Help me with first DHV

Marko94

Hello everyone, it's me again.
Some things are bothering me. First of all, I've already ordered DHV, it's arriving tomorrow, but I can still cancel it before I start using it. Now, what's bothering me is whether I've chosen a good DHV, a quality one, and so on. I tried to avoid something low-budget but also not too expensive for a start. My decision fell on this: Aris Ultra with Glass Bubbler For example, it has a titanium chamber, a convection heating system, a patented airflow system that allows for easy cleaning, materials like titanium, and thick Pyrex glass. My other choices were :
Now I'm asking for advice from you experienced users, did I make a good choice, should I choose something else?
I know that Aris Ultra is not famous outside Europe , but be gentle :D Thanks.

Marko94,

Rodney

From reading on here this Xmax v3 pro is a very good vape for the price. The Aris is not talked about much on here but there is this thread with 2 promising posts at the bottom referring to it

See most on here are from USA so they go for vapes over that way. I am from the UK myself and must say the Aris looks interesting but as not many reviews have avoided but that does not mean it is a bad vape.

I really hope you get the feeling and affect you want from whatever vape you get and please please do post back especially about the Aris so we all now for future reference :)

Rodney,
Reactions: Marko94

Marko94

From reading on here this Xmax v3 pro is a very good vape for the price. The Aris is not talked about much on here but there is this thread with 2 promising posts at the bottom referring to it

See most on here are from USA so they go for vapes over that way. I am from the UK myself and must say the Aris looks interesting but as not many reviews have avoided but that does not mean it is a bad vape.

I really hope you get the feeling and affect you want from whatever vape you get and please please do post back especially about the Aris so we all now for future reference :)
Hi, thank you for your reply. I know that most of the people here are from the USA, and that is why I asked for other recommendations and/or suggestions. If something is better and with reasonable price, I can get it. :)

But yeah, if I choose to keep Aris ( if no one says that something else is better ) , I will post here more reviews !

Marko94,
Reactions: Rodney

gmocooties

Looks like the Aris is another version/rebrand of the Weecke Fenix Pro - this is a common practice with Weecke's vapes and there's quite a few companies that do it (e.g. Utilian, Healthy Rips, POTV). Some make modifications to the stock units, while others do not. I haven't used one personally (though I have used the Fenix Mini and it was a decent little vape), but they seem like a good option for someone just getting into vaping :)

As for your other options, I've only used the Roffu myaelf, but think it's a great unit - especially for the price. I don't use it much these days, as I prefer 'manual' vaporizers, but I often take it with me if I'm going to a party/out on the town/etc, as it's so compact.

Marko94

Looks like the Aris is another version/rebrand of the Weecke Fenix Pro - this is a common practice with Weecke's vapes and there's quite a few companies that do it (e.g. Utilian, Healthy Rips, POTV). Some make modifications to the stock units, while others do not. I haven't used one personally (though I have used the Fenix Mini and it was a decent little vape), but they seem like a good option for someone just getting into vaping :)

As for your other options, I've only used the Roffu myaelf, but think it's a great unit - especially for the price. I don't use it much these days, as I prefer 'manual' vaporizers, but I often take it with me if I'm going to a party/out on the town/etc, as it's so compact.
I think that Roffu is on the same level as Aris Ultra (also same price) and Xmax V3 pro is cheaper but also great. I think Aris will be fine for me, for beginner

Marko94,
Reactions: Rodney

cosimo

I think those options might be too hot for what you are looking for. They sell extras to help cool the vapor such as bubblers, but as they come default , the vapor might be too irritating even at low temps for someone who doesnt smoke. (this is you case right?)

With this in mind, consider an Air Vape Legacy Pro.... there is supposed to be a 100 usd discount code somewhere to bring it to a better price and as it comes it cools vapor quite well.

Marko94

I think those options might be too hot for what you are looking for. They sell extras to help cool the vapor such as bubblers, but as they come default , the vapor might be too irritating even at low temps for someone who doesnt smoke. (this is you case right?)

With this in mind, consider an Air Vape Legacy Pro.... there is supposed to be a 100 usd discount code somewhere to bring it to a better price and as it comes it cools vapor quite well.
Thanks.
Air Vape Legacy Pro is only available, and it is like 90 euro more expensive than Aris Ultra or Roffu.

Specs are similar, temp also.
I bought glass bubbler with the DHV , so it should be fine ( even for me , non smoker)

Marko94,

cosimo

Thanks.
Air Vape Legacy Pro is only available, and it is like 90 euro more expensive than Aris Ultra or Roffu.

Specs are similar, temp also.
I bought glass bubbler with the DHV , so it should be fine ( even for me , non smoker)
Actually, with the discount code the AVLP is 169 euros (on their official EU site)... so just 30 euros more expensive than a lite kit Roffu without a bubbler; and about 30 cheaper than what you got.

anyhow, good thing you got a bubbler with the vape you got. Hope it meets your needs. If it doesnt, dont give up, just look for a better bubbler or cooling stem.

Last edited:
cosimo,
Reactions: budski

Marko94

Actually, with the discount code the AVLP is 169 euros (on their official EU site)... so just 30 euros more expensive than a lite kit Roffu without a bubbler; and about 30 cheaper than what you got.

anyhow, good thing you got a bubbler with the vape you got. Hope it meets your needs. If it doesnt, dont give up, just look for a better bubbler or cooling stem.
Is AVLP better than Aris Ultra or Xmax V3 pro or Roffu?
It has same temperature. So why do you think it will be too hot for me ? I am just confused :)

Marko94,

cosimo

Is AVLP better than Aris Ultra or Xmax V3 pro or Roffu?
It has same temperature. So why do you think it will be too hot for me ? I am just confused :)

if we compare the vapor quality (taste and coolness) with stock components, yes, I believe AVLP is better than those and many other portables. The cooling system the AVLP has by default does a much better job at cooling the vapor without the need of bubblers or longer stems.

Most other vapes such as the ones you mention do not have a good cooling system by default, so you need bubblers or longer stems to help cool the vapor they produce. Many new vaporists are smokers so they dont notice this as much as people like you or me who are not smokers.

budski

cantre member
+1, recommend the airvape being worth the extra$$. The gold capsules and loading tool are both worth the extra $$ to me for convenience and keep the unit clean.

budski,
Reactions: Octavia

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I feel like you will be fine with your choice for a first vape, i think it can be considered kind of lower demand for maintainance than the AVLP. Better invest in a high quality gear next if you feel like vaping is for you and you wanna get better taste and effects :) ,why not even a desktop if you can afford the space at home :) !
Also in EU there is a 14 day return policy in case you do not like it ! My advise is to run a few empty runs on the maximum heat cycle and decide if this is something you wanna inhale trough in the first place. I am blessed DBV and Vapman were the standard when i started vaping and there was none of those plastic toys around , i always cringe from materials like plastic and silicone. IMO that silicone gasket around the screen is one of the most unpleasant things in my view of the model you chose,those things just reek of chemistry.

Last edited:

budski

cantre member
I started with a V3pro, good choice for budget, didn't take long to want more, after several vapes I think the avlp is one of the best values for what you get when you can secure a discount price.

budski,
Reactions: cosimo

Marko94

I started with a V3pro, good choice for budget, didn't take long to want more, after several vapes I think the avlp is one of the best values for what you get when you can secure a discount price.
I know, I always want the best. During my first research didn't noticed it or no one from vaporents reddit recommended it.

Also in EU there is a 14 day return policy in case you do not like it !
Yes, but is says if I open the box and using a device , it is not possible to return it ( as it is medical device, it is going it the mouth, hygiene etc )

Marko94,

Abysmal Vapor

I know, I always want the best. During my first research didn't noticed it or no one from vaporents reddit recommended it.

Yes, but is says if I open the box and using a device , it is not possible to return it ( as it is medical device, it is going it the mouth, hygiene etc )
They want you to believe this ,but the fact is they do not have a right to deny it .

