Herborizer vs. SSV w/water pipe attachment

Status
Not open for further replies.

rawrgens

long title, I know :p

anywho, I've been lurking around these forums for a while and I finally got myself an account. I have an herbalaire 2.1 and an ssv, although I've been using my ssv exclusively for quite some time now. the holidays are coming soon and I've been wanting to get something nice for myself ;)

so here are my two choices, get myself an herborizer or get a water pipe attachment for my ssv. it's a hard decision, man...

I'm wondering which one will give me a better vapor to air ratio, and better flavor. my ssv can pack quite a punch, so I dont want to dish out money on a vaporizer that'll end up being inferior in this aspect. anyone out there try both that can help me out here? :)

rawrgens,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Wait, so you own a herborizer and an SSV, so what are you asking? You'll probably fix and edit it, but my :2c: would be getting the water pipe attachment. Spend the money you would on a Herborizer on some good buds to use in your new setup. Much more enjoyable IMO.

SpiralArchitect,

marcuss

above the clouds
yes..something is wrong in your post...anyway if you already got the ssv...take a bong attachment and enjoy your vape....on the other hand i'm pretty sure the "Herbo" deliver a more enjoyable vapor due to his different heater that NEVER burn your plant....no worry man...one BHUDDA(very similar to the SSV)is coming to me and in a week i'll be able to give you a comparision test for these two killer vapes... :cool:
This said is up to you....to invest in a hi-grade vape or to get some good buds....two different stories!

marcuss,

max

Out to lunch
I have an herborizer and an ssv, although I've been using my exclusively for quite some time now. the holidays are coming soon and I've been wanting to get something nice for myself ;)

so here are my two choices, get myself an herborizer or get a water pipe attachment for my ssv.
:huh: Can't get much more contradictory than that.

I've been using my exclusively for quite some time now
Your what? SSV? Using the 'Preview' button for your posts may be a good idea, so we don't have to ask WTF you're talking about. :lol:

get myself an herborizer or get a water pipe attachment for my ssv
I guess money's no object for you? ;)
I dont want to dish out money on a vaporizer that'll end up being inferior in this aspect
Since everybody's different, nobody but you can decide if a purchase like the Herbo would be worth it to you. I agree the "ssv can pack quite a punch", and it hits plenty hard enough for me. I'd love to try the Herbo, but I'm sure I'd choose the SSV to live with. But like I said, everybody's different. If you love bongs, you'd probably prefer the Herbo.

max,

rawrgens

hahaha, wow....I made a booboo :p

I mean I own an ssv and an herbalaire 2.1, I havent tried the herborizer yet :)

maybe I should use the preview button haha, yeah, I've been using my ssv exclusively

rawrgens,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
We don't have a 'preview button'.

It's one thing that irks me about this forum. I have to edit my posts quite often.

SpiralArchitect,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
@Spiral: Click "Post reply" or "Quote" instead of using the "Quick post" box and you'll get a preview button. ;)

@rawrgens: :wave: Just pick up a ~$15 GonG adapter, plug your SSV into a glass bong and see if you're satisfied with that. If not, tell us what you think of the Herborizer. ;)

vtac,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
rawgens, I own a Herborzier and SSV. I've connected my SSV to a waterpipe to compare it head to head with the Herborizer. Other poeple on this forum will disagree, but I think the whip itself does affect the flavor of the vapor.

The taste difference is very, very minor, but if you have a sensitive palette, I think you will be able to discern the difference. For that reason, I will say that the Herborizer has an advantage over the SSV in taste. For air/vapor ratio, I don?t know whether or not the Herborizer out vapes the SSV. I would say that if the difference in taste is not that big a factor for you, I would rather invest in one of 7th floors ice chambers and save some extra bucks. The Herborizer looks like the premier vaporizer, almost all my friends say it looks the best, and it performs admirably as well. I just don?t know if I would drop another $400 or whatever the conversion rate works out today, on a new vaporizer. I guess that?s easy for me to say since I already got both.

Honestly, if you have the money, you won?t be upset with the Herborizer either. I just know that I use my SSV the most now, so I guess you can say that it is my favorite vaporizer. The choice is yours!

stonemonkey55,

max

Out to lunch
rawrgens said:
I have an herbalaire 2.1 and an ssv, although I've been using my ssv exclusively for quite some time now.
I've got the herbalAire as well, but it was the PD that put herbie on the shelf in my house. I was still filling bags along with using the Surfer because my wife was only interested in using bags. When I got the PD she loved it and now it's SSV/PD for home use.

stonemonkey55 said:
I just don?t know if I would drop another $400 or whatever the conversion rate works out today, on a new vaporizer.
The Tube Herbo is $340 ($476 for the XL) and the Sphere is $367 ($504).
Shipping is $35.49. Since marcuss says it works great without the temp control (XL), the Herbo prices are quite a bit better than they were a while back.

max,

rawrgens

stonemonkey55 said:
The taste difference is very, very minor, but if you have a sensitive palette, I think you will be able to discern the difference. For that reason, I will say that the Herborizer has an advantage over the SSV in taste. For air/vapor ratio, I don?t know whether or not the Herborizer out vapes the SSV. I would say that if the difference in taste is not that big a factor for you, I would rather invest in one of 7th floors ice chambers and save some extra bucks. The Herborizer looks like the premier vaporizer, almost all my friends say it looks the best, and it performs admirably as well. I just don?t know if I would drop another $400 or whatever the conversion rate works out today, on a new vaporizer. I guess that?s easy for me to say since I already got both.
See, that's my dilemma. I love how the herborizer looks, the all-glass construction (besides the heating element), and the simplicity of it. Not that the ssv isn't, but having the ssv with either hands free/GG connection with tubing to run between wand and bong is more to deal with. Plus, I have a voice in my head telling me I want it and I want to grab it before they switch from an aluminum to a ceramic heating element.

Now...whether or not that's worth 400-500 dollars (I'd be getting the XL), that's another story. Don't get me wrong, I love my ssv, but I feel like I'm that little kid drooling over some pokemon game (or whatever the hell they like nowadays). I'm gonna wait until marcuss posts his buddha vs. herborizer comparison, and that might lean me one way or the other. :p

rawrgens,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
Plus, I have a voice in my head telling me I want it and I want to grab it before they switch from an aluminum to a ceramic heating element.
stainless steel, its better than aluminum

Acolyte of Zinglon,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
rawgrens, after some thought, I take back what I wrote earlier. One would be an accessory to the SSV while the other is a whole different vaporizer. It's always nice to have more than one vape to switch back and forth between to have some variety. If you want the Herborizer, by all means get one, you definitely won't regret it.

stonemonkey55,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
If you want the Herborizer, by all means get one, you definitely won't regret it.
That is for sure.

The decision is yours. Gotta weigh out your options and decide which will give you the most enjoyment.... :)

SpiralArchitect,

marcuss

above the clouds
Acolyte of Zinglon said:
Plus, I have a voice in my head telling me I want it and I want to grab it before they switch from an aluminum to a ceramic heating element.
stainless steel, its better than aluminum
you right AoZ....Now it is stainless steel and i hope they still produce it when the ceramic element will come out!!
Otherwise my "old Herbo" will become an hard to replace piece of art ! :brow:

marcuss,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom