Got some $ saved, looking to possibly buy a blimp

2 Cycle

I want to be able to travel safely and efficiently to wherever I want but there is no way I could fly a plane. Plus, airplanes are extremely expensive, from what I can gather blimps are fairly cheap by comparison. I played a video game a long time ago and the airship had an airplane on board so maybe down the road with that. But I need the advice only an owner or someone familiar with blimps could offer. As of right now, I have no leads on a good used one or anything so any advice would be great

MinnBobber

I'm only familiar with racing blimps as that was once my passion. There's nothing quite like the rush of negotiating a blimp racetrack and feeling the g -forces build as you swoop thru the corners---brings back memories.

Are you looking for just recreational blimping or racing blimps?

And of course, fuck combustion on your blimp :)
Hydrogen rules while helium fools.

f30cb1de6004e4b1551ea3f97910cfa2.jpg

szai

I really don't know what to make of this thread. It's fascinating and kind of bizarre and kind of like a highdea. It's fantastic and fabulous and I chear on the endeavor!

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Never owned a blimp or not yet anyway.
Owned a hovercraft for a while, albeit in a much smaller scale.
This seems like a good family blimp!

https://newatlas.com/go/6595/

^ Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! It's a f**k'n go-cart strapped to a bag!

F*@k'n "Sky Yacht"!
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...

It's the "pup tent" of Sky Travel!

2 Cycle

Who is even going to enforce the license, the blimp police? Obviously the Feds would not have clearance to dock on the blimp in the air and you can see them down on the runway. Just float down the road and land in a field or someone's yard.

Top Bottom