't mean the tobacco or type of high but..

Rolling a fat one and being able to light it up / vape at any time and not worry for the next hour or even two, always having a "hit ready". With my crafty+ I only get a couple of hits and all within a few minutes. I definitely want a desktop vape and budget is no issue. I believe due to my demands, something like the Volcano is out of the question I think. Although it is a "session" vape, unless I start removing the herbs between hits, I believe it will continue to burn? I'd love to get something that requires not much maintenance during my session.

Something like a Herborizer (or Flowerpot weedeater?) seemed better, but the TI models appear to be designed for just one or two hits, not sure that is what I am looking for either. I'd love to just fill up a bigger load and be able to take many puffs over a lengthy course. The XL seems more designed for this, but this might be too outdated? Could I achieve the same with a TI but a lower temperature eg? The Sherlock model has caught my eye as this requires no water, which is my preferred method.

I know a Dynavap seems like an obvious suggestion too as it physically feels like a joint. But I think this might be a bit underpowered? Although in combination with a log vape, it might be able to fulfil my needs? Being in EU might be a hassle as most log vapes are in the USA it seems, but okay, I would rather wait and get the ideal product. Just not sure if they are meant for heavy users, albeit always solo.

Does anyone got any suggestions or thoughts? Or should I change my mindset and are single, bigger hits better?
E43 & SV6 enail
Unfortunately that feel of lighting up can't be duplicated yet. Some vapes come close but noting is perfect yet.

I would think about what it will be like to load and unload and generally use the vape. I have shelved very nice vapes because I don't like using them. The ritual didn't jive with me.

Clueless

E43 & SV6 enail
Unfortunately that feel of lighting up can't be duplicated yet. Some vapes come close but noting is perfect yet.

I would think about what it will be like to load and unload and generally use the vape. I have shelved very nice vapes because I don't like using them. The ritual didn't jive with me.
Thank you! I was looking into this one, or rather all of the "heavies" listed by Vgoodies. Some real excellent options but these heavy hitters (unless I misunderstood) seem to be looking for extraction in few hits. If that turns out to be the best option then that's fine but I sure miss being able to take a couple of hits (as many as possible). But maybe by doing so, I am not vaping via the best methods :\

I would totally love to replicate the lighting up feeling, but I would love even more to just throw in a certain amount and take numerous hits without worry, even if the physical act isn't resembling smoking a joint. If I am making any sense haha, I know I have specific demands.

Clueless,

lisifi

but these heavy hitters (unless I misunderstood) seem to be looking for extraction in few hits.
well, those will give you the fattest volume of vapor; and that's what you are looking for ...
but as a side effect, your herb will be cashed faster :) thus meaning to reload; even with bigger bowls

if you have slower extraction, you'll have more hits, ... but never as dense;
you'll have to decide what's best for your needs

edit: to replicate that "fat one" smoking, i'd look into MTL vapes? (mouth-to-lung, replicates the original smoking experience)

Clueless

well, those will give you the fattest volume of vapor; and that's what you are looking for ...
but as a side effect, your herb will be cashed faster :) thus meaning to reload; even with bigger bowls

if you have slower extraction, you'll have more hits, ... but never as dense;
you'll have to decide what's best for your needs

edit: to replicate that "fat one" smoking, i'd look into MTL vapes? (mouth-to-lung, replicates the original smoking experience)
Right, I see, that makes sense.. Yeah I guess I am just trying to hold on to my herb as long as possible but having the best effect should be the primary argument perhaps. With that in mind (and my Europe location), the Herborizer Sherlock TI does seem like the best option as a heavy hitter I think, as sadly some others are more difficult to get over here or are out of stock.

I just get a bit worried that the loading and vaping is a bit of a process, so having to reload many times is something I wanted to avoid, but maybe I should just get used to it!

Clueless,
Reactions: Cheebsy

lisifi

the loading and vaping is a bit of a process, so having to reload many times is something I wanted to avoid, but maybe I should just get used to it!
this is the ritual you are looking for ...
the rolling of the spliff, the "where to drop the ashes", the deposit of the filter ...

that's the loading/reloading of the vape;
and to get fat vapor & best effects (vs smoking) every time, you'll have to ride high temps, then to decide how ... hot air or cooking (convection/conduction) ? :)

vaporculture

If you get a log vape -- @underdog makes some new cores that don't get swamped even under heavy use conditions -- you can pack a few stems at the same time, and then just pick a loaded stem that hasn't been fully extracted and take a puff. The UD log doesn't have to be turned off, and can be ready for a big pull/puff whenever you're ready... a few loaded stems ought to get you down the road similarly to a fat jay.

