Hi, my husband suffers from gerd and 'Barrett's syndrome' of esophagus. He medically vaped for PTS

Rehtaeh

Hubbie suffers 'Barretts syndrome' and gets. Has medical card. Every morning he wakes up nauseous, throws up sometimes, and stomach upset

Is this common? Now he is taking 2 pharma pills for the gerd. Any suggestions, is it the vaping??
Thanks much

Rehtaeh,
Reactions: GetLeft

Squiby

I don't have the same condition but I have suffered from chronic nausea. Vaping was the absolute best remedy, hands down and without negative side effects. The pharmaceutical pills also helped but we're quite toxic and caused other complications, so I stopped the pills and just vaped for pain and nausea relief.

Some strains are more effective than others. For me, the helpful strains for nausea and digestive upset were Jasmine, BlackBerry and Remedy. Everyone is different and you just have to experiment with different strains to find the most effective for you and your husband.

Good luck and I hope your husband finds some relief.

Rehtaeh

I don't have the same condition but I have suffered from chronic nausea. Vaping was the absolute best remedy, hands down and without negative side effects. The pharmaceutical pills also helped but we're quite toxic and caused other complications, so I stopped the pills and just vaped for pain and nausea relief.

Some strains are more effective than others. For me, the helpful strains for nausea and digestive upset were Jasmine, BlackBerry and Remedy. Everyone is different and you just have to experiment with different strains to find the most effective for you and your husband.

Thank u for ur help. I'm in Florida and I have not heard of those 2 strains, but they do carry Remedy drops.

Rehtaeh,

Rehtaeh

I'm so happy it helped u!

Rehtaeh,

little maggie

What condition did he get the medical card for? The Barrets esophagus is very serious as it's a precursor for cancer. And what you describe as his issues (nausea and sometimes vomiting) are the symptoms of this as opposed to just GERD. You can search on the internet but from what I've read, cannabis can slow down the growth of cancer in the esophagus so it's actually a good treatment. But vaping may or may not be a problem. I have GERD and take medication. I know it isn't worsened by vaping but for me it is worsened if the vapor is too harsh. I use whips or water and microdose and have no problem.
But if your husband is vaping at night and has nausea in the morning I don't see why it would be related to vaping. If I feel sick with harsh vapor it is immediate. Not hours later.

Rehtaeh

What condition did he get the medical card for? The Barrets esophagus is very serious as it's a precursor for cancer. And what you describe as his issues (nausea and sometimes vomiting) are the symptoms of this as opposed to just GERD. You can search on the internet but from what I've read, cannabis can slow down the growth of cancer in the esophagus so it's actually a good treatment. But vaping may or may not be a problem. I have GERD and take medication. I know it isn't worsened by vaping but for me it is worsened if the vapor is too harsh. I use whips or water and microdose and have no problem.
But if your husband is vaping at night and has nausea in the morning I don't see why it would be related to vaping. If I feel sick with harsh vapor it is immediate. Not hours later.
Hi, thanks for ur concern and info. Yes, he was hospitalized for the Barrett's. They lasered the lining of his entire esophagus. He just had another checkup a month ago, and all was well with the Barrett's. I've heard the CBD oil would be good for him, just wondering if it's making him feel GERD.
Thanks much

Rehtaeh,

little maggie

I think diet makes a huge difference with GERD. I know that I barely notice mine when I skip coffee. Unfortunately, I'm just not willing to give it up. I probably would if I had Barretts though. He may already be on a GERD diet. I posted in another thread about Vetiver oil. It's supposed to be very helpful for a variety of things including GERD. I'[m planning on trying it.

little maggie,

chris 71

Little maggie , are you taking any proton pump inhibitors ? I just made another thread asking about them .

If you are have you ever noticed any side effects with mixing with cannabis use ?

chris 71,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@little maggie I had Gerd too,but i got cured via raw diet for while and from the point i was ok ,i never went into digesting foods that are known to increase stomach acid. The medications i was offered was SSRI(https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3165206/) which was kind of stupid thing to use in my book, i hope they forbid those type of medications one day,they cause more trouble than help,i advise avoiding them unless you really dont have any other choice, i've seen enough victims of SSRI treatments and i am glad i didnt go for it. I only regret letting them put a 4 meter hose in my mouth.
My stomach gets sick from any pill ,so does my mind,if you can work your way without them,better do so,a little discipline is nothing compared to daily pill popping.
Harsh vapor brings coughing which is the worst thing that can happen during a reflux, it causes a volcano of acid in your throat. So to the OP i would suggest vaping at really low temps to avoid coughing at all cost,most of all during acid crisis.
Eat and drink alkaline foods and liquids,dont eat acidifying foods and you will be better.

Last edited:

C No Ego

Hi, thanks for ur concern and info. Yes, he was hospitalized for the Barrett's. They lasered the lining of his entire esophagus. He just had another checkup a month ago, and all was well with the Barrett's. I've heard the CBD oil would be good for him, just wondering if it's making him feel GERD.
Thanks much
Hi this is not medical advice... orally consuming a cannabis concentrate ( thc) or eating an edible right before bed /sleep will give morning nausea a go for its money... I have seen reports of people using cannabis before bedtime and going to sleep before the effects kick in...because of how slow our metabolism is @ night ( it's predicted that endocannabinoid tone / building of endocannabinoids happens at night) this stalled or delayed cannabis metabolism awakens when the person awakes in the morning and also the nausea reducing properties of the plant cannabinoids do as well. vaporizing before bed usually have quick onset so not as effective as a slow onset scenario such as oral eaten oil; or edible

C No Ego,
Reactions: Squiby

Rehtaeh

I think diet makes a huge difference with GERD. I know that I barely notice mine when I skip coffee. Unfortunately, I'm just not willing to give it up. I probably would if I had Barretts though. He may already be on a GERD diet. I posted in another thread about Vetiver oil. It's supposed to be very helpful for a variety of things including GERD. I'[m planning on trying it.
Hi this is not medical advice... orally consuming a cannabis concentrate ( thc) or eating an edible right before bed /sleep will give morning nausea a go for its money... I have seen reports of people using cannabis before bedtime and going to sleep before the effects kick in...because of how slow our metabolism is @ night ( it's predicted that endocannabinoid tone / building of endocannabinoids happens at night) this stalled or delayed cannabis metabolism awakens when the person awakes in the morning and also the nausea reducing properties of the plant cannabinoids do as well. vaporizing before bed usually have quick onset so not as effective as a slow onset scenario such as oral eaten oil; or edible

Rehtaeh,

Rehtaeh

So I changed him to CBD oil, 5 drops morning and night, no thc. Not making any difference.
He is trying to stop all (vape, oil, CBD) as he has very hard addiction problems. Every morning he's very sick. I dont know anymore. Thank u for ur help.

Rehtaeh,

C No Ego

-;)
So I changed him to CBD oil, 5 drops morning and night, no thc. Not making any difference.
He is trying to stop all (vape, oil, CBD) as he has very hard addiction problems. Every morning he's very sick. I dont know anymore. Thank u for ur help.
THC is for the nausea... CBD does not effect the appetite etc... if you can administer the THC before bed it may not have an effect until the morning when the nausea sets in

C No Ego,
Reactions: Squiby

andrew`124c41+

I happened to see this. THC has a nausea suppression effect. There have been case reports of heavy marijuana users developing a withdrawal like syndrome. As the THC is metabolisied, the patient develops nausea and vomiting. I suspect the remedy is to get a hold of micro dose edibles and slowly ween him off.

However, people have him see a physician to make sure this is what is going on as opposed to some other medical condition causing the symptoms.

andrew`124c41+,
Top Bottom