Hello. How do you guys use so little?

Ltblue

Hey guys, I am new to the vape world. I did recently purchased a Volcano digital vaporizer and have been using it instead of smoking. I have used one in the past(5yrs ago) and never thought any of it other than it was different. The beginning of this year was when my lungs finally couldn't take anymore, hence why I bought the vaporizer. At first, I did get some bad headaches(light migraine) but eventually it stopped. Also it took a while to realize how many times i can actually fill up the bags(about 5 times). The one thing that I still don't know is how are you guys using so little? I've seen you guys posted .2-1.0g and to me that seems too low, either that or I am putting in way too much. Any advice? Thanks.

mod note: Title changed to reflect actual topic, thread moved. (You've done nothing wrong, by the way.)

Ltblue,

Tweek

For the Volcano, try placing the liquid pad in there. This will go a long way to helping you use less. I find that even with that little trick, I end up wanting to use more psychologically because of the size of the bowl/bag. So a bit of willpower helps as well :D

Tweek,
Reactions: OF

Ltblue

Thanks for the reply, I will try it with the liquid pad when I get a chance. I feel that if you put more inside the chamber, the more concentrate the vapor becomes, and the less you have to use. For example, if I put 1.5-2g into the chamber usually two bags is all that is needed. If I use .5g, it usually takes all of it(5bags) for me to feel the effect, and it's like a lighter high. That's the best way I can explain it.

Ltblue,
Reactions: ShipDit

Reveen

The volcano can be a herb hog compared to other vapes with smaller chambers. I agree with the post about using the liquid pad. But just think . . . you get to re-use all that AVB for whatever you want!

Ltblue

The volcano can be a herb hog compared to other vapes with smaller chambers. I agree with the post about using the liquid pad. But just think . . . you get to re-use all that AVB for whatever you want!

what would you guys use the AVB for? it is pretty much useless no?

Ltblue,

OO

Technical Skeptical
If the effect is lacking, there are other vapes which give an effect similar to combusting. All of the freebase style ones (ubie, gnome, hammer) will get you to that level with minimal material(0.025-.1g).

I prefer the lighter experience most often, but sometimes opt for the 'X-factor' experience which only certain types of vapes have (immediate noticeable head change).

OO,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
My first couple years vaping I used a lot more herb too. Once I really learned more about manipulating temperatures and techniques and adding in accessories is when I learned that less goes a long way. There are still a few members here that I find it mind boggling as to how little weed they use. Its like they're fucking Yoda or something...I guess that's one of the reasons I hang around, I keep learning.

Someone wise told me that if you want to succeed at anything in life that you should always surround yourself with people smarter than you....and let me tell ya, im pretty stupid so finding those people is pretty easy! :bowdown:

max

Out to lunch
I never used as much herb (vaporizing) as I did when I was filling bags on a regular basis. It's largely psychological. You just tend to load more, trying to get that milky looking bag. Then your tolerance level goes up because you're using more and then you're also loading more because you want/need that extra bag.

I've also used log vapes for years, and they have the smallest bowls you'll find, some loaded bowls have less than .05g. The log vape with a small bowl like this, and somewhat restricted air flow, means you get small doses when you hit. Since you have to reload several times to use a lot (a 'lot' being relative), you end up just not reloading after a bowl or 3 (depending on the person and tolerance level), because you've gotten enough to satisfy and the smaller hits have given your body time to react, kind of like eating slow vs. eating fast. Shovel the food down fast and it's easy to overeat 'cause the body hasn't had time to say 'enough'.

I never go on a tolerance break, but can achieve a very low tolerance level by using just my small bowled log vape, and keeping the big hitter on the shelf. It does take some will power sometimes, but it's a lot easier for me than abstaining completely.

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
For the volcano (solid valve ime) the most efficient load is around .1
Try to use smaller bags and fill less so you can finish quicker, avoiding condensation.

.5 per day is my reasonable amount, its a good middle if you are looking for optimal medication and conservation.

It is more than possible to get an all day strong medication from such amounts

Roger D,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
That's really impressive Vicki, considering you're using for medication. Just goes to show that the LB is a great vape for dosing.

I only use for medication now, so I will try to go as long as I can before I dose. Like today, for example. I'm having a decent day and haven't even needed to use any meds yet. That helps a lot.

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
I have to agree with Reveen on this one. While the volcano is a fine vape, IMO it's an "herb hog." Along with health, efficiency was the major reason I wanted to switch to vaporizing. No matter what technique I used with my volcano, my lungs felt great, but I always used more than combusting.

After a few months of my wallet hurting, I switched back to smoking. Then about 6 months ago, I discovered FC. I was tired of hacking my lungs out every morning. After talking with people here about their experiences, I discovered that while technique plays its part in efficiency, the kind of vaporizer you are using plays perhaps an even greater role.

Because of the fine peeps at FC, I discovered that a "log" style vape was probably the most efficient. I then held my breath and bought an Underdog log vape. Since then, my consumption has been reduced by 30-40% and my lungs feel great. Needless to say, my volcano and my pipes are now taking up shelf space. :smug:

Crohnie,
Reactions: axakal
While the volcano is a fine vape, IMO it's an "herb hog."
This is my experience also. To be most effective, it requires a fair bit of flowers - which makes it great for multiple people.

Because of the fine peeps at FC, I discovered that a "log" style vape was probably the most efficient.

Agreed, I was surprised how much the Nano cut down my already low consumption.

kingofnull,
Reactions: Crohnie

hoptimum

Hey guys, I am new to the vape world. I did recently purchased a Volcano digital vaporizer and have been using it instead of smoking. I have used one in the past(5yrs ago) and never thought any of it other than it was different. The beginning of this year was when my lungs finally couldn't take anymore, hence why I bought the vaporizer. At first, I did get some bad headaches(light migraine) but eventually it stopped. Also it took a while to realize how many times i can actually fill up the bags(about 5 times). The one thing that I still don't know is how are you guys using so little? I've seen you guys posted .2-1.0g and to me that seems too low, either that or I am putting in way too much. Any advice? Thanks.

mod note: Title changed to reflect actual topic, thread moved. (You've done nothing wrong, by the way.)

Youre using too much. You only need to cover the screen. .15-.2 grams seems to be enough to fill at least 4 bags and maybe 5. I start at 365f then go up 10 degrees, finishing at 395 or 405. Its about the same amount I use to fill a Solo stem.

hoptimum,
Top Bottom