Clueless

this is the ritual you are looking for ...
the rolling of the spliff, the "where to drop the ashes", the deposit of the filter ...

that's the loading/reloading of the vape;
and to get fat vapor & best effects (vs smoking) every time, you'll have to ride high temps, then to decide how ... hot air or cooking (convection/conduction) ? :)
Ha, that is an interesting way to look at it! I compared it more like rolling a joint, I don't mind taking my time but then I want to be settled for a while. But yeah, I think I need to change how I look at that before I force a wrong vape style.

If you get a log vape -- @underdog makes some new cores that don't get swamped even under heavy use conditions -- you can pack a few stems at the same time, and then just pick a loaded stem that hasn't been fully extracted and take a puff. The UD log doesn't have to be turned off, and can be ready for a big pull/puff whenever you're ready... a few loaded stems ought to get you down the road similarly to a fat jay.
Yes these looked really good, but sadly according to their FAQ they only ship to UK and France in Europe :\

Clueless,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
The closest I’ve found to a joint are stem based portables. I could see a Volcano also hitting on those points. You could load a huge bowl in the volcano and then just fill a bag with as much vapor as you want over a period of time, then top it off with more vapor as needed.

Clueless

The closest I’ve found to a joint are stem based portables. I could see a Volcano also hitting on those points. You could load a huge bowl in the volcano and then just fill a bag with as much vapor as you want over a period of time, then top it off with more vapor as needed.
Yeah these logs / stem based options seem to be really good, now looking at a Woodscents. The Volcano was my first thought, yeah! I just started looking at the hybrid (the whip seemed the more logical option to me) but there were a few posts of it not being recommended for whipping for extended sessions. I guess by using a bag as my joint, that sort of works.. It would be nice to have a German product to be honest, as my Crafty+ seems pretty sturdy.

I think I need to stop dismissing ideas before trying them haha, smoking out of a bag seemed odd to me but if that is able to contain large quantities for a while it might be perfect!

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Yeah, the VapBong came to my mind too, because it's such an awesome session device – but while it mimics a bong very well, it's very different from a joint.

I used to smoke joints and struggled a bit switching to vaping, but the day I got my first Dynavap, I smoked my last J. Don't underestimate its power, it can hit hard. It also has about the same size as a joint (and a very hot tip!). It's easy to have a nice throat hit with a Dynavap. It's also „on-demand“, meaning it won't cook your herbs in between hits. It's still different from a joint, but nice enough to get used to it for sure.

In case you smoked your joints with tobacco, you should also look into e cigs maybe, because that's something a vaporizer can't deliver. For me both e cigs and the Dynavaps where the key to a smoke free life. :-)

Weedaholic

The herborizer xl does take longer to extract then the ti in my opinion because the bowl is huge on the xl...you will get more draws for sure. on the xl..

Maybe look at sticybrick too or any other butane vape

seki

I don't think this is exactly what you're looking for, but I found that RBT devices helped play a pretty significant part in my being able to kick my nicotine habit. I was able to get the densest clouds with them and I found that helped me to psychologically get over that hump and quit for good. I only bring this up as I was a 29 year cigarette smoker, and while I definitely had more personal motivations to quit, I can't deny the part these devices played in helping me do it.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I don't fuck with desktops and mostly use RBT vapes (Splinter Z and Milaana) that are hard to come by now.

I wanted to suggest you consider an og Sticky Brick. Or maybe one of the water compatible ones if that interests you. My Brick is probably my heaviest hitter and the flavor, vapor quality, and ritual are first rate.

Instead of having a log or other desktop that takes ten minutes to heat up and needs to be left on all day for frequent use you can just load up anywhere from .1 to .4g in a Brick and choose your adventure: fully extract in just three huge hits or take a few medium sized hits and save the rest for later.

Folks act like desktops are convenient and while I've admittedly only owned an Enano I don't get the appeal. I don't like sitting at a desk leaning over a corded vape. I don't like changing the temp on a vague dial and then waiting a minute or two to trust that I'm vaping at 7 instead of 6 when those aren't even temps.

