Have (old) SSV and PAX1, thinking about Super SSV, Mighty/Crafty, other portables

FractaLSD

PsychMyc
Hey all you guys and gals at FC, you were extremely helpful in my selection of my first vape ever, the SSV, and what better advice could I have asked for? (About 5 years ago i got my SSV). Its definitely still working perfectly, although missing the arty knob (not that it matters since underneath is a more accurate heat switch lol). Also i have to say, i had the original Pax for about 2 years now and i was disappointed by it. I bought it straight from Ploom and at first was doing great,but just within a few weeks (lubricant and stuff) was simply stuck shut and wont work or open. And thats okay, but i tried contacting ploom about it (specifically replying to one help email address that i know they check) maybe 3 separate times, i wanted to send it in to get it fixed. NO ANSWER AT ALL. The only answer was something like an automated "are you following these easy steps? If it still doesnt help, contact us again and we will help you". After that, no reply whatsoever so im stuck with a Pax that doesnt work. And as for its vapor quality it was nice but it was no SSV. People who know how to draw on a real vape whip seemed to like it but some people just didnt know how to hit it right. Also most strains the SSV did MUCH better when comparing.
(^THIS IS BACKGROUND "TL;DR" but it is important as why im NOT considering things like Pax2 and the Firefly....unless you guys think i should give them more of a chance... )

So okay i decided since i do already have an (old but still working well) SSV, my first thought was the new Super SSV, i love the idea of forced air on such a great vape and bags too. But with the $420 price, is it actually worth it? Im fine with drawing on my old SSV. Just hope the heating element lasts ANOTHER 5 years lol. Also drawing my eye in the plug-in arena, the Plenty. But again, maybe not worth it with a working SSV? What i think i really want is a portable like the Mighty. I was also reading about a somewhat cheaper "grasshopper"? And also im completely unfamiliar with these log vapes like the E-Nano... Never tried one, ever. The devices im most interested in are the Mighty, Super SSV, And these new things like the grasshopper. Is there something like the mighty thats equallty good but also cheaper (storz and bickel pricing, sigh, lol)

I know this is ALOT of text but i am so grateful for any advice! Thanks so much to anyone who reads this! Any input would be really great, of people who are familiar with these devices!

(UPDATE: btw decided to give contacting ploom one last chance, i figure by phone would be better, but thats really not at all what im trying to figure out in this thread, and totally not out to make anyone look bad thats for sure, just for the record. And if there is a good reason why a PAX2 is worth it, im open minded to anything really. Just didnt like not getting any support for my PAX1 through their system)

Last edited:
FractaLSD,

max

Out to lunch
So okay i decided since i do already have an (old but still working well) SSV, my first thought was the new Super SSV, i love the idea of forced air on such a great vape and bags too.

Done the bag thing. Lots of us have. In the end, the consensus is that bags are boring and you tend to use more. I know I used a lot more herb years ago when I was filling bags. It's not that the design forces you to use more. It's a psychological deal, where you end up just loading more. Forced air in whip mode did not catch on either. It was just a novelty as it turned out.

But with the $420 price, is it actually worth it?
IMO no. 7th Floor hit their home run with the plain ole SSV, and the DBV was an excellent alternative for less $. Everything else they've done in whip mode is just glitz to chase fringe sales. The SSV is one of the best direct draw vapes ever, and with the option of different heater covers to suit different tastes in hits, it's really hard to beat for the $. If I didn't have a VapeXhale EVO, I'd still be using my SSV as my big hitter. As for the heating elements, they last for many years. You'll find lifetime warranties galore on ceramic elements, and 7th Floor uses very high quality ones.

What i think i really want is a portable like the Mighty.
Good portable, but you really don't have to pay that much to get good quality. All S&B products are overpriced IMO.

subway13029

Check out the boundless CFx..very cheap alternative to mighty..about 160..and if you don't mind butane torch vape and big hitter check out the supreme 3..not so portable but huge hitter..but I first say check out CFx...maybe milaana (very new tech)very good...

subway13029,
Top Bottom