Help setting up temperature control on Stempod SI

MLBxxMLB

I ordered a Stempod SI. I’m planning on using it with a Fuchai 213 mini.

I do need to also get some SS coils since the Stempod SI only come with kanthal coils.

From some other posts here and elsewhere it seems like it can be tricky to set up.

Wondering if anyone here is experienced with the Stempod and can recommend how to go about setting TC up. It it’s a hassle or doesn’t work well with my mod, I’ve read it’s not great, I may not order the SS coils and just use the Stempod on demand. Temp control would be nice to use though to reduce combustion risk.

MLBxxMLB,
Reactions: arb

arb

Semi shaved ape
I use 22g kanthal I made at 58-60 watts manual power and it is my favorite vape.

arb,

arb

Semi shaved ape
Sorry,I wrapped some manual coils with 22 gauge wire.
Set the mod box on wattage mode press button and vape.
I do not use the basket screen hence the high wattage.
I put a flat screen down on the inside lip of the gong.
I use the heavier wire as the mass seems to maintain a more even heat giving giant hits with no scorching.
They take some practice but once I got it down there is no better all around unit........so far.

arb,

MLBxxMLB

Sorry,I wrapped some manual coils with 22 gauge wire.
Set the mod box on wattage mode press button and vape.
I do not use the basket screen hence the high wattage.
I put a flat screen down on the inside lip of the gong.
I use the heavier wire as the mass seems to maintain a more even heat giving giant hits with no scorching.
They take some practice but once I got it down there is no better all around unit........so far.

This is on demand right?
Have you tried temp control, that’s what I’m asking about here?

MLBxxMLB,

scy123

Trusted Member Don't Worry
Usually with temp control you only need to setup the tcr value. If the tcr is known it's as easy as inputting the values in your mod. If tcr is not known it's more tricky. I'm guessing someone knows or figured out the tcr though.

How well your mod and the Stempod SI will handle temp control is another issue. Temp control depends on accurate resistance readings, so if their was a loose connection in the path that would skew the ohm readings you will definitely run into problems.

Last edited:
scy123,

MLBxxMLB

I ordered the Clapton coils from MPL. $5 so low investment if it doesn’t work out. On their site it says 215 TCR.

But is that it? You just set the TCR and it’s like session mode on other vapes or is there still some user technique required like with on demand.

One thing I would find useful is a dosing capsule. Since you invert the bowl/mouthpiece some material can fall onto the screen close to the coils if you pack too light.

MLBxxMLB,

scy123

You set the tcr than set desired temps and the max wattage you want it to use to maintain temp.

Now when you press the button it will boost to set temp using the max watts you set and than maintain that temp. Most vape reach max temps in a second maybe if you set watts high enough. It’s more on demand than session.

You don’t really need a technique if your settings are right and everything is working as should it shouldn’t go over set temp more than couple degrees.

scy123,

MLBxxMLB

You set the tcr than set desired temps and the max wattage you want it to use to maintain temp.

Now when you press the button it will boost to set temp using the max watts you set and than maintain that temp. Most vape reach max temps in a second maybe if you set watts high enough. It’s more on demand than session.

You don’t really need a technique if your settings are right and everything is working as should it shouldn’t go over set temp more than couple degrees.

So is it more of a limiter so that when you are firing it doesn’t go beyond the temp you set and combust?

MLBxxMLB,

scy123

kinda like a limiter, the software will adjust the wattage to maintain temps as best it can. Here is a graph of one of my tc setups I took the other day. The first 5 secs was a steady pull and than I just start pulling on it erratically for testing purpose. During the steady pull it maintained temp +-10f. You can see that huge boost it did to reach temp too.

scy123,
Top Bottom