• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

HAMR portable dab rig

lazylathe

Almost there...
Just stumbled upon across this newish type of dab rig.
Seems to be similar in style to the Rio Stache just smaller.

I could not locate the original web page of the manufacturer but found this review....

Found it:

Sorry for lack of pictures....my PC is not working well...

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Not sure where I saw this last, but I definitely did a double take. Nice form factor with that glass, but I wonder if I'd be more happy with a 3d mold for my favorite piece + torch? Wonder if the flame position fits well with standard bangers?

ProfessionalHandJob

"A handjob is still a job, okay?"
Just stumbled upon across this newish type of dab rig.
Seems to be similar in style to the Rio Stache just smaller.

I could not locate the original web page of the manufacturer but found this review....

Found it:

Sorry for lack of pictures....my PC is not working well...
It has carb holes in the bottom of the banger...... I picked up one on sale + a code for like $60 a few weeks back. Haven't tried it yet, I just thought it looked neat. I can take some pics and post a bit later.

ProfessionalHandJob

"A handjob is still a job, okay?"
Here's some shots of the HAMR and it's oddly placed carb hole on the banger, in addition to one in the top of the bubble cap. The banger itself is a 14mm, I don't have another to try in it though.

The bottom of the hammer pipe itself is angled, so it can be sat down on its own outside of the silicone base.
image0.jpegimage3.jpegimage4.jpegimage5.jpeg

Last edited:

Clapped_r6

Quote from an owner, (from that link above)

"And there's the flaw right thereyour puddle always sets on fire because of it coming in contact with the flame via the little hole hence scorched terps burnt flavor sits on my shelf $350 down the drain never use it."

Clapped_r6,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

SixStringToker

Naked member
I received one of these yesterday and well... meh. It's functional, but a bit frustrating to use.

The glass does not fit securely in the base at all. I first noticed this in a YouTube review video when the reviewer didn't seem to be pushing it down into the base all the way, but it turns out that he was... it's just not a great fit. if you were to attempt to pick up the vape via gripping the glass piece, it would lift right out of the base. The lighter is also a bit wobbly within the base, resulting in the need to manually adjust the torch and the glass before each hit to ensure that the flame heats the little finger banger evenly.

The main dial on the torch really just has two positions; On and Off. The flame height/intensity is adjusted via a separate dial on the bottom, so it needs to be adjusted prior to setting the torch into the base. The torch has four nozzles and the flame height is not super consistent between them, but it does burn pretty consistently from session to session.

Overall, the HAMR performs quite nicely once you get everything aligned and it seems pretty easy to maintain. It's just irritating that the pieces wobble around on the base. :ugh:

Top Bottom