Help? Smashed Torch...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunnyHours

Just to go straight to the point, yesterday night my uncle and cousin came over for supper, anyways, the little monster started playing with my beloved torch, when told to stop he decided throwing it was a better idea than surrendering...

photo.jpg

Obviously, since he's "family" I can't go after my money for the torch...
I tried to repair it myself but it seems futile for me to repair it as I have no idea what the issue is.
It's a Vector Nitro and it was working flawlessly. The piezo still works but the nozzle, you know, the brown thing at the end of the "barrel", fell off.
Lots of shit is broken...I'm scared I'm going to lose her! :(

I've been thinking, maybe I can send it to vector for them to fix it?

clouded vision

I would contact vector first but if they won't help you, get the bed bath&beyond torch, $30 and don't forget your 20% of coupon so only $24 and you can walk out with it instead of waiting for it to ship. The internals are exactly the same as your torch so you should love it just as much and a lot of people aren't aware but BBB warranties their own brands so if it breaks 5 years down the road, bring it in to any BBB without the box or receipt and they will replace it no questions asked.
https://m.bedbathandbeyond.com/m/product/bonjour-reg-professional-creme-brulee-torch/1013057451

Edit: actually looking more closely it looks like you might be able to fix it on your own, I just had mine apart the other day to remove the safety and it looks like you have all the parts. PM me if you want and I'll give you my kik or phone number and I can try to help walk you through putting it back together along with pictures from mine, I'll even unscrew mine and send you pictures so you can see it. I won't be home for a few hours though so it will have to wait until then.

Last edited:

Caligula

Maximus
Just to go straight to the point, yesterday night my uncle and cousin came over for supper, anyways, the little monster started playing with my beloved torch, when told to stop he decided throwing it was a better idea than surrendering...

photo.jpg

Obviously, since he's "family" I can't go after my money for the torch...
I tried to repair it myself but it seems futile for me to repair it as I have no idea what the issue is.
It's a Vector Nitro and it was working flawlessly. The piezo still works but the nozzle, you know, the brown thing at the end of the "barrel", fell off.
Lots of shit is broken...I'm scared I'm going to lose her! :(

I've been thinking, maybe I can send it to vector for them to fix it?

25400939.jpg

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
From that picture I don't see anything broken?

You just need to re-seat the switch and the spring. Make sure to place the piezo ignitor in its place as well.

Then just screw her shut, be careful of the flame adjuster switch while re-screwing the casing.

Now that I looked again it seems like part of the black plastic switch is broken? If so you can superglue that part and it should work good.

Or just got to Bed Bath & Beyond and buy the re-branded Vector torch and cannibalize it for parts, or just use it. With the 20% coupon it's $25 I think.

aesthyrian,
Reactions: Caligula

SunnyHours

The real problem was that the metal frame where the nozzle is was bent. It caused a rip in the plastic tubing and broke the gas connector, which is a small as a pin and quite fragile nozzle type thing hehe

Maybe I can try super glue or something to connect the tubing to the partly broken pin sized nozzle. but then there is also the thing in the middle of the barrel that flew away. I stuck it back in but I'm not sure if there's a specific way to place it or something...
I'll just get a new one, but in Canada we don't have Bed baths and beyond. I'll try other stores of the same type. I know they carry whipping cream kits so I'm pretty sure they'll also have the torch..

SunnyHours,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom