GREEN DRAGON microdosing

organic weed

RECEIPT FOR GREEN DRAGON SUBLINGUAL TINCTURE

10 gr herb, finely grainded.
Bake it at 107 C/224 F for 50 minutes
Put the baked herb into a 90 ml - 95% álcool
Keep it in the refrigerator for 2 weeks. Shake it 2/3 times a week
Take it off the refrigerator, filtrate it into a pan and let the alcohol evaporate by putting a fan on top. Mix the green glue with a 30 ml oil and store it in a droplet glass container.
Start with 3 drops. Wait for 90 minutes and start adjusting the dosage according to your needs.

IMPORTANT: intake has to be with empty stomach far away from meals. Wait at least 30 minutes before ingesting food

Effects last 6-7 hours. Be very careful not to overdose. The great thing with GD is that it will always perform the same with the same dosage. It’s the most medicinal way to intake cannabis IMO.

I’ve been microdosing on my own sublingual tinctures and edibles for a few years now and it’s the way to go for me. The lower the dosage, the bigger and more lasting the effects. I guess your body gets used to maximize what gets. I can’t vaporize or smoke anymore because of serious throat irritation that kills me for days after. I’ve tried all types of vapes, bongs, temperature etc but the pain it’s always there. Cannabis is a medicine and it doesn’t make sense if it helps on one side and injures you on the other side.
So now I just do micro on edibles and tinctures and I’m very happy with that because it lasts for hours. You just need one intake per day, maybe with one smaller dosage in the afternoon.

The secret here is to use the tincture and edibles with an empty stomach and start with the equivalent of a 0.05 gram dosage. Wait for 1 hour and see what you feel. The peak will arrive at about 2 hrs after I take but that depends a lot on the herb. You need to know your herb.

What’s your experience with Green Dragon?

Last edited:

organic weed

I'll have to make a batch, thee's a guy Sam at grass city forum who is the GD guru and very generous with his expertise. Thanks for sharing @organic weed! long time no see! Glad you shared!
Hi @Truth Seeker great to see you... yeah im not that active anymore on forums. I was looking for Sam in Grass City but couldn't find it. There's now after legalization started booming a large wave of technological innovations that are improving the way to decarb and do ingestable extracts so I'm trying to network with some gurus to improve my technique, if you know of somebody let me know!

Truth Seeker

Hi @Truth Seeker great to see you... yeah im not that active anymore on forums. I was looking for Sam in Grass City but couldn't find it. There's now after legalization started booming a large wave of technological innovations that are improving the way to decarb and do ingestable extracts so I'm trying to network with some gurus to improve my technique, if you know of somebody let me know!
It's always great to hear from you too!. This is the guy "Sam" (link to forum) His handle is "Psychedelic Sam" it's a very lengthy thread and this guy is very good at answering any questions.

Link to Sam's recipes

shredder

Keep it in the refrigerator for 2 weeks. Shake it 2/3 times a week
If your still following this thread @organic weed, why refrigerate for 2 weeks?

When I make a golden dragon (decarbed weed in alcohol) I do a couple minute soak. The alcohol catches most of the cannabinoids quickly and longer soaks could pick up more plant waxes. Am I missing something?

Regardless of how it's made I agree on how nice a mct oil infusion can be. Lately I use decarbed rosin and feco, and add food grade terpenes in mct oil. The rosin and (most) terpenes additions don't taste great as without them, but the effects are worth it to me. The one I use now is 4.5ml per drop, so I don't need a lot of it.

organic weed

If your still following this thread @organic weed, why refrigerate for 2 weeks?

When I make a golden dragon (decarbed weed in alcohol) I do a couple minute soak. The alcohol catches most of the cannabinoids quickly and longer soaks could pick up more plant waxes. Am I missing something?

Regardless of how it's made I agree on how nice a mct oil infusion can be. Lately I use decarbed rosin and feco, and add food grade terpenes in mct oil. The rosin and (most) terpenes additions don't taste great as without them, but the effects are worth it to me. The one I use now is 4.5ml per drop, so I don't need a lot of it.
@shredder sorry for the late reply, im not much on the social media and forum anymore.... I've heard that below freezing T avoid the dissolution of chlorophyl. I agree that it should not be so long and now I've started decreasing the time, only just a couple of days and shaking heavily,

How do you decarb rosin? Which T? How can you add terpenes? It would be very interesting to know. Terpenes make a lot of diference in how the tincture performs. The tincture that you buy in the dispensaries are very mellow and are not worth it in my opinion. It's all about money and the prize for a good tincture would not have a decent market value for most of the people IMO, so dispensaries are not really producing them properly.

organic weed,

Truth Seeker

No, I haven't. Kief can be an excellent smoke but for people like me that doesn't smoke or vape anymore, I would definitely try to decarb the kief and make tinctures out of it. At least I'd try.
Hey my friend I started a thread asking if anyone went edibles only? There's a guy who used a tincture and it raised his tryglycerides greatly, just wanted to give you a heads up! I'll post a link to the thread.

shredder

How do you decarb rosin? Which T? How can you add terpenes? It would be very interesting to know.