I updated my previous posts with the concerns about your choice. Have in mind there are many sensitive people to inferior smells and they could never be in piece with such unit, yet there are other who are not even bothered by this a bit. So it is pretty much a personal thing. I cannot stand plastics and silicone gaskets as they break easily and smell when heated,but this is in no way related to how a vaporizer does its job at extracting active ingredients .
There are even companies that go above and beyond in customer satisfaction .
If you ever around for a desktop , i really recommend a ball vape, they need to be a little careful as you can burn yourself,but for 200 euro ,can be find cheaper at other places probably with discounts.
I am going to make a thread about this one when i find the time ,but it has thumbs up from me .

Last edited:

Rodney

If you end up loving vaping like we all do you will buy vape after vape anyways so you will end up with all the vapes you listed and more so i would not worry about it too much and just be happy that you are choosing vaping over smoking as that is the main thing here.

cosimo

Ah guys.. now I don't know what to do. Hehe
I know, the options are too many to decide peacefully. I think as long as you have the bubbler you will be ok, you might even find you dont need it. I know non smokers that tolerate higher temps than I do. As Abysmal says, choosing a vape is very subjective. I taste the metal and plastic in most portable vapes and hate it, but other people dont mind it, others dont perceive it at all.

cosimo,

Marko94

They want you to believe this ,but the fact is they do not have a right to deny it .

I updated my previous posts with the concerns about your choice. Have in mind there are many sensitive people to inferior smells and they could never be in piece with such unit, yet there are other who are not even bothered by this a bit. So it is pretty much a personal thing. I cannot stands plastics and silicone gaskets as they break easily and smell when heated,but this is in now way related to how a vaporizer does its job at extracting active ingredients .
There are even companies that go above and beyond in customer satisfaction .
If you ever around for a desktop , i really recommend a ball vape, they need to be a little careful as you can burn yourself,but for 200 euro ,can be find cheaper at other places probably with discounts.
I am going to make a thread about this one when i find the time ,but it has thumbs up from me .
Good to know.. But this is what is stated on MagicVaporizers :
Vaporizers sold at MagicVaporizers are meant to be used orally which means they classify as hygienic goods and are not returnable due to health regulations if the seal has been broken and/or they have been used before you changed your mind. Your statuary rights are not affected and we comply with all EU laws regarding consumer rights. See Article 16 "Exceptions from the right of withdrawal" (e) at https://eur-lex.europa.eu

Marko94

Have in mind there are many sensitive people to inferior smells and they could never be in piece with such unit, yet there are other who are not even bothered by this a bit. So it is pretty much a personal thing. I cannot stand plastics and silicone gaskets as they break easily and smell when heated,but this is in no way related to how a vaporizer does its job at extracting active ingredients .
That is something what I wanted to take care. whatching reviews and going on specs , I didnt saw that Aris Ultra has plastic inside. Titanium chamber, air path pyrex glass.. am I missing something ?

Marko94,

Abysmal Vapor

The mouthpieces. It is housed in plastic and also a silicone gasket on the filter which sits right over the hot titanium chamber.
Also the heater itself is mounted on plastic.
en-wolkenkraft-aeris-ultra~5.jpg
81Ddzz-qZ+L._AC_SX679_.jpg
What i am seeing here is that the hot heating chamber is mounted in plastic and the silcone gaskets seals it,but i dont think you can say it takes it out of the airpath.

Last edited:
Abysmal Vapor,
  • Wow

Marko94

The mouthpieces. It is housed in plastic and also a silicone gasket on the filter which sits right over the hot titanium chamber.
Also the heater itself is mounted on plastic.
damn.. didnt saw plastic anywhere. But at least, it can smell like plastic during vape. I can not inhale plastic etc ? as it is not directly connected with air path ? or ?

Marko94,

cosimo

damn.. didnt saw plastic anywhere. But at least, it can smell like plastic during vape. I can not inhale plastic etc ? as it is not directly connected with air path ? or ?
you shouldnt taste anything other than the herbs, but some people do others dont. Unfortunately, it is something you must check yourself.

cosimo,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Yes it is all sheathed in plastic, these electronic mass produced vapes have a lot of compromises on material purity although some are more sensitive than others (and it's not just about temperature settings available there are a wide variety of different features across different vapes in the way they are used effectively, and compromises)

Top Bottom