Grasshopper replacement

ploooopp

Hey guys, rn I got a Dynavap M and a Davinci IQ2 but I miss the fast heatup, monster hits and the stealth the grasshopper had, mine worked for about a year and a half before it got permanent blue/red blinkies and that was it, I ended up getting a refund instead of going through their whole process.

Are there any Grasshopper knockoffs (literally replicas or copies of it) any devices that hit in the same way. I've read up on the Xmax devices and they seem cool but it's one of those things where what I want is to turn the vape on, get 2 puffs and be baked for an hour or so not have a full session.

I'm just a little bummed, the Grasshopper really felt like the perfect thing, if only their QC, Service & Support and RMA weren't broken it could've been great

ploooopp

Order a tinymight my friend and never look back, xmax v3pro is a solid budget version, though it can't quite compare to the high end, I actually prefer both to my hopperIO!
I will consider it, my issue is being in an illegal country, having the grasshopper was the best, I could have it in any pocket and no one would question it, the size of it made it ultra portable where even the davinci (being a fairly small device) requires it's own pocket. Kinda silly I know, but I gotta consider stuff like that, mostly it's with speed, if I could hit something once and the whole thing take 10-30 seconds then it's easy to find a spot away from the crowd. But the dynavap for example requires more planning, cuz you're stood there heating it for a minute and the davinci just means you'll be standing there puffing for a couple of minutes to get anywhere

Edit: Which do you prefer the most, the Tetra P80 or the Tinymight and why? if that ain't too much to ask

ploooopp,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
There are no literal knock-offs.
I'm shocked you were ever able too get a refund on a hopper!

I think @Shit Snacks has a solid suggestion with the TM, and I don't even own one! TM is smaller than you may think...
In the 'very pocketable, very quick' category is the V-Leaf Go. It is on-demand convection, not at all top tier like a TM, but stealth is there.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I will consider it, my issue is being in an illegal country, having the grasshopper was the best, I could have it in any pocket and no one would question it, the size of it made it ultra portable where even the davinci (being a fairly small device) requires it's own pocket. Kinda silly I know, but I gotta consider stuff like that, mostly it's with speed, if I could hit something once and the whole thing take 10-30 seconds then it's easy to find a spot away from the crowd. But the dynavap for example requires more planning, cuz you're stood there heating it for a minute and the davinci just means you'll be standing there puffing for a couple of minutes to get anywhere

Ah Yeah so that's the thing, what ruins the hopper was trying to make it into that pen size imo so it is difficult to find anything else remotely as small lol

For the instant heat up and simple industrial design style use, Tafée Bowle is pretty amazing although not the same type of portable, much larger and weird shape (I use mine without the drinking cup) and it has pretty terrible battery life, not replaceable battery either...

You might like the xlux Roffu more than the xmax v3pro style wise, but so far with mine the vapor quality has not been as good, but a pretty good evolution from grasshopper which doesn't have amazing vapor quality itself per se... They are both made by the same company topgreen if you look at the threads here, could be a worthwhile pickup if you like how they look and sound, but the TM is overall more versatile, more effective for me in every way.

Edit: Which do you prefer the most, the Tetra P80 or the Tinymight and why? if that ain't too much to ask

Definitely the TM, and it is a little smaller, more pocketable, more secure stem connection (and there are plenty of aftermarket options now for those) I mostly just use my TP80 through water, and TM gets used to try through hooks and such (I have new all glass cooling stems I posted in the thread) The tetra has fancy digital features, but they're not necessary, the TM and its analog style dial are perfect for my style of use and I like the haptic feedback as well... Another favorite is the firewood 7 and the FW 8 is coming soon, but if I had to have just one vape it would be the TM, for flavor purity and efficient performance in a variety of settings. On top of all that the TM is able to just order at any time, versus the bum rush to buy a tetra (although there will likely be a drop soon)

ploooopp

There are no literal knock-offs.
I'm shocked you were ever able too get a refund on a hopper!

I think @Shit Snacks has a solid suggestion with the TM, and I don't even own one! TM is smaller than you may think...
In the 'very pocketable, very quick' category is the V-Leaf Go. It is on-demand convection, not at all top tier like a TM, but stealth is there.
I just decided to contact the governing autorities that handle commerce and explained the situation to them, showed them proof of hoppers failed RMAs and some other stuff, to where they gave me a document to send to Hopper with a deadline, if the deadline wasn't met and I got my money back the government would step in. So it only took two weeks and my money was back

ploooopp

Ah Yeah so that's the thing, what ruins the hopper was trying to make it into that pen size imo so it is difficult to find anything else remotely as small lol

For the instant heat up and simple industrial design style use, Tafée Bowle is pretty amazing although not the same type of portable, much larger and weird shape (I use mine without the drinking cup) and it has pretty terrible battery life, not replaceable battery either...

You might like the xlux Roffu more than the xmax v3pro style wise, but so far with mine the vapor quality has not been as good, but a pretty good evolution from grasshopper which doesn't have amazing vapor quality itself per se... They are both made by the same company topgreen if you look at the threads here, could be a worthwhile pickup if you like how they look and sound, but the TM is overall more versatile, more effective for me in every way.

Definitely the TM, and it is a little smaller, more pocketable, more secure stem connection (and there are plenty of aftermarket options now for those) I mostly just use my TP80 through water, and TM gets used to try through hooks and such (I have new all glass cooling stems I posted in the thread) The tetra has fancy digital features, but they're not necessary, the TM and its analog style dial are perfect for my style of use and I like the haptic feedback as well... Another favorite is the firewood 7 and the FW 8 is coming soon, but if I had to have just one vape it would be the TM, for flavor purity and efficient performance in a variety of settings. On top of all that the TM is able to just order at any time, versus the bum rush to buy a tetra (although there will likely be a drop soon)
I have been eyeing the Lamart website for the past 4-5 months (as I was writing this bit I managed to drop my waterbottle and drenched my lovely keyboard, so I'm on a spare rn) I'll look at reviews and such of the Tinymight but this might be a gift for myself soon enough

Shit Snacks

I have been eyeing the Lamart website for the past 4-5 months (as I was writing this bit I managed to drop my waterbottle and drenched my lovely keyboard, so I'm on a spare rn) I'll look at reviews and such of the Tinymight but this might be a gift for myself soon enough

Nice, yeah he has been on a long winter spring vacation, that is why we think a drop is coming very soon... But yeah especially using as an out and about portable, I would have to absolutely go with the TM over TP80
Just skim through backwards in this^ thread, you will see many little reviews and such, a lot of new owners that are very satisfied!

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Get a Tinymight and then a year from now when you still haven't managed to navigate the frantic quarterly Lamart batch drops we won't have to feel bad for you because you'll already have one of the easiest and most consistent portables out there

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Yet another vote for the TM, especially after reading your scenario („[...] hit something once and the whole thing take 10-30 seconds then it's easy to find a spot away from the crowd.“). I've never used a Grasshopper, but the TM is very fast at heating up & extracting. It's bigger than the Grasshopper for sure, but still fairly compact, I'm sure you'd find a nice way to hide it away quickly.

fogbank

Agree that the V-Leaf Go is the closest in size and shape to a Hopper. But it doesn't hit nearly as hard as a fully functional Hopper.

if I could hit something once and the whole thing take 10-30 seconds

The XMax V3Pro is pretty close to the Hopper in performance. You can get a couple of big hits in a few minutes, but not 10-30 seconds. The TM is probably faster, but doesn't come close to the small profile of the Hopper.

ploooopp

Thank you guys for bolstering my resolve, I just ordered a TM, are there any mods/accesories you guys recommend? Been seeing stuff about it getting real hot and the cooling units being a hassle to clean, so maybe different stems? is there possibly a stem bubbler? Like something aobut as big as a normal stem with a bubbler on the inside

Shit Snacks

Thank you guys for bolstering my resolve, I just ordered a TM, are there any mods/accesories you guys recommend? Been seeing stuff about it getting real hot and the cooling units being a hassle to clean, so maybe different stems? is there possibly a stem bubbler? Like something aobut as big as a normal stem with a bubbler on the inside

Yes, check the TM thread, start on the most recent page and skim backwards, this question is asked all the time there :tup:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Agree that the V-Leaf Go is the closest in size and shape to a Hopper. But it doesn't hit nearly as hard as a fully functional Hopper.

The XMax V3Pro is pretty close to the Hopper in performance. You can get a couple of big hits in a few minutes, but not 10-30 seconds. The TM is probably faster, but doesn't come close to the small profile of the Hopper.
Ironically I prefer the vleaf to the Xmax on flavor but the absolute garbage battery life keeps it in the 3rd tier category for me. If they made a vleaf go 2 with a removable battery I would be sorely tempted.

Shit Snacks

I couldn't get a hang of the go so much with its more manual nature, didn't like the mouthpiece or tiny bowl, I like the temp control of the v3pro and prefer the mouth pieces as well, along with the session / on demand capability and of course the battery

Top Bottom