Hash oil

BL4sT

Take a look at the last hash oil I made. Most of the people don't know how easy it is to do that.

I did it with iso99% this time instead of 70%. I used wash my wand with iso, and used this iso with my abv. So it costs 0 bucks to do, but it produces about 0.5 by month, better than nothing. Next step is to get trims/leaves so I can make much of it. But it's pretty potent product, and it tastes really with this hashy oil taste! Just luv it. Had to smoke it though, vaping it will be a mess! Any comments appreciated :D

photos8103.jpg

BL4sT,

PhishCactus

Lvl. 420 Vaporist
that is indeed yummy, i have about 4-6 grams of lightly vaped abv, and as soon as I get a coffee filter im probably going to try that.

PhishCactus,

BL4sT

Yep, you must try that.

I found that with ABV only, if you vaped it to real dark brown, it will have very low potency.. :\

BL4sT,

PhishCactus

Lvl. 420 Vaporist
Mines all very light green, like if you put it back in the vape you would get hits off of it, do I basically just put it in a jar with 97% iso and shake for 30 secs and then filter and evaporate?

PhishCactus,

BL4sT

Nice, it will be great I think.

Yes, simple as that.. :) For evaporate, use a fan.. it will helps a lot! Heat is not needed

The results may be different, I got really oily stuff this time.. sticks everywhere! last one was more like a hash ball!

BL4sT,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Another cool thing to do is to take your gooey hash ball and put it in the bottom most part of your grinder to collect kief. It makes it quite a but easier to work with this way and vapes very nicely :)

AGBeer,

djonkoman

I still want to make it too someday, still have a garbage bag full of trimgarbage laying around
think that will be hash tough, since 70-90% alcohol is really expensive around here(even the kind ment for medical cleaning, the foodgrade meant for distilling is even more expensive because of all the taxes on it)
so if I can find clean butane or another solvent that's easy to get and not too expensive I will give it a try(in run from the cure I saw rick simpson uses napta or nafta, never know the difference between those 2, maybe I could use that too since I saw that a while back sold in 1 liter botles for a reasonable price)

djonkoman,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
i made a similar oil with ABV & Pure Grain Alcohol, evapped in a food dehydrator @ 100F, then mixed it with some butter to add to candies.

i imagine that it would dissolve equally well in any fat so then could be used in cooking or spread on toast if you can handle the taste. if not, you could mix it with some coconut oil and put it into capsules. Woooo!

and i second AGbeer, take a little lump of it and put it in the bottom of your grinder. this is the only actual reason i have a collecting chamber on my grinder, to have something to make residues and wandhash easier to handle!

herbgirl,

BL4sT

What's the difference between iso and pure grain alcool ?! Pretty much the same results?

I just did a fresh batch of oil 3 days ago, that time I tried using good quality buds... OMG.

The result is stunning. Not worth of it .. but it you have access to lot of weed or money is not a problem, go for it.

I used 7g ... for 0.5 of oil. :| But 0.5 is a LOTTTTT of hit. the taste suprised me so much, mixed with intense high make that one of the best thing I smoked in my life. I mixed it with kief , and wow results are more than awesome.

I'll post pics asap

thank's!

BL4sT,

Brenard420

Creepin in the shadows!
Hello. Long time reader, first time posting.

I got my da buddha about 3 weeks ago and havent combusted since. lovin every minute of it!
I recently ISO washed all my AVB and evaporated it and it didnt turn out quiet as I had hoped. The alcohol was looking pretty black, not that dark dark green i was looking for, and after it was evaporated the "hash" was dark black (looked more like pipe resin to me), clumpy, and smelled like ass and rubbing alcohol lol.

I tend to vape my herb a little hotter and longer and my abv is usually quiet dark. like a combination of coffee and tobacco color i would say. It is much darker than the photos of abv ive seen on these forums. Could this be the reason for my unpleasant results???

Maybe i will try and make cannibutter with it next time; now fearing that it would turn the butter black too:(

Brenard420,

BL4sT

Hi!

I agree, luv da buddha too !!

