Herborizer Tube Review

captainwolf

Industrial grade ceramic heating elements are most certainly not safe. Has anyone researched the composition of these elements or even the post production coatings put on them? Most vape companies don't even know, which is very sad in my opinion. I emailed 3 big companies and not one could tell me anything about the elements they used, none conducted any offgassing tests either...

captainwolf,

captainwolf

I'm not trying to start stuff, I just get concerned over people's health. Upsets me when companies are ignorant and/or deceitful with their product at the expense of others.

captainwolf,

max

Out to lunch
Industrial grade ceramic heating elements are most certainly not safe.
In your opinion, that is. Apparently it's also your opinion that stainless steel emits toxic fumes at vaping temps. We know that's not true, so your claim that ceramic elements aren't safe doesn't inspire much confidence either. It can be a little risky to come on a forum swinging for the fence with controversial opinions, but please don't dress them up as facts.

I'd say most of the members on this forum are concerned about health to some degree. It's a big reason for vaporizing instead of smoking. But where's the hard science to back your claims of toxicity? Let's see the research. Most of us are exposed to all kinds of toxins on a daily basis. Minimizing exposure is a good idea, but sometimes it's hard to know where to start, or stop. Making sure your body's healthy enough to defeat the thousands of cancer cells that try to form in your body on a daily basis is a good idea too, maybe the best. But you can't push health on people. A lot of them are gonna resent you for telling them that they're unhealthy. And unless they're chronically ill, you really don't know anyway. It's just your opinion.

max,

captainwolf

Max,
First, I don't know why you are getting so defensive. I never insulted anyone or declared anyone wrong for their method of vaporization. I simply made a statement that should inspire investigation into the matter of questionable materials (PVC, TEFLON, SILICON, INDUSTRIAL GRADE CERAMIC, ALUMINUM). Second, I never stated stainless steel emits toxic fumes, you stated that on your own. Third, I'm aware people in this forum wish to improve their health, which is why I repsonded to the post about the Herbalaire. It has teflon mouth peices, which no safety studies have been conducted for that particular use. Of course I would be concerned about that, considering flaked teflon in cookware contributes to various medical issues.
As for ceramic elements, industrial grade ceramic does have problems. I sculpt and and lead contamination can be a problem with clay. You have to be careful where you get it from. You think a company making soldering irons is very careful about where they get their clay or other source materials to make elements for soldering? Its not like they are making them for human consumption.
There are also post production coatings added that may be poisonous when inhaled, some elements add metals into the mixture for stabilization, and sometimes the deflocculants used pose their own risks. This is just a small list of things, I didn't even come close to getting everything. You want evidence? I've provided a sample of possible issues below:

DEFLOCCULANTS

Polycarboxylate
Inhalation: May cause irritation to the respiratory tract, with symptoms of Bronchitis
http://www.abelcn.com/msds/msds_pce.pdf

Sodium Silicate
Inhalation:
A strong alkaline irritant. Inhalation can cause severe irritation of mucous membranes and upper respiratory tract. Symptoms may include burning sensation, coughing, wheezing, laryngitis, shortness of breath, headache, nausea and vomiting. High concentrations may cause lung damage.
http://www.jtbaker.com/msds/englishhtml/s4982.htm

Potential Health Effects: Inhalation
Exposure to respirable dust may cause respiratory tract and lung irritation and may aggravate existing
respiratory conditions
http://www.hmsmedical.com/images/44-OC MSDS.pdf

COATINGS

Molybdenum Disilicide
Definition: Molybdenum Disilicide - A cermet composed of one atom of molybdenum and two of silicon. It occurs as a dark gray, toxic powder
http://www.intota.com/experts.asp?strSearchType=all&strQuery=molybdenum+disilicide

COMPOSITE MATERIALS

Lead Titanate
Acute Effects:

Inhalation: DANGER-POISON. May cause irritation to the upper respiratory system, insomnia, dryness of the mouth and a metallic taste.

Chronic Effects:

Inhalation: May cause chronic lead toxicity. May be toxic to the central and peripheral nervous system afftecting the cerebellum, spinal cord, motor and sensory nerves.
http://www.espi-metals.com/msds's/Lead%20Titanate.htm

These things don't "prove" anything b/c none of this has been tested in the context of a vaporizer. But it should raise eyebrows. Just next time you disagree with someone, please don't attack them for posting a concern, just ask them to elaborate on their reasoning. Thanks

captainwolf,

spikyvape

@ captainwolf

very understanding what you are saying, i also have my doubts about heating elements.

90% of the ceramic wich is used in vaporizers are Alumina Ceramic (Al2O3) is a compound made
up of aluminum atoms and oxygen atoms. But still i also have my doubts about this all.

Ik you know more about this Ceramic share it with us !

spikyvape,

marcuss

above the clouds
Capitain and spiky...seems you guys have discovered the hot water right now.....but PLEASE start your own thread about your own ceramic heaters's dubts because this is the wrong place!
Here we are talking about the Herborizer vape the doesn't use a ceramic heater so let us come back on topic!
Bombo....It's incredible that only when i start a thread, people like you or Hennessy jump and start talking about an other topic...i'm very upset!
Spiky....you already asked to me a lot of questions about the Herbo....but you are a Volcano fan so you should well know about alumina and other metals that your favorite vape contains.......I don't understand why you don't complain about it?

Anyway to come back on topic.....today i wake up and WOW everything is white..it is snowing...so tonight i can give a try to the Snow Vapor Method with Tube!!!!

marcuss,

spikyvape

Marcuss you are right it didn't belong here, sorry :peace: ! With the volcano it gets replaces by a vrip :)!

But ontopic

With the snow keep us informed must be great, hope it snows again here soon.

Do you also put water in your bong ? or just wait to get melted icewater at the bottom ?

I actually never tried vaping with my bong without water and use only cubes

spikyvape,

captainwolf

Sorry Marcuss, I was responding to someone, but yes that post doesn't belong in this thread.

captainwolf,

captainwolf

Some people claim GG connections eventually combust your material if it doesn't have a thermocouple to adjust, do you find that in the Herbo Marcuss? Meaning do you have to periodically turn the temp down if you get up and leave it on?

captainwolf,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
^ The heater in the Herborizer is above the bowl so probably not an issue. :)

Just quoting this here for posterity:
Please make a new thread for discussing the safety of materials. Doing it in these model threads amounts to pissing people off and derailing the thread.
:peace:

vtac,

marcuss

above the clouds
Ok...sorry for my brutality.....i was far from my dream table :peace:

Snow works but it melt very quikly and it turn in water before the bowl is done!
I've got a video for you guys!
As usual vtac is right in his post....no combustion issues at all with the Herbo's heater and i'm quite sure there is a thermocouple inside the heater to keep the temp steady.

Vaping with only ice or snow is nice for the sublimation effect....hot vapor+solid ice= more fresh vapor!

marcuss,

420Downunder

I sent off an email ordering one of the XL Spheres, I figured I already have a bunch of tubes I can use with it but I have nothing like the sphere :)

420Downunder,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
420Downunder said:
I sent off an email ordering one of the XL Spheres, I figured I already have a bunch of tubes I can use with it but I have nothing like the sphere :)
YOUR SO LUCKY BRO! have fun and forever save onto your "investment"

Hennessy1414,
Top Bottom