The Brick brings big power, consistent results, and smooth vapor without unnecessary complication. I use my Splinter Zs, my Milaana, and my Tinymight more, but for someone who imagines combustion has something going for it I think the bong-like Brick life is worth checking out.

Chainfish

Welcome to group. I always seem to go for same choices but feel the dbv/ssv/lsv from 7th floor could suit (am a bit of fanboy so always seem to recommend but they are quite versatile and fit many needs). Don't own a vapbong presently but have been looking at them for quite some time and they seem to equally fit what you're looking for. Since getting my woodscents have fallen in love with it and pretty much use that exclusively but unsure if best fits what your looking for although if money no option, well worth picking up as are amazing. Sticky brick maxx may also be worth a look.

Clueless

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! Some real food for thought. So it seems to have that same feeling, I'll probably need to use a Dynavap as so many people seem to recommend this (in general, not just this thread). Or possibly an RBT vape instead, I was looking at the Milaano before actually. But seeing as either option is not too expensive, that does leave room for an extra vape.

I am not necessarily set in stone on a desktop, I'd just be vaping from the same place always and my current Crafty+ can't be charged when using which I don't like at all, so a desktop seemed to make sense.

The Vapbong seems super interesting! It definitely looks 'out there' but from what I understand, you can fill a bowl with small or huge quantities and pretty much decide whether you want a big or a small hit, and therefor more hits or less hits? That seems like what I want, and made in Europe which makes it easier for me!

On a sidenote, can't believe I would be going from one vape to three in a months time :lol:

Vaporware

I think a VapCap (especially with an Induction Heater) is a great choice, and a compatible log would be a good desktop option. Any on-demand portable should be pretty good too.

My favorites for portable on-demand are the Nomad for convection (but it has a long waiting list) and Firewood 7 for hybrid heating, but the Milaana, TinyMight and some others are worth looking into. The Tetra P80 is a hard hitting on-demand convection portable too, but I hear the battery life isn’t very good so you’d have to switch them more often.

For other desktops in Europe, I’d be looking at the VapBong and Herborizer. The FlowerPot’s great, but unless you really want to dab and use flower at the same time through the same device, the Herborizer is probably the better choice in Europe. At least it should be cheaper for you.

I don’t know if anything that’s available will be *exactly* what you’re asking for, but a combination of these should be able to fill the role well enough.

They’re not as hard hitting from what I’ve heard, but things like the Ditanium and Arizer EQ may be good if you think the whip style is better for you. There are others that use whips by default too too...DBV? SSV?

Oh, and you can get an adapter to use a whip with most rigs, but if you do that and you don’t want to do anything but hit it when you’re ready, you need to know the vaporizer you’re looking at will be okay sitting there turned on and loaded for a long time. That rules out a lot of them.

I’m not trying to steer you toward whips (I’ve never used or especially wanted one), but since you seemed interested it’s worth considering.

Really, if you can hold off on the hardest hitting desktops I’d probably go with a WoodScents or Heat Island log with a VapCap compatible connection, a VapCap and then a VapBong, Herborizer or something like that later.

In case you smoked your joints with tobacco, you should also look into e cigs maybe, because that's something a vaporizer can't deliver. For me both e cigs and the Dynavaps where the key to a smoke free life. :-)

Some people do use pipe tobacco or home grown stuff in dry herb vaporizers, and there’s a thread about it here, but it’s not usually very active.

I see you posted a question in that thread once, but I don’t know if you ever tried it? It sounds like it works well with some and not as well with others, but it may be an option some people prefer over e-cigs.

If I used both I’d probably have a dedicated tobacco device and not mix it with cannabis, but it seems like it *can* work, at least for some people.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah these logs / stem based options seem to be really good, now looking at a Woodscents.

Woodscents could be a cool option, because it gives you both a log and a vapcap to try, could be good fits for what you are looking for as others said...

It would be nice to have a German product to be honest

Yeah vapbong! The idea of loading a lot of herb (or a little too) so you are able to take a big hit then stir, and come back to it later for another big hit... Describes the vapbong so well honestly!

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! Some real food for thought. So it seems to have that same feeling, I'll probably need to use a Dynavap as so many people seem to recommend this (in general, not just this thread). Or possibly an RBT vape instead, I was looking at the Milaano before actually. But seeing as either option is not too expensive, that does leave room for an extra vape.

I am not necessarily set in stone on a desktop, I'd just be vaping from the same place always and my current Crafty+ can't be charged when using which I don't like at all, so a desktop seemed to make sense.

The Vapbong seems super interesting! It definitely looks 'out there' but from what I understand, you can fill a bowl with small or huge quantities and pretty much decide whether you want a big or a small hit, and therefor more hits or less hits? That seems like what I want, and made in Europe which makes it easier for me!

On a sidenote, can't believe I would be going from one vape to three in a months time :lol:

Yeah RBT is going to be tough to find now, especially in Europe, but you could get lucky particularly with something second hand... Might be able to replicate the experience a bit with the Tinymight though...

However I would also agree with bossman that StickyBricks could be a really good choice too, there is even Dreamwood in Germany who makes similar products as well! Good luck!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I used a volcano for years and it sounds like it would be great for what you want. You can load a huge bowl, then Whenever you wanna “fire one up” you just fill a bag as much as you want. You can puff on that for a while from a bag at your leisure, for at least 10-15 minutes, then when you want another one because you already packed a big bowl earlier, you just attach the filling chamber and pump another bag, and they could be full bags, half full, basically as large as the “doobie” you’d want.

Alexis

Hey guys,

Sorry I have not read your whole post yet as very very tired, but I keep shputimg this one very unknown uniquely powerful vape which may be just what you are looking for:

Verdamper! Check it out. Verdampftnochmal offer it. Vaposhop also but don't ship to US.

The Verdamper is conceived, decades ago, in Holland, to take huge loads, a full gram easily. It's on demand once heater up, bout 7 minutes.

Can be left on 24/7 , durable and reliable as hell.

No other vaporizer I have personally tried hits as hard and longlastingly, with so little time and effort, including Herborizer Ti and Flowerpot, in my experience.

You can take one, two...3,4,5,6 large tokes at a time, and be fully stoned for hours.

In stock configuration, it works best with 0.4 to 0.6 gram loads, but more is fine too. It just wrecks you so hard. Can satisfy a room full of stoners off a single vape, less reloading and fiddling, more than any other device I have used.

Farid

I think vaporizers do a great job replacing every type of smoking device except joints/spliffs.

Dynavap is a great analog to a 1 hitter or a snap through a bong if attached to one. Sticky bricks replicate cornering a bowl very well. Session vapes (like your crafty) replicate a bowl that is kept lit.

Smoking a joint/spliff is unique in that each hit is a combination of smoke from the ember, and vapor from the bud adjacent to the ember being vaporized. This is true with other forms of smoking as well, but joints seem to encourage this action, due to their long and narrow shape. The narrow shape also forces the res to build up on the fresh bud beneath it, leading to a different effect.

The only way I can imagine replicating this with a vaporizer would be to have a movable heating element, and a long narrow tube shaped bowl. Throughout the session the heating element would be moved to cover a "green" section of the tube, thus replicating the ember of a joint as it burns down.

Farid,
Reactions: florduh

Kins

I don't fuck with desktops and mostly use RBT vapes (Splinter Z and Milaana) that are hard to come by now.

I wanted to suggest you consider an og Sticky Brick. Or maybe one of the water compatible ones if that interests you. My Brick is probably my heaviest hitter and the flavor, vapor quality, and ritual are first rate.

Instead of having a log or other desktop that takes ten minutes to heat up and needs to be left on all day for frequent use you can just load up anywhere from .1 to .4g in a Brick and choose your adventure: fully extract in just three huge hits or take a few medium sized hits and save the rest for later.

Folks act like desktops are convenient and while I've admittedly only owned an Enano I don't get the appeal. I don't like sitting at a desk leaning over a corded vape. I don't like changing the temp on a vague dial and then waiting a minute or two to trust that I'm vaping at 7 instead of 6 when those aren't even temps.

The Brick brings big power, consistent results, and smooth vapor without unnecessary complication. I use my Splinter Zs, my Milaana, and my Tinymight more, but for someone who imagines combustion has something going for it I think the bong-like Brick life is worth checking out.

My Volcano Hybrid takes only seconds to heat up to temp. You don't have to be hooked to it leaning over like you say. I use the bags and attach them to a bong. Also I had the Obsidian for a while. I had two of them and both broke from dropping them a distance less than 6 inches in height. The Obsidian attachment makes the Volcano vapor much less harsh. When I had it I used it daily.

Kins,
Reactions: bossman
Top Bottom