heavy users - how long after you quit cold turkey does it take you to feel less foggy/slow?

3dfx-glide

Boats & Harbors
When I use a lot over a long period of time, I notice once I stop using, I just feel generally stupid and slower and not as sharp as I normally am. You have that "haze" hanging over you

How long would you figure that after you quit using completely for a while, before you feel normal?

Last edited:

Robert-in-YEG

When I use a lot over a long period of time, I notice once I stop using, I just feel generally stupid and slower and not as sharp as I normally am. You have that "haze" hanging over you

How long would you figure that after you quit using completely for a while, before you feel normal?
If I am vaping, after 90 minutes, I feel nothing. That however, is just me. I have a very high tolerance.

If I ingest cannabis, like oils or edibles, I can't predict what happens.

Robert-in-YEG

b9574e18f0ae74c56e3c089abade1ef6.jpg

Robert-in-YEG,

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Keep going! I don't feel foggy or slow these days, in fact I think I must be lucky because I don't think I've ever felt any long lasting negative effects.

I do tend to wait until the evening these days before starting, but that was because I found abstaining during the day made my nighttime medicating much more effective.

Finessseee

I’m on day 19 of a T break - last usage was the day before New Year’s Eve. I felt like shit for the first week or so. Week 1 - Typical withdrawal related symptoms included feeling exhausted all day, anxiety / irritability, headaches, belching / burping often, short term memory issues. Week 2 - felt so much better. Sleeping great with vivid dreams, feeling well rested in the mornings, more motivation, eating and digesting better, clearer head, short term memory already seemingly back to normal. Each Week gets better and better. From experience (I take breaks every quarter year, the first week sucks balls, I feel like I have Covid or the Flu with psychosis, but after that everything clears up). I’d say after 14 days you should be feeling A1. First week withdrawals are no joke though!

Madtater

Only quitters quit.

If you dont quit, you wont have to worry about any type of withdrawal symptoms.

I smoked every single day multiple times a day for 5 years prior to me heading into the military. Quit cold turkey. No withdrawal symptoms , no sleep patterns broken or funny dreams.

I will listen to my doctor instead of some random youtube “influencer”

howie105

If I am out working, then three or four days clears the head and sleep normalizes. If I am snowed in and spending too much time on my butt, it can take twice as long for things to clear. Two things to also consider which are individual factors is what one calls heavy usage and one's overall physical and mental state.

350ro87

I'd say about 3 days in i start feeling more sharp and motivation comes back but I'll be super irritable. Rn I'm on a break but I havnt been a heavy user lately so it's more subtle but still noticeable

GoldenBud

I'd say about 3 days in i start feeling more sharp and motivation comes back but I'll be super irritable. Rn I'm on a break but I havnt been a heavy user lately so it's more subtle but still noticeable
maybe side effects will be noticed later. although I felt it from day 1.. already 21 days without weed here..still feeling a bit side effects of headaches/weakness in my body, but it's getting better!

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Knewt

PeteyS

It doesn't take long friend, hang in there.
For me, it typically takes about a week of short temperedness, and heightened anxiety, but then gets better quickly from there.
By week three or four, you should be mostly back to normal, with a clear head, and extra motivation to boot.
At this point, you will be able to "give or take" the habit. Its up to you.

Has anyone else suffered from erectile disfunction as a withdrawal symtom?

PeteyS,

GoldenBud

day 127 without weed. still having mild depression in the evenings. headaches are pretty much gone. I've had them up to day 120~, the first 50 days were tough. I couldn't get a proper sleep up to day 30 I think, and was angry from day 30 up to 40. my lungs feel much better.

Up to day 120 I've also had morning fatigues. My solution was getting some minutes of sun light and it really helped. Also had to reduce caffeine usage and exercise a lot

Last edited:
Top Bottom