Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.
Google brought me to this forum and what a gold mine of information it is. I am brand-new to vapping and have an Extreme on its way to my doorstep. Thank you all for your participation in the Extreme threads, especially Stickstones.

One of the main reasons I chose the Extreme (before finding this forum by the way) is because it appears to be a unit I can operate by myself using a whip once the bowl is loaded. I normally don't start out spewing private information about myself on the Internet, but you people seem cool enough, so here's my story... I became a quadriplegic, with limited arm and no hand function, after suffering a spinal cord injury years ago. Enough said about that. My wife doesn't smoke, but doesn't care if I do. It's just a pain in the ass to get her to stop what she's doing and hold the pipe and lighter for me. Hopefully that is now a thing of the past! I want to be able to turn the unit on, roll up to it in my wheelchair, lift the whip, and start puffing.

Given all that information, I'm wondering what the minimum amount is I can add to the cyclone bowl to get started and how to take my first hits. I'm a lighter weight hitter probably than most here. I like to get a buzz and maintain that altitude for awhile throughout the day, not get obliterated on my first hit and trying to function on the limited cylinders I've got left.

Medivape,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
Hi Medivap :) welcome among us !!! glad you enjoy the extreme !! it's probably way easier for you to get high now !!

Bonjour from quebec/canada :)

Clear_Dome,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Welcome to the forum dude. It's really great here. I'm sorry to hear about your condition, but hopefully a vaporizer will provide a remedy for your situation. I'm sure if you have any questions someone will be able to answer them (I don't own an extreme). Hope to see you around. :D

SpiralArchitect,

max

Out to lunch
Welcome medivape. Glad you discovered vaporization and a vape to suit you. Sounds like you'll need to use the Extreme with your bowl loaded and in place for longer periods of time than the norm. From my time using the V-Tower (think Extreme in whip mode), it seemed to be fairly tolerant of leaving the bowl on, but if you intend to go for extended periods of time between hits you may want to shut the unit down from time to time, since your herb will heat up from the ambiant heat. You can load as much or as little as you like, and vary your hits accordingly. Loading small amounts will be safer if you're looking for small hits, while a larger load will require more careful draws. There's a learning curve to any whip vape, so expect a period of adjustment while you get used to it.

I'm sure some of our experienced Extreme owners can offer some helpful suggestions in using the vape in the best way to fit your requirements.

max,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
:wave: Medivape. Smart move, your lungs will thank you.

I'm wondering what the minimum amount is I can add to the cyclone bowl to get started and how to take my first hits.
Don't quote me on this, but I think the minimum load is enough to fully cover the screen and then a little more. Maybe 0.25g or so, but like max said, you can load up more and just take smaller hits. Experimenting is half the fun. :D

If you have more questions ask away.

Seeya in the clouds.

vtac,

marcuss

above the clouds
Benvenuto Medivape!!!....greetings from little italy!!

I'm sure you will find your way to get the spicy clouds...just try all the delivery methods the "E" can supply to find out the best for you....the on/off theory should be easier but you need some heat up time each session...believe me you will change your smoking habit very soon... :brow:

marcuss,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Hi Medivape welcome to forum and your new toy :tup: I think you may have found the perfect vaporizer for your situation. With the remote and turbo whip function the E will be fantastic for you IMO.

vaporcloud,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
like the others...welcome medivape...glad to see our conversations around here have been helpful to you.

I think you will probably get the best results if you pack your bowl halfway (that's all the way up to the black coating) since you want to minimize your wife's involvement. This should provide you with about six whip hits or so, and I usually only need the first two to get me blasted. Then you can take the next four or so hits over the next couple of hours. Each hit will become less potent and less tasty. If you go this route, then you will need to find the balance that works for you regarding the other suggestions here so far. I used to leave my Extreme on for long periods of time and then hit it on demand, but I noticed the weed dried out faster. Now I tend to take what I want and turn it off so it doesn't dry out. I just make sure I turn it on about 20 minutes before I'm ready for the next hit.

stickstones,
Well thank you very much, you guys are awesome. The Extreme was ordered yesterday so it will probably be a week before I get it. It's traveling from Canada to Florida. I'll be sure to let you know how things go.

Medivape,
So my extreme was shipped on Monday and arrived this afternoon... I get the science behind how it works, simple really, but it is one of the coolest toys I've purchased, and my very first vaporizer. The remote is nice, but not necessary because the buttons are easy to press on the front panel. To me it looks more like a small kitchen appliance rather than paraphernalia (when the whip is not connected that is). Being able to get high whenever I want now justifies the cost.

The bowl is half full and I let it warm up for a good 25-30 minutes before taking the first toke with the temperature set at 220C. The hits weren't real thick, but I was surprised at the buzz I got. It crept up on me and I was good. The taste is fantastic and now I understand "Fuck Combustion"! I'll be spending the weekend experimenting. Thanks again for all the useful information in the many extreme threads.

Medivape,

marvel

Medivape, you lucky bastard, you are in for one hell of a life changing treat. The Extreme is going to bring you to an entirely new plane of marexstence (heh, see what I did there?).

Fill the bowl to the bottom of the black band. That's necessary for proper operation. This isn't like smoking, you don't load varying amounts to vary the level of the hits... You just put it all in and vary your hits by how often you decide to suck on the tube. The herb won't be used up. You can put the cyclone bowl away and re-vape that herb again the next day. With my use, one "bowl-full" lasts me a week before it loses it's potency and taste.

You're also right about how you want to use it - your wife can load it up and turn it on and then you can suck on it all day long as you please. You don't have to turn it off between hits (in fact it's preferable that you DON'T turn it off), and you can take dozens of hits off one bowl-full before it has to be changed... with your use that will last multiple sessions.

So, my suggestion: Load a bowl, turn the unit on, fan setting to off, and temperature to 230c. Put the whip in the bowl and let it sit 15-20 minutes. Take a nice lungfull. Then sit your ass down and don't have any more for at least 10 minutes. You're going to be tempted to take more but it will come on strong. Don't worry, it won't fuck you up and make you crazy. You're going to really enjoy it. You'll have the dosing figured out after a few sessions, you'll know how long and how strong you need to draw to maintain your level of buzz.

If this message is all screwed up, it's my Extreme's fault. ;) I'm spinnin' ...

marvel,

marvel

Hah I should have read the whole thread before replying. That's what I get for surfing high. :D

marvel,
Thanks guys, it is definitely a life improvement. That sounds so dramatic but it's true.

The buttons on the front panel are easy to use. The only big thing I can see about the remote is that it makes turning the fan on and off a lot more convenient.

A of Z, I don't see how you can be hanging around here for so long without getting something to experiment on like a VG. It would drive me crazy! How long do you have to wait to get your card? Is it a lengthy process?

Medivape,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
well, im waiting ntil after my next psychiatrist appointment because im going to get her to sign the papers. its a longshot, but if she does it will save me $140... unfortunately its in mid-november
if she doesnt sign the actual paper im going to get a signed note from her that my conditions are real, to make its easier to get the card from a doctor that does do them
the other thing thats obstructing me is that the nearest doctor is 40 miles away, and i jst dont ave any real means of transport... when it comes down to it, ill probably get a friend to take me then ill pay gas and smoke them out afterwards

im a very patient person just in general, and i find other things to do in my free time

Acolyte of Zinglon,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom