Hash under glass, near vapor...

Purple-Days

Introduced to me in '74.

This is a low temperature trick taught to me by a German. I haven't seen commercial hashish in decades, but back then we could get ounces pretty often.

Now days the best shaker kief can be pressed into the same 'Sultans's Blonde'. Just I'll never see an ounce again . . . Sherman set the way-back machine, we are going to 1974.

Basically you are after a disk of hashish the size of a dime. American 10 cent piece. Thin is good and smaller than a dime will work fine too.

Tear off the flap of a matchbook. Fold in half in the shape of the letter A. Put a straight pin or sewing needle through the A at the crossbar position. Stick the hash disk on the pin. Light the bottom edge with a match and blow out like incense. Cover with a small water glass. (Rocks glass, low and fat works good, a brandy snifter adds some class).

The smoke/ vapor will start to fill the container and you slide it to the edge of the table and draw the contents slowly out of the glass without lifting it. Fresh air will enter the glass and the process continues.

This is from before the 'vapor age' but was my first exposure to low temperatures. As the ember rises through the hash it obviously heats the jief and releases a lot of vapor along with the smoke from the ember itself.

Not saying it's the best way to consume hashish. But . . .

Purple-Days,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
yeah nice Tom, Dosn't have to be the best method out there mate, but it is another one so many thanx hey, If there's a dozen different ways to do the same thing, id just as sooner know about(try if possible) all twelve & then determine my approach :) I do like the stealth Factor of Hash, Particularly Honey, as a tiny amount goes a fair way. And being pure resin i feel better about smoking it, along side of vaping in general.

the last time Hashish was available to Buy for me was about 20 years ago, I still dont know where i can buy the stuff, But with the SSTB who cares hey :p

Watching those Bubbles reminds me of my old fascination for seeing Photographic paper develop under darkroom conditions, the pyrex dish is kinda like a prospectors Goldpan to me hehehe

Cannabudz,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Yup. I've given this a shot once and it worked pretty good. Hash is rare but I run into it once in a blue moon.

There are lots of video demonstrations if you look up some kind of query with 'hash in glass' or something... It's pretty cool and makes a lot more sense if you watch it :p

SpiralArchitect,

Spiderman

oil baron
Tom,

It works pretty well with hash that burns......but try that with melty hash, and you'll see it fall apart on you.

Spiderman,

Purple-Days

Yeah, eating soup with a fork is tough. :lol:

Sorry, never saw 'melty' hash for sale. :2c:

I'm referring to the old commercial blonde that used to go around. Dry process kief can be pressed into wafers and get the same effect.

Purple-Days,

Spiderman

oil baron
Right on all accounts.......except you need a better hash guy, lol.

I kid, of course :D.

Spiderman,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
Spiderman said:
Right on all accounts.......except you need a better hash guy, lol.

I kid, of course :D.
hahahah yeah they need better hash :lol:......just kidding too :disgust: LOLLL

Clear_Dome,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
My friend showed me hash under glass when we were kids. :)

We usually employed a variation on the idea where you put down a small piece of tin foil and cut the cherry from a cigarette onto it. It quickly stops smoking (at least to the naked eye) but remains glowing red. Put your piece of hash on it and cover with the glass.

Now you can buy basically the same thing for $150. :lol:

http://www.google.com/search?q=space+case+globe

vtac,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
Fuck Vtac how many hours a day do spend Googling bro :lol: Fair dinkum the shit you come up with astounds me, it's like your on the super highway with Radar & shit, and i'm slowly cruising an old highway forgetting to clean the windscreen, One of the reasons you impress me as a moderator :)

Cannabudz,

Purple-Days

Well, that's an interesting method VTAC. The coal providing heat (conduction), the glass. Viola, BC Vape is born. Duh, I never recognized it's inspiration. Never made the connection.

Wow. Learn something new. :D

Purple-Days,

Spiderman

oil baron
Space Case is a RooR product, iirc. Super simple, although I remember seein things like this since before i begin tokin, back in mexico and shit.

Spiderman,
Top Bottom