As for doing hash/oil whatever with AVB, i can suggest that to someone who don't vape the bud for too long. In my case, it's dark brown, and the results are bad taste and no effects.

I did several test, for sure the best is to use good buds, but.. I still collect my ABV, I do a iso wash with it , but before i used the alcohol to remove my wand oil.. and mixed with the abv + 2-3 grams of great buds, the result was quite good. Real black oil, not turning into solid state.. and, dark green inside.. but taste good, and effects are there. :) You can do jelly hash too, mix it with kief.. results are nice! :)

The green stuff is qwiso with good buds, and after mixed with kief. Really high potency.. :D
And the black oil is the mix of abv+2g of bud + wand resin.. good results too. Not as strong as the green jelly, but good too!

photos8113.jpg

photos8117.jpg

BL4sT,

Brenard420

Creepin in the shadows!
Thanks a lot for the info:)

Do you think abv that dark is usless to try and make cannibutter/oil with than?

Brenard420,

BL4sT

Dunno for butter, but.. for oil it gives bad taste and low high, in my case! Mix couple grams of good buds with it.. will add some potency, imo.. :)

BL4sT,

BL4sT

Did some fresh one yesterday

I used 99%iso with dabuddha wand, after mixed it with 3g ABV + 5g of good buds. Here's the results! I love that concentrate. It cost me 25$ to do it. So it's worth it I think! Dunno how to weight it.. if anyone have tips for that? It's really oil, so hard to manipulate.. don't wanna lost it on a tin foil , after week or so at air it stuck a bit, but.. cant wait to knife it! lol

photos8125.jpg

BL4sT,

gvape

BL4st

Just take another blade. Weigh the blade, take the blade out and weigh the blade with the oil... Easy and you wont have to lose any.

gvape,

BL4sT

Damn, im stupid. thank's for the tips, i should have tought to that way before.. loll

that shit is just a bit too potent I think. LOL

weight ; 0.55g oil for 25 bucks haha

BL4sT,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
I used 99%iso with dabuddha wand, after mixed it with 3g ABV + 5g of good buds.

i have heard that the average return on a bho run, is between 10 - 20%. if this rate of return is accurate for an iso wash, then it would seem that adding the abv, and wand hash did very little to improve the potency of your oil. in fact, i think it may have ruined the taste for you - "As for doing hash/oil whatever with AVB, i can suggest that to someone who don't vape the bud for too long. In my case, it's dark brown, and the results are bad taste and no effects."

i wonder if it really is better to make cannabutter, or greendragon with dark abv?

notmyrealUSERname,

BL4sT

Don't really understand your theory, but i'm not really expert in that, so ! You're probably right.

But it didn't affect the taste really much, cause I really enjoy it, pretty much the same taste as for buds only.. And I just don't wanna throw away my ABV so I use with it, and pretty satisfied of the results... I add that ABV and wandhash to make my oil less expensive.. haha :)

BL4sT,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
rate of return = put in X amount of meds and get back Y amount of concentrate.
generally, you should get between a 10 - 20% rate of return with a iso or bho run.

you put in 5grams of of good meds, i think this is the reason that you got 0.55g of oil. 5g * 10% = 0.5gs.

it would appear that the 3grams of abv and some wand hash actually only added apporx. 0.05g to the oil. and it surely detracted from the overall taste (according to what you said earlier).

i don't think that you are actually saving any money by doing it this way. your only paying $5/gram as it is. you won't find meds cheaper than that anywhere, unless you buy in bulk, or grow your own!

i have yet to come up with my ideal strategy for dealing with my abv, which is the reason i was following this thread so closely. i had planned on making oil with my abv once i had revaped it in my HA. however, now i might make two or three batches to see what the best combo will be - lightly vaped, dark vaped, or a combo with fresh meds.

thanks for the updates!

notmyrealUSERname,

treecityrnd

notmyrealUSERname said:
i have yet to come up with my ideal strategy for dealing with my abv, which is the reason i was following this thread so closely. i had planned on making oil with my abv once i had revaped it in my HA. however, now i might make two or three batches to see what the best combo will be - lightly vaped, dark vaped, or a combo with fresh meds.
+1, any updatea much appreciated. A little nervous to do BHO run and seems more expensive for setup, but I wonder if it would be better for ABV?

treecityrnd,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
i used approx 7grams each of both lightly vaped abv (used in any of my vapes once), and dark abv (abv that has been revaped in the HA @ high temps).

