Grabbed Dune Part 2 tix, looks amazing & who elsešŸ‘

coolbreeze

Read the series many times. I really liked David Linch's Dune, and I liked both of the new Dunes. I feel Jessica shows too much emotion for being a Bene Gesserit Witch.
Agreed. I've only seen the first but I caught that right away. 'This wilting flower is an almost supernatural assassin? Get a grip, Jessica!' Otherwise I can't wait to see the new one, and I really hope he keeps making them.

Last edited by a moderator:

vapirtoo

I agree that the books had Jessica kinda like, Fuck around and find out, while the movie had
her upset and out of sorts.
I did enjoy the aspect of the Bene Gesserit's generational plan being ruthless, and playing
a longer game than the Empire.
I really wanted Alia to be around to kill the Baron, and say that famous line that my friends and I are
always quoting , "cause He is the Kwisatz Haderach!"
Her baby voice makes it unforgettable.

el sargantano

Saw it finally weeks ago. It is awesome.
I really love all films I seen from Villeneuve. From Arrival to Blade Runner 2049.
I like his touch, tweaking in his own way the heavy toxic rain from BladeRunner to the snowflakes, or the hazy sand desert of the 2049.
And after the Dune vol1 just introducing characters and worldbuilding the Corrino Empire, the vol2 gives me much more than I anxiously expected. All movie long I was on the edge of my seat, quaking and ready to grab that sandworm. The chorus, the sound, that big screen... alltogether a wonderful experience you have to live at the movie theater. I'll see it again in a couple of weeks and report back.
Just with a single screening I freak out with the Apocalypse Now homages: the bald head of Baron Harkkonen, kill'em all, the copters flying towards the sun...
The sound is overwelming, but I'd cherished an even eviler Harkkonen characters, with crueler attitudes to their slaves more in line with the 1984 film version. Mainly both: Baron & Feyd Rautha.
All in all, I'll see it again soon, so epic cinema

Top Bottom