Hash, gas and limited cash

bb-eight

Hi all,

Been browsing through the forum looking for info to find a vape method to fit my needs and decided to join in and post. I'm hoping the hive mind can come up with something...

I use average quality hash and I burn it currently. I want to switch to vaping and I'd prefer to use a lighter, either yellow flame or torch. Portable is essential, but does not have to be super discreet.
I don't want to spend more than 80 Euros plus tax and must be available for purchase online in the EU. I have considered the obvious like the Lotus, Vapbong and Vaporgenie and I wonder what else is out there.

Specifically among the hash vapers out there, what's your recommendation?

herbivore21

Hi all,

Been browsing through the forum looking for info to find a vape method to fit my needs and decided to join in and post. I'm hoping the hive mind can come up with something...

I use average quality hash and I burn it currently. I want to switch to vaping and I'd prefer to use a lighter, either yellow flame or torch. Portable is essential, but does not have to be super discreet.
I don't want to spend more than 80 Euros plus tax and must be available for purchase online in the EU. I have considered the obvious like the Lotus, Vapbong and Vaporgenie and I wonder what else is out there.

The Vapman. The lotus could be nice too but the Vapman is honestly much easier to use (you are not torching whilst you are inhaling, your torch, then inhale). Also great materials, super cheap and the man who makes them is good people!

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
Gotta agree with my man @herbivore21 .....(who would have thought? :D)

Vapman +Heating Station.... Oh.... Wait, you want da torch?
Then yup...
Vapman classic +Master Case of quality Butane.

Or......

I'm a fuckin HashHead hence the name.....

Da Buddha with @DDave mod.

Fuck a lighter.....
DBV loves Bubble, no flame required.*edit* Rhymin' without tryin'

I know my thumb is much happier nowadays.

herbivore21

Vapman +Heating Station.... Oh.... Wait, you want da torch?
Then yup...
Vapman classic +Master Case of quality Butane.

Or......

I'm a fuckin HashHead hence the name.....

Fuck a lighter.....
DBV loves Bubble, no flame required.

You got two of the biggest hashheads on FC in your thread now @bb-eight :D You flashed the hash signal after all lol :)

If your preference is flame, the vapman is the clear winner in my view. Connects to a 14mm F joint too so you can use your rig :) Gets all of the goods out of your hash in a way that I find a lot of herb vapes can't.

Electronically, my brother above has suggested one of the many great electronic vapes for hash :)

NorVape

Vape Rictim
Well, it was just a matter of time before I joined in then :lol:

And yes, Vapman, with concentrates screens, is my prefered portable hash solution :)

So now you have it both from Americans vaping "modern" hashes, as well as euroboys that vape traditional forms of hashish - Vapman is your hash friend :tup:

And yes! I LOVE the Da Buddah Vape with a @DDave mod for at home hash vaping, so that is a good next step.

AGBeer

Lost in Thought

Fuck a lighter.....
DBV loves Bubble, no flame required.*edit* Rhymin' without tryin'

This

AND you will have the versatility of the DBV for flower PLUS they have an 'oil kit' as well for it. (Effictively turning your DBV into a rock solid e-nail)

bb-eight

leaning towards the vapman over anything else. If only because it's easier to find in the EU than lotus and looks funkier than the vapcap.

(Side note - did you know Amazon uk had a head shop?)

So, basic or classic? There's only £10 difference on th'Amazon but might but elsewhere.

Thanks for th'advice everyone! More welcome too!

Cheers!

NorVape

Vape Rictim
I would buy direct from Vapman, tbh, unless you can buy it with in the toll zones of your own country.

The difference is only in the heat shield, not performance.

I recommend asking the good folks in the Vapman thread on here, which is also one of the nicest places on the whole internet :)

Oh, and it is probally a LOT smaller than you think it is.

bb-eight

Classic, or Basic? Either way, it's gonna come from EDIT.

[Quietly excited] post edit, saw your note that there was no difference betwixt the classic and the basic in vapour performance but still inclined towards the classic since it may last longer

Last edited:

bb-eight

I fear this is a daft question, but are you supposed to put the concentrates under or above the sieve when loading? Above the sieve for a better heating position or below the sieve so hot concentrates don't get drawn up the mouthpiece with the vape? And since when are they called sieves?? They're screens or gauzes, aren't they? Their nomenclature I suppose.