The lightly vaped abv produced approximatly 0.25grams of oil. it was fairly potent and obviously didn't taste very good. i was dissapointed in the amount i got back - too little. i was hoping for at least 0.7grams. therefore, i am still not sure if this is the best way to reuse abv. i think i will need to actually make canna butter or green (brown?) dragon to see if those methods will be more efficient.

i also made a batch of qwiso with my HA revaped abv. this batch was 7 grams as well. it produced approx 0.08grams. there is nothing good about this batch, small as it was. no effects were noticed, and the taste was even worse than the lightly vaped abv batch. therefore, i would say that if you revape in the HA, the abv is completely exhausted of all its medicine. i don't think it would even be worth trying to make canna butter or something else with. i have concluded i will just throw it out!

in the end, i think the quality of the oil really depends on what temps the medicine has been vaped @. it seems to be a sliding scale, fresh medicine should produce the most potent and best tasting oil, whereas, dark abv produces dark, useless, horrible tasting oil.

next step is to try separating my the abv according to the temp it was vaped at. then make another series of batches. you should be able to come up with the ideal combo, i.e. initially vape until X temp, then make potent oil with the abv!

btw, i think bho is too expensive for an abv run. however, ymmv according to the price of iso in your area...

notmyrealUSERname,

treecityrnd

Drying a 50/50 batch as I type. 14g ground White Widow (old stuff used for cooking) + 14g ABV. Froze for 30min & then a 40 second 91% Iso wash. Will report back soon. Color looked great after running twice through unbleached coffee filters.

^^^
"next step is to try separating my the abv according to the temp it was vaped at. then make another series of batches. you should be able to come up with the ideal combo, i.e. initially vape until X temp, then make potent oil with the abv!"

- this is seriously my research idea. Have medicine available that are targeted for specific subjective and physiological effects based on pre-vaping temp, decarbox, etc. Really hoping to add a lot of my own data/research to this growing thread: Vaporization temperature dependent selection of effects http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=2197&p=1

treecityrnd,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
making straight ABV oil is ok, i was never happy with the yield tho. If you get 10+% regular, how much do you really think you can get with ABV? Like that guys example above, not much.. I've settled on butter + water method for the ABV.

even worse, if you're mixing good bud and ABV to make the oil, you're mostly just fouling the oil IMO

rabblerouser,

treecityrnd

Almost done drying :)

However, I did notice that as my ISO was evaporating under fans I got a milky white substance before it finally evaporated into a beautiful dark amber. After a lot of research, I've only found one pic of someone doing the slow/fan evaporation process that actually showed this milky color. Most of the "quick" dry methods (heating, etc.) dont ever show this effect.

There is also some white reside on the pyrex dish (where oil is not present) which would signal to me impurities in the process. I used 91% Iso, but did squeeze the unbleached coffee filters to remove all the extra iso extract. I've heard that the "squeeze" could potentially add unwanted matter to my extract. Its not something that I can even really "scrape" with the razor, but there appears to be some very, very fine particles in there (which is why i suggest the impurities from the squeezing).

Any advice or ideas would be much appreciated before my next run...Thanks.

rabblerouser, "even worse, if you're mixing good bud and ABV to make the oil, you're mostly just fouling the oil IMO"

or even better IMO, I'm increasing the potency of the oil by adding some good (that a relative term) medicine to the ABV. Especially if its "old" medicine that was only going to be used for cooking/oils anyway. No loss. It would be the ABV thats "fouling" the oil :). Plus I increase my yield (hopefully, will do mass tonight after full drying).

Mmmmm, and the oil smells like my whip...I wish they could make that into an incense/candle ;) That would be the first "little odor/scent tree" thing that I would ever hand from my rearview!

treecityrnd,
Top Bottom