Hard hitting Vape for small money

Whazzup

Hi guys!
I hope I don’t get attacked to open a new thread, trust me that I read a lot of threads already and a lot of pages but my individual problem is not solved yet.

im a joint smoker with pure material, no tobacco. I need 2-3 hits to get stoned (red and half closed eyes, wanna lie down fast as possible in my bed) and I love this way of being stoned.
I bought an electric no name vaporiser in the internet for ~47$ (the cheapest I could find in that moment) to try out vaping. I primary want to vape because I want to hide it/to do it on my own that nobody knows. That’s the only reason to be honest. Discretion is most important for me.
The problem is: this vaporiser is obviously cheap and I should better save the money for a better product. I just tried it a few times but I never got a high as I get by a joint. It feels like I get only 30% of the high. I used/wasted minimum 0.2g per session, the taste was always like I read by reviews: better, more intense etc but the effect was not like of a joint. And when I took 2-3 hits of a joint I used less than 0.2g in a vape session.

finally I come to my question or my ask for help of you guys:
I wanted to give vaporising a new try and already wanted to invest in a Arizer Extreme Q for 150$ (In my home country where I live). That’s already the maximum price tag I can/want to invest.
as I said: the „hard hit“ is the most important factor for my investment. A portable device would be obviously nicer than a desktop one, but if a desktop one like the arizer is better for the effect, I would still prefer the desktop device then. I already wanted to buy that Arizer but then I found this forum here and read a ton of stuff and now I’m not sure about this investment. I already watched a lot of reviews of the DynaVap devices as well and that looks interesting too and is even cheaper. I’m really unsure now :D

i don’t have the most money and want to get sure to get the maximum effect out of my investment and I would be glad if some guys with experience could give me an advice. As I said, the effect/the hit is the most important point for me. After that the efficiency of course, I also want to burn less material for same effect. But I guess everyone wants that! :D

howie105

I will suggest the E-Nano from Epic Vape it is my all time favorite device for easy efficiency and taste. It is above your stated price point but in my opinion the $200.00 (US) is well worth the additional cost. Tasty .04g hits can really stretch your supplies and it is very well made and adaptable product.

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
maybe a sticky brick might suit your needs
it is a hard hitting vape if you do not mind using a butane torch and it is in your price range.
Agreed. Too often we rush to recommend a vapcap to anyone on a budget and for a joint smoker it's still a fine idea. But damn: when you consider the better flavor, rapid extraction, and excellent bong-like ritual a Brick is hard to beat for the money.

Personally the Enano is too slow to heat up for me and even heated too slow/vague to change temps.

BestBuds

The Dude
I primary want to vape because I want to hide it/to do it on my own that nobody knows. That’s the only reason to be honest. Discretion is most important for me.
In what way is vaping more discrete for you?

I assume you're talking about smell. If so, look into a sploofy. If you have to keep smell down it works fantastic. I feel it ruins the flavor I get on the exhale so I only use it if someone is coming over. Not so much an issue anymore.

If not, that may help us dial in a specific recommendation.

BestBuds,
Reactions: Whazzup

Vaporware

I came in to recommend looking at Sticky Bricks and similar stuff, VapCaps and logs if you could find one on sale/used, and all of them were already recommended above.

You might even consider building a DIY log if you like building things. There’s at least one good thread in the DIY section here about how to do it.

The Elev8r is a good option too, but it’s all glass/quartz so it’s more likely to break than some of the others.

I’ve never smoked, but people tell me it doesn’t feel the same. You can get a very hard hit from some of these and especially if you use higher temperatures I think it becomes more similar, but I think it will always be different (not worse, just different).

A lot of people who switch take a break from smoking and then start with a vaporizer and they’re often happier with the results. I don’t know exactly why, but if you do order something I would consider taking a break for a few days or more while you wait for it.

I don’t think this is your whole issue with the one you bought if you’re wondering - the really cheap stuff is usually not very good and a lot different from the recommendations you have here.

The Lotus and some others not mentioned here would also be good, but I know less about them.

Good luck with whichever you try!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Vaporgenie! Got an old VaporGenie Coil and I like it, it completes my collection next of my Vaporgenie classic maple, and Glass bat! All three are awesome and non-expensive vaporizers! If you like better battery powered devices we are offering some great units at TopGreen/X-Max but the market is huge and we aren't alone!

I agree with @VaporWare , if you like building things, you'll find a large DIY undersection which is awesome, log vapes, butane vapes or 510 attachments, a lot of knowledge is shared in the DIY section. Recently I bought a device rather expensive which wasn't working better than some of my diy ideas. RBT shared a lot about how to build their devices, I think they even created a thread on this topic here.

Whazzup

Guys just to let you know: bought the Vapcap M today. Did one chamber with ABV (it was almost green/not completely used) and one chamber with bottom of weed and rest hash because I read that you shouldn’t vape pure hash. I can already say: better than my low budget trash evape I had before. I made a good choice. Thanks to all of your advice!!!

to the hash thing: I have just cotton wool. Can I use this as bottom too? And do I just need it on bottom or also on top? Like a sandwich? (I don’t have hemb fibre)

edit: I didn’t get my butan torch lighter yet, so I had to do it with a normal lighter btw! And even with that trash lighter it was already satisfying! I think I will get really happy with this device in future! :)

Last edited:

Vaporware

Cotton can work, but not all cotton is good for this. I’m not sure how you can make sure it’s safe, but maybe someone else will talk more about it. You should be able to just line the bottom and sides and with it and put your hash in the middle though.

If you have hash that you can mold with your fingers, you can also make a flat little disk and just put it on the screen and use it without cotton or anything.

shopdognyc

What is your actual budget? What is the most you want to spend? Easiest would be a Dynavap. It is versatile to use alone, with a J Hook, Glass bubbler, etc.

shopdognyc,

Hippie

Glad you're happy with your choice

The ecig community use Japanese organic Muji or Koh Gen Doh cotton as normal drug store cotton has a flavour from the impurities which the organic stuff doesn't have. It's possible to boil the impurities out with a few water changes but it's a lot of faff, in my opinion, when you can just buy the Japanese organic stuff or degummed hemp fibre.

Gigsabits53

Guys just to let you know: bought the Vapcap M today. Did one chamber with ABV (it was almost green/not completely used) and one chamber with bottom of weed and rest hash because I read that you shouldn’t vape pure hash. I can already say: better than my low budget trash evape I had before. I made a good choice. Thanks to all of your advice!!!

to the hash thing: I have just cotton wool. Can I use this as bottom too? And do I just need it on bottom or also on top? Like a sandwich? (I don’t have hemb fibre)

edit: I didn’t get my butan torch lighter yet, so I had to do it with a normal lighter btw! And even with that trash lighter it was already satisfying! I think I will get really happy with this device in future! :)
I would use organic cotton if you can get it. Inhaling regular cotton is not good for the lungs. At least that's what I have read somewhere, probably here.

Gigsabits53,

ginolicious

Flowermate cap turned up to the highest setting hits pretty hard. They are only about $70.

I don’t owen a vivant Go but those are about the same price. On demand. Convection. Hard hitting people say.

you also have the Dynavap M for about $80 ty jay hits pretty hard as well. Just need a torch or induction heater.

ginolicious,
Top Bottom