I've decided on the Classic, for aesthetics and longevity. At this time, the choice is getting it from element or through a supplier.

Direct:
-Charged in Dollars, cost is $126 (£89) free shipping for the Classic. Three gauzes and a wood mouthpiece take it up to $144 / £101
-Parcel is likely to be inspected for tax reasons. If the parcel is marked with a value then the box mightn't be opened.
-I pay tax, possibly with a handling fee too, to the postal service, before they'll deliver. Total cost £125 / $178, a smidgeon over my budget. Delay in delivery possible.
-Nice to pay the makers directly for their time and efforts. More choice.
-Parcel might go through unchecked and untaxed, though I suspect this rarely happens.

From a UK suppler like EDIT:
-Charged in Pounds, the classic is $126 / £89 but this price includes tax. Some stores sell for £99 or £109 so EDIT is cheapest. Free shipping.
-No choice for case colour.
-Nobody sells the classic, gauzes and wood mouthpiece from one store! In fact the gauzes are like rocking-horse manure -- impossible to find in stock from any UK shop at the moment. Not enough stores have accessories, and none have the full range.

I won't use any other gauze because I've seen in a photo that they're designed to fit in the bowl perfectly and they look like they've applied the same craftsmanship to the gauze as the main unit.

I already have a torch lighter, one of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/Angled-Blowtorch-Windproof-Electronic-Refillable-Lighter-Turbo/dp/B00JPP650K

Either way, order will be placed within a few days...

bb-eight,
Reactions: NorVape

sativasam

NO SMOKING
Hi all,

I'm a big hash user, and have been using the Lotus for a week. It works well for hash. It's hard to control the temperature so I often get vapour that is a bit to thick for my liking, but that should change as I get better.

Check out the Vapman. Its another popular one.

Hash is kind of awkward to vape. But don't let that deter you from vaping. It took you a while to learn to smoke in terms of rolling etc and it is the same for vaping. My technique varies slightly depending on the vape but here is what I do with the Lotus. My hash is pretty sticky and without fail when I vape it always melts and gets stuck in whatever it has been placed on. So I don't put my hash on the gauze that is inside the lotus. Instead I get a spare gauze and pop it in the top like an extra bowl sitting inside the actual bowl. I put in my my hash and vape slowly, using the stirring tool to open up the melted hash every now and again. I usually stop vaping when I have reached a taste I do not like. I then remove the gauze and scrape of excess hash residue with my nail and fingers. Then I use a needle (which I keep in the pouch with my Lotus) to clean the gauze by poking loads of holes through which pushes the hash out. Preparing the gauze takes me no more than 5 minutes and I reuse the gauze about 10 times before I need a fresh one.

sativasam,

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
I fear this is a daft question, but are you supposed to put the concentrates under or above the sieve when loading? Above the sieve for a better heating position or below the sieve so hot concentrates don't get drawn up the mouthpiece with the vape? And since when are they called sieves?? They're screens or gauzes, aren't they? Their nomenclature I suppose.

I've decided on the Classic, for aesthetics and longevity. At this time, the choice is getting it from element or through a supplier.

Direct:
-Charged in Dollars, cost is $126 (£89) free shipping for the Classic. Three gauzes and a wood mouthpiece take it up to $144 / £101
-Parcel is likely to be inspected for tax reasons. If the parcel is marked with a value then the box mightn't be opened.
-I pay tax, possibly with a handling fee too, to the postal service, before they'll deliver. Total cost £125 / $178, a smidgeon over my budget. Delay in delivery possible.
-Nice to pay the makers directly for their time and efforts. More choice.
-Parcel might go through unchecked and untaxed, though I suspect this rarely happens.

From a UK suppler like EDIT:
-Charged in Pounds, the classic is $126 / £89 but this price includes tax. Some stores sell for £99 or £109 so EDIT is cheapest. Free shipping.
-No choice for case colour.
-Nobody sells the classic, gauzes and wood mouthpiece from one store! In fact the gauzes are like rocking-horse manure -- impossible to find in stock from any UK shop at the moment. Not enough stores have accessories, and none have the full range.

I won't use any other gauze because I've seen in a photo that they're designed to fit in the bowl perfectly and they look like they've applied the same craftsmanship to the gauze as the main unit.

