Help with my box mod experience

someladder

So, I have this old Therion I'd like to vape flower/concentrates with. Can someone help me in what I should do? In regards of configuration, coil material, when to change coils, etc. I've just downloaded EScribre but I'm not sure what to look for or change. I've been vaping flower with it using a SS coil for more than a year (I just expose the weed/concentrate to the coil, then puff it thru a bong). Thanks in advance!

someladder,

badbee

In the cannabis vaping world it's usually the vape that is considered most important rather than the mod. There are a variety of really good vapes that fit a 510 thread mod like the Stempod from ModPodLabs, the Musa and the Splinter from RBT (no longer made but available used). I haven't tried home built coils with nicotine tanks so can't really comment on that. My understanding is that DIY approach doesn't work very well with flower.

How do you "expose the weed" to the coil?

someladder

How do you "expose the weed" to the coil?
by simply putting it close enough, on the path of the air a mesh screen holds the weed inside the downstem, I hold it like in the picture and pull in air through the bong

I've made a couple of diy attachments for my 510 attys but I've found that this way is much easier and efficient

someladder,
Reactions: Summer

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Your thread asks about the mod but I agree with @badbee that they make a number of 510 devices you could use. No offense but just holding a glowing coil over a bowl isn't my idea of easy or efficient.

510 options like the Splinter, Tetra X, or Stempod will give you a proper air path so wattage or temp settings would mean something.

For a dna mod like the Therion I'd use Escribe to switch to a different theme with a more useful layout. I used Frank's Theme but there are others that aren't as ugly. You can set up temp control and wattage as different profiles on the Therion and switch between them.

If you just want to hold a bare coil in the air over the bowl I guess just use wattage and try not to combust. The settings will mean more when there's an assembled heater on the bowl instead is all

badbee

That's interesting, it must take a lot of experience and technique to make that work. If you like to tinker, and save money, look into the HighLighter home build kit vape. It's inexpensive and works really well, I would guess much better than your freestyle approach.

Sorry I'm no help on the original mod question.

badbee,
Top Bottom