I use my nova fx, but that's not the only way to decarb rosin. You can use an oven for 40 minutes at 240F or use gentle heat and wait for the bubbles to stop forming. In the oven I use a shot glass, and cover loosely with foil.

Adding terpenes is simply buying terpenes and dripping some on the tincture or infusion. I'm using food grade terpenes I found on the net. I try to stay in the range of one drop per 10-12 doses, so very little because they're strong. I've also used sweet orange oil in the same way for infusions and in chocolate.

Last edited:

Robert-in-YEG

I've also used sweet orange oil in the same way for infusions
Does this improve the taste?

Robert-in-YEG

"The Buddha taught that to wake from the dream of bewilderment and suffering, we first need to sit still and take a deep breath."
~ Sakyon Miphan

Robert-in-YEG,

organic weed

Adding terpenes is simply buying terpenes and dripping some on the tincture or infusion. I'm using food grade terpenes I found on the net.

@shredder don't you think the cannabis terpenes are unique and not really replaceable? I've heard and red in several places that the difference between strains is in the terpenes. THC is THC. CBD is CBD. But what makes cannabis strains unique is the difference in terpenes and flavonoids, so the more we capture from the original material, the better. Any idea about this? I think that edibles can retrain more through butter/oil dissolution than doing an oven decarb because they are immersed in thriglicerids. What do you think?

shredder

@shredder don't you think the cannabis terpenes are unique and not really replaceable? I've heard and red in several places that the difference between strains is in the terpenes. THC is THC. CBD is CBD. But what makes cannabis strains unique is the difference in terpenes and flavonoids, so the more we capture from the original material, the better. Any idea about this? I think that edibles can retrain more through butter/oil dissolution than doing an oven decarb because they are immersed in thriglicerids. What do you think?

For my purposes food grade terpenes work well. They may not be as good as natural organic grown cannabis derived terpenes but I've never bought the good stuff, so my answer is dunno, lol.

I've seen test results showing a Nova decarb machine retained more terpenes than any other decarbing method tested. I'm thinking it's because it's covered and contained so when I decarb in the oven I loosely cover the vessel with foil. I'm not sure if it helps or not, but it makes me think I'm doing something helpful, lol.

Edit, as far as decarbing in oil or butter. I used to do just that in a glass jar in a crock pot. And I got inconsistent results. Since then I've read that using oil insulates the canna oil. Basically the same reason you can bake brownies at 300F + and not neutralize the effects, the canna oil is insulated. So you can decarb in oil, but wouldn't recommend it.

Last edited:

organic weed

Hey my friend I started a thread asking if anyone went edibles only? There's a guy who used a tincture and it raised his tryglycerides greatly, just wanted to give you a heads up! I'll post a link to the thread.
@Truth Seeker just joined the post...that's a true truth seeking! Ultimately, we are still far from having a real good picture on the safest routes for cannabis intake. Not even vaping is certain..it will take at least a couple of decades, most likely more, to get ultimate answers that will lead to responsible consumption, something we have no clue today. The question is what is your appetite for risk level? Irregular consumption is not s problem IMO. When it gets daily or even several times a week, then we step in the unknown still unfortunately. I really like cannabis for a number of different reasons. I've tried to find a healthy balance for intake but it looks like a perennial moving target...

tokenknifeguy

I'll have to make a batch, thee's a guy Sam at grass city forum who is the GD guru and very generous with his expertise. Thanks for sharing @organic weed! long time no see! Glad you shared!
Yea I've tried that but didn't have that great of results. There was a thread on grass city, where a dude talked about cooking weed in butter for about 5 mins or so. The first time I did that, it was the best weed high I've ever had. My tolerance was pretty high, but I ate it around 12 pm and it lasted all day until I went to sleep. I only cooked the weed in butter for a few minutes like he said and it was amazing. I never could ever recreate those results again. I've tried several more times and nothing. I've cooked weed in a crock pot for 24 hrs and had it work out great, but felt more like a shroom trip than that quickie cook. That cook felt like how I got when I first started smoking weed, but last 12+ hours going on strong. The perfect drug IMO. The best weed high I've ever had by far. I can make some killer edibles but I still haven't been able to recreate that experience.

Top Bottom