• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Help from someone in the know on making concentrate?

Old_muel

Please help, I got some gumby hash (same thing as bubble) that I want to turn into oil to be diluted with terps & used in an e-cig. Got the hash, 99% iso, 80% ethanol & coffee filters. Want to know whether whether I'd be best off to do an iso extraction & then winterise with ethanol or just do a straight ethanol extraction & whether or not I can winterise as part of a single ethanol extraction or if I'd have to evap the initial run & redo with more ethanol to then winterise.
Options I'm thinking are;

1) Dissolve hash thoroughly in room temp iso, filter through coffee filter, evap, should be left with 2g ish concentrate that will have waxes, fats, chlorophyll still in it so next winterise; dissolve in ethanol, freeze solution for 48hrs, filter while in freezer, evap, done.

2) Dissolve hash thoroughly in room temp ethanol, filter through coffee filter, evap, should have 2g ish concentrate with waxes etc still present, winterise; re-dissolve in new ethanol, freeze solution for 48hrs, filter in freezer, evap, done.

3) Dissolve hash thoroughly in room temp ethanol, filter through coffee filter, winterise; freeze solution for 48hrs, filter in freezer, evap, done.

Thinking probly option 1 but would love to know if option 3 would work, can anyone offer insight or please tag someone who can? Cheers

Old_muel,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I cannot understand why you would take delicious bubble and turn it into an oil cart.

Have you considered simply bagging it in a filter and press out some tasty rosin? Easy peasy and you will get an excellent yield and delicious product with bubble starting material.

FlyingLow,

Old_muel

Oops sorry allow me to clarify- gumby hash is like bubble hash in that it's extracted using ice water, but rather than being filtered through the bags it's just left to sit & the trichomes precipitate out on the bottom then the water is siphoned off & your left with all the grades combined, probably a little plant matter too, it's pretty far from bubble, like poor mans bubble, good for this purpose though i reckon, should have said that.
I do have rosining capabilities but have never tried it with hash & don't have filters so i'd just be using coffee filters, I'd imagine a winterised solvent extraction would come out cleaner than that though yeah?

Last edited:
Old_muel,
Top Bottom