I already have a torch lighter, one of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/Angled-Blowtorch-Windproof-Electronic-Refillable-Lighter-Turbo/dp/B00JPP650K

Either way, order will be placed within a few days...

Ive ordered 2 vapman direct from rene to uk and not paid import tax either time. I may have got lucky however?

VapourHaze,

bb-eight

Lotus or Vapman? Vapman or Lotus? Or Vapman? Or Lotus?

I can get the Lotus for £89 or £101.50 for the high temp cap version and I was set on the Lotus before I heard of the Vapman here.

SativaSam, I know our experiences may vary with VAT charges, but your comment may have made my mind up to go Vapman -- that, and evertything else about it.

I love the manual feel of these things too, like making a french-press coffee.

bb-eight,

NorVape

Vape Rictim
You put the hash on top of the screen, and then another screen on top of it :)

When the screens get dirty you soak them in iso or burn them off.

Might want to get quite a few of those screens.

And regarding the name - I suspect several things in the Vapman Universe is named a bit oddly due to direct tanslations from German and so on :lol:

Last edited:

sativasam

NO SMOKING
What is it exactly that I said the makes you sway more for a Vapman?

You talk about being on a budget so I think it is worth mentioning that the metal plate on a Lotus has to be changed every now and again. I'm not sure if the Vapman ever needs a part change. Others here may know?

I havn't tried a Vapman. I get the impression you want to be hearing from people who have tried both. I asked a similar question in another thread not long ago...
So those that own or have tried both vapes; what do you prefer Lotus or Vapman?
You can read the responses here... http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/butane-vapes.20078/page-3#post-892713

sativasam,

VapourHaze

Lotus or Vapman? Vapman or Lotus? Or Vapman? Or Lotus?

I can get the Lotus for £89 or £101.50 for the high temp cap version and I was set on the Lotus before I heard of the Vapman here.

SativaSam, I know our experiences may vary with VAT charges, but your comment may have made my mind up to go Vapman -- that, and evertything else about it.

I love the manual feel of these things too, like making a french-press coffee.

These guys on here know what theyre talking about .. i know @NorVape has extensive testing with the vapman and traditional hashes and recommends it. I have tried import hash a few times with vm and it works a charm. I cant speak for the lotus but you definately cant go wrong with a vm.

Oh and its the most beautifully designed and ergonomic tool also :)

VapourHaze,

bb-eight

Ahhh, the order has been placed last night for the vm! Got three gauzes and a wood mouthpiece with it - if the gauzes burn out eventually, I hope sellers in the UK have stock by then. What swayed me with the vm was vapour quality (according to reviews), design and build quality, style and size.

Last edited:

bb-eight

Folks who ordered it from element to an address in th' UK, how long did it take for yours to arrive? Mine was sent out Monday and I'm hopeful it'll be there when I get home from work.
eeeeeeeeeee quite excited!

bb-eight,

VapourHaze

Folks who ordered it from element to an address in th' UK, how long did it take for yours to arrive? Mine was sent out Monday and I'm hopeful it'll be there when I get home from work.
eeeeeeeeeee quite excited!

Fairly quick .. today might be optimistic? I would've thought defo by the weekend :)

VapourHaze,

bb-eight

Arrived today. I was at work. My partner was out. It's at the post depot for collection. I'll pick it up tomorrow morning before my train, fifteen minutes out of my way I guess. I don't think they want to collect the tax on it, I just think it was too big to shove through the letterbox.

I suspect I'll be overjoyed by it, but will let you guys know on the morrow. Thanks for your suggestion, I would have not heard of the Vapman otherwise -- in my earlier searches I found it listed as ''herb and flower'' compatible only so I dismissed it immediately.

Cheers!

VapourHaze

Good news! Rene is speedy as always. Takes a while to dial in a new vape especially torch ones .. dont worry it is a fun and rewarding time :) Dont be afraid of the flame .. you will know if you go to far! Hash is more forgiving than flower anyway but needs a little more heat. I hope you enjoy yours as much as we enjoy ours (i think this little thread on FC is one of the friendliest and most fanatical)

@vapman really knocked ut out of the park with the vm. A true piece of engineering / design mastery :)

Top Bottom